PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it. Beating the Bills at home without using your passing.game is really emptying out the playbook. And your confidence is well founded, nothing says “we own you” like losing at home when the other team only throws the ball 3 times.

* The Patriots did accumulate 19 yards through the air, which does seem a little excessive on their part. They shouldn’t have piled on like that.
They probably could have won with ZERO passes, that would have been something to talk about.

Second article appears pretty good but hit a paywall.. any way to get around it?
Yeah saw that... the Athletic always has one. My hitting esc bypass trick doesn't work on that one... I looked at the page code and I guess it only serves up a small part of the article before running the paywall so it wouldn't work anyway.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: PP2
I realize that you drastically WANT it not to be a dropped pass, because if he caught it, the Bills win.
You do realize the Patriots would have played differently if they were behind, right?

And I love how you'll take the fluke punt muff that led to your only *actual* TD and ignore the sure pick six that JC Jackson dropped.

Using your foolish causality-free logic, if I change just those two plays the Pats win in a laugher.

Wrong.

BB ran to eat up the 1st quarter into the wind.

They had a lead on the big play, then got 2 (which the Bills STUPIDLY didn't counter.

With the lead, they stayed on the ground, period. Why? Because incomplete passes stop the clock and in a game so affected by weather, favoring the defense, BB decided to limit opportunities. Buffalo stopped the clock 15 times. The Pats 1 time. That's why there were only 107 plays in the whole damned game.

After the first half, the Bills STUPIDLY decided to receive and give the Pats the ability to take the wind at their backs in Q4. Stupid...really bad coaching.

Because that meant the Pats could stay on the ground - and if Buffalo managed to get a lead, the Pats would have the wind at their backs in Q4, with a much longer FG range.

You really don't even know what you're talking about. Wind doesn't add to drops?

None of this is stupid.

Despite all of what you said, the Bills still had the ball in your redzone TWICE and dropped a TD.

You do realize the Patriots would have played differently if they were behind, right?

And I love how you'll take the fluke punt muff that led to your only *actual* TD and ignore the sure pick six that JC Jackson dropped.

Using your foolish causality-free logic, if I change just those two plays the Pats win in a laugher.

JC didn’t drop a pick-6. This was already didscussed in this thread and he barely got a few fingers on it.

Allen threw a nice pass to Diggs...I don't think there's any question it was a hell of a pass. Of course, Brady's disgusting dime to Antonio Brown against the Patriots, with under two minutes left, would have been absolutely epic if Brown had caught it. That thing was a laser to the back of the endzone and threaded the needle.
Funny how you go right to a Tom Brady throw, sigh.......

@GreenCow why are you so upset over the dropped pass?

The only people who would make this claim are people who have never swung at, or tried to catch, a knuckleball.

For cripes sake, the Pats punter hit the ball with his ankle when the wind gusted.

And I hope the Bills, like you, "aren't impressed with the Pats." Should work out well in three weeks.

It wasn’t a knuckle ball.

It was a perfect spiral.

Anyone who has ever thrown or seen a knuckle ball would know that it wouldn’t be able to pierce through that wind.

Because even the briefest thought that their $258 million dollar quarterback isn't perfect is like staring into the maw of existential football dread.

Because his team lost and he has nothing else to go with. He spent all week telling us about how great the Bills are, how they are a finesse team, just like the Manning led Colts. OOO did I mention Manning in the same sentence as Allen, of course Allen isn't that good....yet.... But boy he is amazing. Then they lost, perhaps a finesse team isn't the best team to build to play in freaking Buffalo. What a dumb ass.

I loved that game. When you go into the stadium of your division rival with first place in the conference on the line, tell them you aren’t even going to bother to pass, then beat them to a pulp and walk out with a win simply by ramming the ball down their throats then you truly have made them your b.tch. Belichick should have grabbed a mic, gone to midfield and asked them all “ WHO’S YOUR DADDY?” The dropped the mic and walked off.

“Beat them to a pulp”

- Won by 4 points after the opponent drops 5 passes including a TD, fumbles a ball where they weren’t even touched, and then STILL had a chance in the redzone to win the game with under 2 minutes remaining.

Goodness gracious.

Because his team lost and he has nothing else to go with. He spent all week telling us about how great the Bills are, how they are a finesse team, just like the Manning led Colts. OOO did I mention Manning in the same sentence as Allen, of course Allen isn't that good....yet.... But boy he is amazing. Then they lost, perhaps a finesse team isn't the best team to build to play in freaking Buffalo. What a dumb ass.

Huh? You’re thinking of someone else.

I said I have no idea what’s going to happen and I can see the Pats winning, the whole week before the game.

I’m not upset. It’s just a fact. It happened.
Diggs is one of the best receivers in the league, with minimal wind he would have had that pass.

Diggs is one of the best receivers in the league, with minimal wind he would have had that pass.

Except he didn’t. He dropped it.

But you make a good point.

As long as the conditions of the second game are not like they were on Sunday, I won’t be surprised if the Bills win by double digits.

It took so many gifts for the Patriots to even win by 4.

I’m not upset. It’s just a fact. It happened.
Are you a Bills fan GreenCow?

JC didn’t drop a pick-6. This was already didscussed in this thread and he barely got a few fingers on it.
No it wasn't barely a few fingers it was not a great throw and it should have been caught and taken the other way for the pick 6.

We can all play the "if only" game all day. Reality is what actually happened. Scoreboard.

Where are the Josh Allen ball washers today?? HMM. Is there still a *********** this week for him??

Uh, Allen was great…

Literally the only reason the Bills were in it down to the wire.

NBC actually has a great clip of the analysts talking about how impressive his performance was in that wind.

Except he didn’t. He dropped it.

But you make a good point.

As long as the conditions of the second game are not like they were on Sunday, I won’t be surprised if the Bills win by double digits.

It took so many gifts for the Patriots to even win by 4.
Not with no running game. Was expecting a much bigger challenge than we got especially with guys up front getting healthy. If that's your running game you guys are in a heap of trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes