PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wasn't very impressed with the Patriots at all.

The Bills got lucky with a fluke punt return fumble facemask, whatever you want to call it.

But it took FIVE dropped passes (two of them touchdowns), a fumble where no-one touched the guy, and a missed field goal, to beat the Bills by 4 points.

I don't know how you come away impressed by that. If literally any one of those didn't happen, the Bills win. Thats a very narrow margin there, and it took a lot.

I know you will all **** on this post, and thats fine. Fans should. But I thought Belichick's coaching last night was downright bad.

Narratives change based on who wins. Not on the actual play. If the Bills got into the endzone at the end, today would be all about how Belichick didn't throw enough, didn't score more than 14 points, blah blah blah.

But the Bills didn't deserve to win. Period. They sucked.
I'll give this guy some credit... at least he didn't disappear. ;)

And even if one takes away the 64 - yarder, and says it's only 3.5 ypc... that's 3.5 with the defense KNOWING you're going to run. That's still impressive. :)

Allen completed 15 passes out of 30 attempts. A 50% completion percentage blows.

You show me 15 drops.

I can show you 5.

20 of 30 is 67% ... In 50 mile per hour winds.

I'll give this guy some credit... at least he didn't disappear. ;)

And even if one takes away the 64 - yarder, and says it's only 3.5 ypc... that's 3.5 with the defense KNOWING you're going to run. That's still impressive. :)

and (3.5)x3 = more than 10 yards. AKA, that is the definition of a functioning run game. Eat up time and get first downs.

Saw that stat earlier when someone was praising Belichick. A reporter pointed out that outside of the one homerun TD, the Bills shut the Pats run offense down.

That was not a great coached game.
222 yards on 46 carries...that a tic shy of 5 yards per carry...this jerkoff is a TROLL...nothing more. Time to ban him or make him read only. He's posting LIES and denigrating our great fanbase. Zero respect for the privilege he's gotten to post here

This is genuinely shocking to read through this thread and see you continue to say that the wind wouldn’t affect dropped passes.

It could affect SOME dropped passes. But it did NOT affect THIS dropped pass.

The ball was literally IN HIS ARMS.

Attachments

• bal.png
    bal.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
It could affect SOME dropped passes. But it did NOT affect THIS dropped pass.

The ball was literally IN HIS ARMS.

In what world are you the adjudicator of what constitutes a droppable pass and not droppable. Whether you believe it or not, it really is as simple as: throwing was a bad idea, the wind was too much of a factor. This is an example of that. Tracking a ball is part of what makes a bread basket catch so easy and possible. As soon as that is thrown off just a bit by the wind, the probability of these "easy catches" plummets.

It really is that simple, and it really is why Bill outcoached McDermott.

In what world are you the adjudicator of what constitutes a droppable pass and not droppable. Whether you believe it or not, it really is as simple as: throwing was a bad idea, the wind was too much of a factor. This is an example of that. Tracking a ball is part of what makes a bread basket catch so easy and possible. As soon as that is thrown off just a bit by the wind, the probability of these "easy catches" plummets.

It really is that simple, and it really is why Bill outcoached McDermott.

You can't talk your way out of me thinking this was a horrendous dropped pass.

I realize that you drastically WANT it not to be a dropped pass, because if he caught it, the Bills win.

But no one outside of Patriot universe would ever think this was anything other than a horrible dropped pass.

There is no more tracking to do. The Ball is literally in his arms.

Attachments

• bal.png
    bal.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
I dont think ive ever been more confident in a Bills win than the Bills winning at Gillette in a few weeks.

Knowing all it took for the Pats to win by 4 points in that hurricane...
lol... good for you for being positive i guess. IMO you're just setting yourself up for much worse disappointment down the line. I've seen it with our own delusional homers... The highest "high's" and the lowest "low's".

I realize that you drastically WANT it not to be a dropped pass, because if he caught it, the Bills win.

But no one outside of Patriot universe would ever think this was anything other than a horrible dropped pass.

Yes in his arms and not in his hands and that is where you catch the ball. he probably thought it was going to drop into his hands but the wind played tricks with it, he didn't misjudge it, the wind blew it, not hard to understand really.

Nah trust me, I really wish I could just rag on your WR for being a trash-ass player who can't make plays when it matters on a garbage team that hasn't the guts to win much outside the regular season. Much easier than being nuanced and understanding the fundamentals of playing NFL-caliber football in 50-degree gusts. However, I'm well aware of how good the Bills are and don't feel as comfortable as some come the next showdown (although, I'm confident the Patriots will win.)

Yes in his arms and not in his hands and that is where you catch the ball. he probably thought it was going to drop into his hands but the wind played tricks with it, he didn't misjudge it, the wind blew it, not hard to understand really.

Except it didnt.

It literally hit him right in the hands.

Attachments

• hands.png
    hands.png
    845.9 KB · Views: 4
Except it didnt.

It literally hit him right in the hands.
But the ball has only to get blown by the wind a few inches to make it hard to catch and misjudge it.

Re-watching the game right now because it was that entertaining to me.

Since we are playing the what if game to make Bills fans feel better....

The first two throws of the 2nd half by the "beast" Josh Allen were almost picked off, one a potential pick 6 to JC Jackson. What about those drops? Hmmmmm???? A little intellectual honesty too much to hope for?

I'm ok with giving the Bills that TD catch and then we'll call JCJ's drop a pick 6 which it would have been. :)

Difference is that JC's "pick 6" really wasn't that close.

He stretched out as far as he could and BARELY got a few fingers on it.

It really wasn't that close to being intercepted.

Diggs literally had 2 hands on the ball.

Attachments

• jc.png
    jc.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 3
And by the way, Aqib Talib is on with the inbred Manning boys for the 3rd quarter. The Diggs drop just happened. Talib said that ball was moving in the wind and his hard to track and catch. But what does he know?

Re-watching the game right now because it was that entertaining to me.

Since we are playing the what if game to make Bills fans feel better....

The first two throws of the 2nd half by the "beast" Josh Allen were almost picked off, one a potential pick 6 to JC Jackson. What about those drops? Hmmmmm???? A little intellectual honesty too much to hope for?

I actually just posted about it. Look above...

That was not an "almost" interception.

He barely got a few fingers on it.

I actually just posted about it. Look above...

Ok, you win. I can't do it. I am glad you have these list of justifications to make you feel better about the game. Whatever it takes. It's cheaper than a shrink and healthier than the bottle.

Have a great Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey