PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible Bill can save his job by benching Mac Jones and blaming the season on him?

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Starting to feel like the coaches are throwing Mac Jones under the bus. 2-8 and from what I’m hearing from the game it seems like Mac Jones has completely collapsed. Do you guys think Bill will try to paint Mac Jones as the reason behind this season’s failure and could it buy him one more season?

Starting to feel like the coaches are throwing Mac Jones under the bus. 2-8 and from what I’m hearing from the game it seems like Mac Jones has completely collapsed. Do you guys think Bill will try to paint Mac Jones as the reason behind this season’s failure and could it buy him one more season?
Possible.

Bring in a new GM and I’m fine with that. Bill is done here as a GM and he should be.

Another thread that belongs in an assclown forum ...
Belichick has never spoke negatively about any player ...
He also has never painted by numbers ... always started Bob Ross.

To save his job you don’t think it’s possible he will bench Mac Jones and try to make it seem like he couldn’t win with him? Or will Bill go down with the ship

If Bill benches Mac and then the extreme unlikely outcome that he starts winning with another guy on the roster... then all that would prove is that Bill completely wasted this season because he can't evaluate QB talent.

It also wouldn't change the defense being as bad as it's been, the special teams being as bad as it's been, and every other issue with the offense.

Oh and the bad drafts.

Oh and the questionable coaching staff decisions.

Yeah, silly question, if RK wants to make a change that isn't going to change his mind. I would think his mind is already made up now.

To save his job you don’t think it’s possible he will bench Mac Jones and try to make it seem like he couldn’t win with him? Or will Bill go down with the ship
Bill will do what he has always done, right or wrong, he’ll start the player he feels gives the team the best shot at winning. He won’t do it to save himself

This could piss a lot of people off, but I could see Bill cooperating for the sake of his sons and allows a GM to come in if Kraft gives him that ultimatum. I don’t see Bill wanting to finish his career anywhere else.

The attention certainly shifts some of the blame off him, onto Mac. The Patriots were functional today, the one exception being the pass blocking and Mac Jones himself.

Bill is not coming back next season, and he shouldn’t but I don’t want him fired in-season. That would be shameful.

Could we ****ing fire Bill to avoid this ****? The OP makes a salient point. This is why teams don’t want a lame duck coach (and GM.) **** Bill’s “legacy.” The players should have a coach focused on making the best of the rest of the season and setting the table for the future.

Maybe the next coach will believe in fielding a punt returner?

Sure, after doing all the classic things we laughed at other teams for breaking their new rookie QB's, blame it all on the QB.
The ill-advised throws and consistently bad decisions Mac makes isn't because Belichick has forgotten how to coach. Mac has unraveled before our eyes and there's no fixing it.

Could we ****ing fire Bill to avoid this ****? The OP makes a salient point. This is why teams don’t want a lame duck coach (and GM.) **** Bill’s “legacy.” The players should have a coach focused on making the best of the rest of the season and setting the table for the future.
As I mentioned in my thread:
(1) they don't want to pay him big bucks to not coach, and (2) they want to give him the same type of sendoff they're going to give Brady next year.

Mac is responsible for every single loss other than Philadelphia.
Then Brady was responsible for almost every win. It cuts both ways.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

Maybe the next coach will believe in fielding a punt returner?

BB himself said just days ago the problems extend way beyond quarterback. The wheels are off the cart, his exit is fait accompli. You just might have to wait 'til season's end to celebrate what you've been clamoring for.

The impact of booting him now might be counter to whatever advantages you believe that holds, especially if heir apparent Mayo assumes the role sans his own support structure. That could prove very unfair getting him off on the wrong foot. But who the hell knows. It's bye week, maybe Kraft pulls the plug early and the haters can grab their grave-dancing shoes.

Yes, BB needs to go. It's obvious yet very, very sad. We can only hope that whoever replaces him returns respectability to what he helped build here.

Last edited:
Then Brady was responsible for almost every win. It cuts both ways.
That’s a bit too simple. QBs can definitely lose games at the expense of the rest of the team due to being the central point of turnovers. QBs can’t singlehandedly win the same way they can singlehandledy lose. BB is a great coach and everyone around here needs to chill.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back