PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is andy reid a top 10 coach of all time?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is he?

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 17 26.6%

• Total voters
Without considering the full top 10 he can’t be above
Belichick
Lombardi
Brown
Landry
Hallas
Walsh
Gibbs
Noll
Shula
Johnson
so the best he could possibly be is 11 but there are a whole lot of guys with as many or more rings so I doubt it.
Are you putting him ahead of Tuna? Shanahan?

BB
Walsh
Landry
Noll
Shula
Lombardi
Brown
Halas
Gibbs
Johnson

I would put those 10 over Andy even with a Superbowl win this year
Maybe Madden and Tuna too.
Last year was his chance to move in the top 10 but we saw how the Super Bowl went. If he won it would have been the second repeat this century after BB.

Maybe Madden and Tuna too.
Last year was his chance to move in the top 10 but we saw how the Super Bowl went. If he won it would have been the second repeat this century after BB.

If he gets to the SB this year, he's only the third HC to go to the super bowl 3 times in a row

Belichick
Lombardi
Brown
Landry
Hallas
Walsh
Gibbs
Noll
Shula
Johnson
so the best he could possibly be is 11 but there are a whole lot of guys with as many or more rings so I doubt it.
I think hes better than Shanahan. Tuna? I admittely didnt watch him coach.

He could do a lot in seven more years or so with Mahomes and he arguably has a decent foundation prior/now. Generational QBs seem to help good coaches become great.

(Ducks to avoid Brady/Belichick debate)

Generational QBs seem to help good coaches become great.
Though in the cap era, you need to make hay while they are cheap (1st 5 years), or get one willing to take a little less.

He could do a lot in seven more years or so with Mahomes and he arguably has a decent foundation prior/now. Generational QBs seem to help good coaches become great.

(Ducks to avoid Brady/Belichick debate)
Maybe...Hill and Kelce are generational talents too though and it'll be interesting to see how they are when they slow down physically

There's absolutely no doubt. What Andy Reid did with the Eagles and Donovan McNabb, and with the Chiefs and Alex Smith, is incredible. One more would be great icing on the cake for his legacy, but there's no question in my mind that Reid is one of the very best to ever do it.

There's absolutely no doubt. What Andy Reid did with the Eagles and Donovan McNabb, and with the Chiefs and Alex Smith, is incredible. One more would be great icing on the cake for his legacy, but there's no question in my mind that Reid is one of the very best to ever do it.
Behind BB I would say he's the 2nd best active coach in the league....in looking at the list from poster above, who are you putting Reid above to get into the top 10? It's tough to get him in there without at least another SB win. If he is able to get two more SB wins, then I think he's top 10.

Belichick
Lombardi
Brown
Landry
Hallas
Walsh
Gibbs
Noll
Shula
Johnson
I dunno about Johnson at 10. Shanny was successful in Denver and that's it. I'd put Reid ahead of Shanny, maybe ahead of Johnson. Maybe. Reid got the Eagles to the SB.

No, but Mahomes is a top 10 QB OAT at this rate. Andy is along for the ride like Arians was last season with Brady.

There is no way in hell that Reid knows what Mahomes will do next. Just like Parcells was powerless over Lawrence Taylor. Taylor would blow up the QB, but free lance ignoring the defense as drawn. What could Parcells say or do to Taylor for not following orders when the Giants won?

Behind BB I would say he's the 2nd best active coach in the league....in looking at the list from poster above, who are you putting Reid above to get into the top 10? It's tough to get him in there without at least another SB win. If he is able to get two more SB wins, then I think he's top 10.

Jimmy Johnson doesn’t belong anywhere near that top 10 list. That’s a tip-off that they’re trying hard to reason backwards to keep Reid off.

I think a sb win this year cements it but i think he's already close.
Only 3 losing seasons in 23 years is remarkable (BB has 6 in 27). His reg season WL% is better than JJohnson/BWalsh/JGibbs/TLandry/CNoll but the .531 playoff WL% is not great. I think he's close with a win this year, but that playoff record is relatively putrid. 3 straight wins (which would have to include a playoff win next year), and that puts him over Landry. As for the "intangibles," only started watching football in the mid 80's, so can't really speak to the old guys.

Idk but he's #1 in line in the local all you can eat.

20210205_182622.jpg

Jimmy Johnson doesn’t belong anywhere near that top 10 list. That’s a tip-off that they’re trying hard to reason backwards to keep Reid off.
While I agree with the premise that some are trying hard to keep Reid out, I don’t share your opinion on Jimmy Johnson. He was a winner and leader of very strong personalities. He is responsible for the 3/4 (have to think he gets quite a bit of credit for that last Dallas SB as the winning culture was in motion) and overcame a super strong cast of opponents, including fantastic SF squads.

So, I’d say ‘not even close’ to the list is a bit much. As an owner, I’d want Johnson over Gibbs. Not a knock on Gibbs’ winning, but Jimmy would be my choice of the two.

I wonder if Breit Reid's alcoholic infused reckless driving that destroyed a young girls life forever will have any bearing on this, given he was an Asst to Reid as well as his son. Did HC/Dad know his Asst/Son was getting plastered at work and condoned it?

I dunno about Johnson at 10. Shanny was successful in Denver and that's it. I'd put Reid ahead of Shanny, maybe ahead of Johnson. Maybe. Reid got the Eagles to the SB.
Those weren’t in order.
JJ and shanahan both won 2 SBs in much shorter careers than Reid’s 1.

Belichick
Lombardi
Brown
Landry
Hallas
Walsh
Gibbs
Noll
Shula
Johnson

Frankly, Don Shula doesn't belong in the top 10.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back