PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting claim: The Jets are more talented than the Patriots by a wide margin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light's better than Ferguson

I'd break down the O-line like this:

Light > Ferguson
Mankins > Slauson
Mangold > Koppen
Moore > Connolly/Wendell
Vollmer > Hunter
Vollmer is miles better than anyone on the Jets roster playing right tackle. Slauson maybe the worst offensive guard in the NFL.

Last edited:
The people who claim the Jets are more talented only look at when a player was drafted to determine "talent". "Oh Braylon Edwards was the 3rd overall pick he must be good." Ahhhh, no actually he sucks, he treats footballs like they have VD.

Not that clear cut. Light is good. Brick is good.

So, for the sake of finding some kind of consensus.....

Light = Ferguson
Mankins > Slauson
Mangold > Koppen
Moore > Connolly
Vollmer > Hunter

Anyone got a serious beef with this?

The defense is stacked talent wise, they're just young. You could make an argument for the offense though.

The people who claim the Jets are more talented only look at when a player was drafted to determine "talent". "Oh Braylon Edwards was the 3rd overall pick he must be good." Ahhhh, no actually he sucks, he treats footballs like they have VD.

Here is how I see it...What receiver are you comparing Braylon Edwards to?

He has just as much pure if not more talent as Welker, and more than Tate, more than Branch.

Do you think Welker would be this good without Tom Brady? Oh wait..we can answer that question: no. He was a nobody in Miami with nothing to show for aside from some special team success. Same thing with Branch. He flourishes alongside Tom Brady's skill. What did he do in Seattle? Not much.

Braylon caught 10 TD passes in 07 from Derek Anderson, who is a backup right now. He then came to the Jets and had another very good season. He was able to do well with different teams unlike Welker.

This is absurd on it's face. The Pats won more games. The youngest Defense in the NFL statistically dominated the supremely old and talented Jets down the stretch, giving up 56 fewer points in the last 6 weeks.

The Jets have had very few injuries. Jenkins, Woody, Leonhard.

The Pats have been decimated on the d-line and kept winning anyway and against better teams.

I will give them Revis. Ellis is a good player. Cromartie is a bad match-up against the Pats and almost single-handedly cost the Jets the game with his "coverage" of Garcon. Sure he had a return where the Colts 1st rd pick didn't even try.

None of their other defensive players strike me as much more than good. Some of them used to be great but right now they are good.

They have some good offensive players that may have talent but also make too many mistakes. Our OL on a whole is better and works better as a unit which is the most important thing. They don't have any glaring weaknesses, whereas Slauson got dominated by a mediocre Colts interior.

Hey, if Seattle can beat the Saints then anything can happen but the Jets are certainly not more talented than the Pats even taking Brady and BB out of the equation. I guess somebody at least is buying into Rex's garbage, the Jets fan-base.

He has just as much pure if not more talent as Welker, and more than Tate, more than Branch.

Do you think Welker would be this good without Tom Brady? Oh wait..we can answer that question: no. He was a nobody in Miami with nothing to show for aside from some special team success. Same thing with Branch. He flourishes alongside Tom Brady's skill. What did he do in Seattle? Not much.

Braylon caught 10 TD passes in 07 from Derek Anderson, who is a backup right now. He then came to the Jets and had another very good season. He was able to do well with different teams unlike Welker.

In 2006, Welker had 67 catches for 687 yds with only two starts with bust Joey Harrington and a washed up Dunte Culpepper throwing to him.

Welker is bad example for the argument you are trying to make.

Last edited:

Welker was trending significantly upwards before he ever got to New England:

2004: 0 catches, 2 teams
2005: 29 catches for 434 yards
2006: 67 catches for 687 yards

That 2006 season in Miami with 67 catches would be Edwards' 2nd highest reception output.

As for Edwards' TDs in '07, that's an outlier. He's not had more than 7 TDs in any other season.

Do a little bit of research before posting.

Last edited:
So, for the sake of finding some kind of consensus.....

Light = Ferguson
Mankins > Slauson
Mangold > Koppen
Moore > Connolly
Vollmer > Hunter

Anyone got a serious beef with this?
Light = Ferguson
Mankins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slauson
Mangold > Koppen
Moore > Connolly
Vollmer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunter

You get the BIG picture? ;)

In 2006, Welker had 67 catches for 687 yds with only two starts with bust Joey Harrington and a washed up Dunte Culpepper throwing to him.

Welker is bad example for the argument you are trying to make.
Besides, Chris Chambers and Marty Booker were the starting wide receivers for the Miami Dolphins in 2006.

Light = Ferguson
Mankins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slauson
Mangold > Koppen
Moore > Connolly
Vollmer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunter

You get the BIG picture? ;)

I would love to see Vince lining up right over Slauson. He might **** his pants.

The people who claim the Jets are more talented only look at when a player was drafted to determine "talent". "Oh Braylon Edwards was the 3rd overall pick he must be good."

Which reminds me...

One of the dumbest arguments I ever saw on a football forum (and that's saying something) was when some troll wrote, "If Brady's so good, how come he wasn't drafted until the 6th round?"

:bricks:

In essence, Tom Brady makes his receivers while the NY Jets receivers make Sanchez a stiff, as opposed to a complete stiff. That's your argument.

I just saw this post on a Jets board (it's the topic of another thread here) and thought it might spark some interest.

Not "no talent" but if you look at our roster and you look at NEs roster we are more talented by a wide margin. They just have a wide gap at the most important position. switch the QBs and the Jets would have gone undefeated. I don't think people realize how great Brady is.

I've read so many clueless posts on Jets boards. If he believes what he wrote than he's saying it's dirty Sanchez's fault they got shellacked by the Pats in Gillette. Where the offense put up 0 points and the defense allowed 45 points. And it was also solely dirty's fault that they were only able to put up 17 points against a very depleted Colts team? Yeah, they have tons of talent but, their below average QB is keeping them down. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:
Which reminds me...

One of the dumbest arguments I ever saw on a football forum (and that's saying something) was when some troll wrote, "If Brady's so good, how come he wasn't drafted until the 6th round?"

:bricks:

Hmmmm....so that means Ryan Leaf > Joe Montana :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back