PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Dont’a Hightower Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's started slowly before but he's looking worrisomely awful out there. The D is sunk if he can't pull it together

It's definitely a concern. He's not just failing to live up to his contract, through three weeks he's been outright bad. Looks like he's lost a step and he didn't really have a step to lose to begin with.

Hopefully he'll improve as the season goes along and not just get hurt again.

It's definitely a concern. He's not just failing to live up to his contract, through three weeks he's been outright bad. Looks like he's lost a step and he didn't really have a step to lose to begin with.

A step? We were playing Roberts over him in passing downs. Brandon spikes never looked that slow.

The tape is already out there. At this point just hope there are teams desperate for lb help.

Is it possible anybody out there is more desperate for linebackers than us?

Doesn’t seem possible

Is it possible anybody out there is more desperate for linebackers than us?

Doesn’t seem possible

Maybe pitt? I’m to the point of moving on and finding help through the nfl practice squad (Eric lee last year)

The tape is already out there. At this point just hope there are teams desperate for lb help.

The only team that desperate for LBs is is us. Based on his play so far I don't think even the Steelers would be interested in his contract. This is what happens when you have the worst LBs in the league, watch them torpedo your team in the Super Bowl, then don't meaningfully address the situation in the offseason

Roberts looked a lot better maybe that's why BB kept him yikes. :eek:

This is what happens when you have the worst LBs in the league, watch them torpedo your team in the Super Bowl, then don't meaningfully address the situation in the offseason
Unfortunately, I think there could be a lot of truth in this statement.

I believe in Hightower's talent but I'm not sure if his body can still keep up given the amount of injuries he sustained over the years. I'd just keep him because I don't think anyone is touching his contract with his current play and the fact that our LBs are among the worst in the NFL. If he doesn't improve we might just have to cut him in the offseason.

We have bigger problems to worry about though.

I do, unfortunately, think Hightower may be done. D. McCourty, too. It's perfectly possible both of them round into form but they haven't given us any reason to be optimistic. If they are in fact done for, that's a mighty big blow to this defense to have two of their better players and leaders fall off a cliff in the same season.

I think a trade for a competent LB and/or S is borderline essential at this point. I'm more optimistic about the DL because I think Shelton and Brown are talented but under-performing, not to mention the possibility of promoting Valentine to the active roster; Flowers should be returning soon, too.

But, yeah, LB and S is worrisome. I want to see (a) trade(s) there. Tyrann Mathieu would've been a good signing this past offseason and he didn't command much money, iirc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back