PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Bruschi a Pro Football Hall of Famer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not by stats and they don't have a measurement for being a field general and making the players around you better. So, it seems unlikely. But, he'll forever be one of my favorite Patriots.

No. Ken Norton Jr was a key cog and pro bowler for the Cowboys and 49ers and didn't get in. I think Rodney is the one who definitely deserves to get in and Willie is the talent who if he had stayed healthy earlier in his career would have gotten in.

Highly doubtful. I think he only made the one Pro Bowl.

Unfortunately no. One Pro Bowl and never led the league in any defensive category. He's a huge stone in the foundation of The Patriot Way, and was a big defensive tone setter on the first Super Bowl run, but those things alone don't get you a bust in Canton.

Hope he does but probably not.

To me Teddy and Troy Brown are the quintessential Patriots team hall of famers. Great players in their roles who would never lead the league in any category or make many Pro Bowls but we wouldn’t have the rings without them. Both of those guys were integral parts in instilling what Bill was looking for both on and off the field.

Not a hall of famer.

Big Bru fan, but I think it's a long shot.

The lack of pro bowl appearances may be a factor. Urlacher made it in with a career the same length with 11 more INTs and 300 more tackles. His teams were far less successful. The difference is he had 8 pro bowl years to Bru's one. He was the poster child for Bears defenses for years. Bru was part of a defense that never wanted a featured player, and quietly did his job. While that role is great in terms of team building, the Hall is looking at individual stats/achievement.

Bruschi doesn't have any room in his man cave for a HOF jacket. Pats HOF, rings, banners, big moment photos etc etc... his wall is loaded. Where would he put it?

Big Bru fan, but I think it's a long shot.

The lack of pro bowl appearances may be a factor. Urlacher made it in with a career the same length with 11 more INTs and 300 more tackles. His teams were far less successful. The difference is he had 8 pro bowl years to Bru's one. He was the poster child for Bears defenses for years. Bru was part of a defense that never wanted a featured player, and quietly did his job. While that role is great in terms of team building, the Hall is looking at individual stats/achievement.

Agree but Bruschi didn't quietly do his job. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots