PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that the Bills are really mad. It seems like it’s a little late for that.

They can be mad and frustrated all they want. It never should have come to this game. The milisecond after being installed as SB favorites after beating the Chiefs, they immediately went into Insecure Little Brother mode. Loss to the Jaguars and total humilation by the Colts? They're staring down the barrel of 7-7. The Patriots have clearly been the better team since the end of September.

McDermott now pointing fingers at Daboll lol. How is that for leadership. Can you imagine Bill calling out Josh?

We really did break that team lol. Wouldn’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs completely.

Re-watching the game right now because it was that entertaining to me.

Since we are playing the what if game to make Bills fans feel better....

The first two throws of the 2nd half by the "beast" Josh Allen were almost picked off, one a potential pick 6 to JC Jackson. What about those drops? Hmmmmm???? A little intellectual honesty too much to hope for?

That's the thing...you can't just isolate stats. Yeah...put those 5 drops as catches, and Allen is 20/30. But is 20/30 actually good? What if you take every drop for every QB and count them as completions? QBs are now completing, what, 80% of their passes? And not every drop is entirely on the receiver.

Allen threw a nice pass to Diggs...I don't think there's any question it was a hell of a pass. Of course, Brady's disgusting dime to Antonio Brown against the Patriots, with under two minutes left, would have been absolutely epic if Brown had caught it. That thing was a laser to the back of the endzone and threaded the needle.

But hey, there's a hell of a lot of IFS that go into these games. If a ball hadn't grazed Harry's facemask by a milimeter, Allen likely has zero touchdown passes, too. But if you're looking to build your pro-Allen narrative, that doesn't count.

All I know is at the end of the game, Allen didn't hit Diggs on a routine back shoulder pass that almost certainly would have won the game. And the previous drive he took a 9 yard sack that probably cost them 3 points, and quite possibly the game.

Same stuff I was laughing at Patriots fans for earlier this year...the old "if this play" "if that play" stuff.

Coaching had practically 0 to do with it. Belichick coached like crap, in my opinion.

Dropping passes because of the wind?? What did the wind make their hands cold? Give me a break.

There is ZERO reason for dropping these passes. Allen was throwing dimes DESPITE the wind.

Yeah it was blustery out there. Didn't you see your own kicker miss a FG that was practically 20 yards out? Or are you going to blame him for getting jittery?

Doesn't matter how accurate you are, you are never going to win a fight against blustery condition- professional football is a game of inches, and that's all that takes to mess up a pass.

And last but not least, are you telling me that McDermott actually wanted to go against the wind in the 4th quarter? Give me a break.

laugh laughing GIF

McDermott now pointing fingers at Daboll lol. How is that for leadership. Can you imagine Bill calling out Josh?

We really did break that team lol. Wouldn’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs completely.

Second article appears pretty good but hit a paywall.. any way to get around it?

Still? That would imply we ever were worried.

It could affect SOME dropped passes. But it did NOT affect THIS dropped pass.

The ball was literally IN HIS ARMS.
The only people who would make this claim are people who have never swung at, or tried to catch, a knuckleball.

For cripes sake, the Pats punter hit the ball with his ankle when the wind gusted.

And I hope the Bills, like you, "aren't impressed with the Pats." Should work out well in three weeks.

I always found it weird Jim Johnson never got a HC gig, but a guy like McDermott working under Johnson does.

Ditto with Spagnolo. He gets a gig soon after being a DC for 5 minutes.

They can be mad and frustrated all they want. It never should have come to this game. The milisecond after being installed as SB favorites after beating the Chiefs, they immediately went into Insecure Little Brother mode. Loss to the Jaguars and total humilation by the Colts? They're staring down the barrel of 7-7. The Patriots have clearly been the better team since the end of September.

I think of a boxer getting his ass kicked and then saying after the fight “now I’m really mad!”

Coaching had practically 0 to do with it. Belichick coached like crap, in my opinion.

Dropping passes because of the wind?? What did the wind make their hands cold? Give me a break.

There is ZERO reason for dropping these passes. Allen was throwing dimes DESPITE the wind.
Wrong.

BB ran to eat up the 1st quarter into the wind.

They had a lead on the big play, then got 2 (which the Bills STUPIDLY didn't counter.

With the lead, they stayed on the ground, period. Why? Because incomplete passes stop the clock and in a game so affected by weather, favoring the defense, BB decided to limit opportunities. Buffalo stopped the clock 15 times. The Pats 1 time. That's why there were only 107 plays in the whole damned game.

After the first half, the Bills STUPIDLY decided to receive and give the Pats the ability to take the wind at their backs in Q4. Stupid...really bad coaching.

Because that meant the Pats could stay on the ground - and if Buffalo managed to get a lead, the Pats would have the wind at their backs in Q4, with a much longer FG range.

You really don't even know what you're talking about. Wind doesn't add to drops?

I take back the nice things I said about McDermott earlier this season. He threw everyone but himself under the bus after that game, and he acted like a little crybaby b*tch. No wonder they choke when it matters.
For real, you'll never see Belichick do that.

Show me any other angle where he should have had it lol. That is THE angle. It’s straight ahead. He barely got a hand on it.

I know it, Diggs sucks. I would have made that catch easy. They should cut his @ss.

Where are the Josh Allen ball washers today?? HMM. Is there still a *********** this week for him??

To answer the question in the thread title, yes I am very worried about the Bills now. And their fans.

Suicide watch might be appropriate, certainly some mental health evaluation and concern about the potential for self-harm is indicated.

And I expect to be more worried after their next several games. Even a Florida vacation seems unlikely to help them.

It’s going to be fun watching Brady put another whipping on the Bills. And then McDermott can cry about them throwing too much.

You can't talk your way out of me thinking this was a horrendous dropped pass.

I realize that you drastically WANT it not to be a dropped pass, because if he caught it, the Bills win.

But no one outside of Patriot universe would ever think this was anything other than a horrible dropped pass.

There is no more tracking to do. The Ball is literally in his arms.

You should put some ice on that butthurt, bro.

I thought the Bills were supposed to have a good running game. They had a really good running game last year. This year they don’t and certainly didn’t last night. Very ordinary. One of the weaker running attacks we’ve seen this year I think. Didn’t they get a couple of guys up front back from injury last night? Yikes.

They aren’t beating us or come close to doing that in Foxboro without a running game.

I dont think ive ever been more confident in a Bills win than the Bills winning at Gillette in a few weeks.

Knowing all it took for the Pats to win by 4 points in that hurricane...

I know it. Beating the Bills at home without using your passing.game is really emptying out the playbook. And your confidence is well founded, nothing says “we own you” like losing at home when the other team only throws the ball 3 times.

* The Patriots did accumulate 19 yards through the air, which does seem a little excessive on their part. They shouldn’t have piled on like that.

Reactions: sb1
Wrong.

BB ran to eat up the 1st quarter into the wind.

They had a lead on the big play, then got 2 (which the Bills STUPIDLY didn't counter.

With the lead, they stayed on the ground, period. Why? Because incomplete passes stop the clock and in a game so affected by weather, favoring the defense, BB decided to limit opportunities. Buffalo stopped the clock 15 times. The Pats 1 time. That's why there were only 107 plays in the whole damned game.

After the first half, the Bills STUPIDLY decided to receive and give the Pats the ability to take the wind at their backs in Q4. Stupid...really bad coaching.

Because that meant the Pats could stay on the ground - and if Buffalo managed to get a lead, the Pats would have the wind at their backs in Q4, with a much longer FG range.

You really don't even know what you're talking about. Wind doesn't add to drops?
You have to consider Bills fans haven't seen smart football for a long time, they see good football now and then but we've watched BB for 20 years now and we've learned a lot of little things that escape other fan bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots