PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting

The only player from last years defense that is not bacon is McCourty. Every other player is returning.
So they need one more piece on D.
Tall, proven, vet corner, please, or a 1st-rounder from the draft (I like Porter), and move Mills to FS.

BB has faith in his defense, it seems, and they should be even better together again with so few changes.

Bacon = pig skin as in a football ? Interesting

"As it turns out, the earliest form of the ball we now know as a football was more like what Americans now call a "soccer ball." Of course, most of the rest of the world still refers to soccer balls as "footballs."

These early round balls were made of inflated pig bladders. This is why footballs got the nickname “pigskins."

The earliest games of football featured mobs from opposing villages attempting to kick an inflated pig bladder into the balcony of their opponents' church!

Why pig bladders? Before rubber was invented, animal bladders were easy to get. They were basically round, lightweight, easily inflated and fairly durable.

The oldest football ever found was made in the 1540s. It consists of a pig bladder covered with pieces of leather, possibly from a deer. It was found in 1981 at Stirling Castle in Scotland."

6 degrees of Kevon Bacon to McCourty
Kevin Bacon (End of the Line) → Bob Balaban (80 for Brady) → Julian Edelman (Monday Night Football) ↔ Devon McCourty

The Daily Show Boom GIF

Bacon dipped in dark chocolate is pretty good.

A BLT with avocado is tasty

I have some bacon -flavored hot sauce that is good on BBQ

Pineapple cooked on the grill wrapped in bacon is also pretty good
I like my bacon wrapped in...

more bacon

I'm in the minority but don't care for bacon, as it does not linger long in my stomach... need to move quickly.

I blame this thread for the Mills cut.

I put some bacon bits in my scrambled eggs this morning....

And yeah...Jalen Mills is gone....

We did re-sign everone we wanted to re-sign. To me, that means that the players like the dfensive coaching,

The challenge is to replace McCourty and Mills wth better playeres .

We are now short a starting free safety, a starting outside CB and a starting nickel back. Jonathan can't start at all three positions, We may be ready to count on Jones and Jones to fill one of the outside positions. BTW, Jones the Short on NOT a nickel back.

We are looking at several free agent safeties,

Add Mills.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick