PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting offseason cuts around the league thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said the magic words. Sign him up!

Haha if we're lucky he may turn out as good as Galloway, Holt, and Fred Taylor did :)

Leon Washington has been released, I want him [no homo]. We haven't had a legit KR threat in ages.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Philadelphia Eagles will release former Pro Bowl CB Nnamdi Asomugha today.

Finally, I hope we end up choosing him over Talib.

And asomugha is released

you guys r QUICK about the Asomugha release. I just heard it 2 minutes ago

Ywa eagles twitter feed just announced it. Its official. @eagles #Eagles part ways with CB Nnamdi Asomugha and look ahead to NFL Free Agency at 4 p.m.

This free agent market for defensive backs is perfect for the Patriots, they can add 2-3 quality DB's and really upgrade the secondary. I would love to see them bring in Winfield and Goldson but have serious doubts they will pay Goldson after passing on him at a much lower price a year ago. However I won't be surprised to see them add at least 2 quality DB's if not 3.

Kevin Walter is 6'3 and ran a 4.40 forty-yard dash. He's only a poor man's Welker in the sense that he's a white receiver who isn't set to make as much money as Wes.

Damn! Now today we find out that Patsfan posters can't tell white folk apart either! :eek:

Supposedly Aaron Ross is going to sign with the Giants..

Phil Loadholt re-signed with the Vikings.. It will be interesting to hear what his contract details are..

Finding no takers for Washington's $1.5 million salary and $1 million roster bonus, the team now is planning to release the 30-year-old, ESPN.com's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday. The move will save a much-needed $2.125 in salary cap space to help squeeze in Harvin's new contract.

Washington confirmed his departure Tuesday, tweeting, "Seattle It's Been Awesome A Ride, Got Nothing Bad 2 Say About The Gr8 NW #12thMan StandUp!!! Like always... #LetsGetIt"

Leon Washington reportedly will be cut by Seahawks - NFL.com

Bills announced they released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

So, with the release of Fitzpatrick, the Bills have Tavaris Jackson as their starting QB. Thigpen is a UFA..

Dolphins announce the release of Karlos Dansby.

Dolphins announce the release of Karlos Dansby.

So they basically downgrade by trading Dansby for Ellerbe and paid a ***** load in order to do so. Ireland never stops amazing me.

Could Heyward-Bey come to New England?

I didn't watch him play much last year but I know he was a 7th overall pick a few years ago and is a 6'2 WR who ran a 4.3 at the combine

Poor Sanchez. Even with Fitzpatrick gone, he is still the fourth best starting QB in the division. Well that is until mid-September when he is no longer the starter.

Could Heyward-Bey come to New England?

I didn't watch him play much last year but I know he was a 7th overall pick a few years ago and is a 6'2 WR who ran a 4.3 at the combine

He's looked pretty good with Palmer. I was thinking he could be a cheap, low risk high reward type of signing when I heard they were thinking of releasing him.

He's never lived up to his draft pick status, but I think he has his best football ahead of him (if he gets a QB like Brady).

He'd be my #1 target value/talent wise and I think is exactly what the patriots need

Michael Huff is apparently going to be released, another DB hitting the market then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back