PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Patriots Angle To Alosi's Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the tape, but if Wendell did attempt to trip a player, the team should have been penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. All cheaters are rule-breakers, but not all rule-breakers are cheaters. Case in point: if Wendell had tripped a defensive player while he was playing guard during the next play, he would have been penalized 15 yards for tripping. I doubt he would be called a "cheater" for committing that infraction.

Last edited:
I didn't see the tape, but if Wendell did attempt to trip a player, the team should have been penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. All cheaters are rule-breakers, but not all rule-breakers are cheaters. Case in point: if Wendell had tripped a defensive player while he was playing guard during the next play, he would have been penalized 15 yards for tripping. I doubt he would be called a "cheater" for committing that infraction.

Agreed. Also, we didn't see the whole game or how deep the Jets doing this goes. Wendell could have just been retaliating from a play before that where a Patriot was tripped that wasn't picked up by the camera.

If you see the CBS clip, as opposed to the Fox one, there's really no question he was trying to.
There is a HUGE question. He was getting out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft