"Idk but he sounds really good, let's give him another 2-3 years."
Colts Fan (probably)

Actual Colts Fan: "Wait that's not us, here's our record."
  • 1. No division wins (2nd, 2nd, 3rd)
  • 2. One losing season
  • 3. One playoff loss (24-27)
  • 4. 24-26-1 record (.480)
"Our HC didn't perform so we fired him."

Pats Fan: "Wait are we Team X? We've done as bad as the Colts? WTF. Something is wrong."

ReAl pAtS fAn: " You ungrateful pos, we could go 0-1000 and still be basking in glory. STFU and root for the team or find another team."

Point is, it's been one year after a 20 year run. Talk all you want, but you all look like ungrateful a holes for expecting more. Of course, don't think it's going unnoticed that it's mostly the Dolphin/Raider/Jet fans pushing the Kill Bill narrative. Like I said, bashing BB is akin to kicking Red out of town because he didn't win in 1978. Go find another team and save us the self loathing guilt trip.
How about you go find another team and quite telling people what to say on an open forum. And while you are at it, learn a bit of math. It's been more then 1 year since our "20 year run". 2 of the last 3 years have been losing seasons. It was 5 seasons ago we had our last playoff win.

I don't think a lot of people are giving Bill a free pass. It seems like most everyone says Bill ****ed it up, either by letting Patricia run it or by taking a direct hand in it himself. It's just that not everyone wants to go to the fansite of their team and air their grievances from the past season and beyond as much as some others do. Some people just want to move on to talking about fixing it.
Winner winner chicken dinner. It happened, no one has a time machine so no going back and changing anything.

*****ing incessantly about it does nothing, zero, zilch. Instead of whining about it. Understand that everyone including Bill knows he ****ed up. It's been acknowledged by everyone in the organization and they are moving forward and appear to be trying to fix what is broken.

I mean I used to have a connection with a mid-level Gillette Stadium employee in the family so I got to go to tons of the swanky parties the Patriots held for things like Hall of Fame Inductions and what not so I've met Bill among tons of other Pats players/coaches and like I'm not bragging like it was some special thing I talked to him for like 45 seconds in generic platitudes of being a big fan, looking forward to the season, etc etc etc but yeah of course I'm not going to boo some dude to his face.

That's what the internet is for.

By the way there are some alum at these things who would chat freely with guests so that was cool. Deion Branch was one. And no Brady isn't one, he might be there technically but people like me and you ain't talking to him over wherever he is in the Putnam lounge with the family/some other ex-players, and the get back people. You'll get shot even getting near him.

I'll assume your platitudinal exchange with BB occurred prior to Brady's exit, which is the REAL reason you didn't haul off and boo him to his face.

I've met a number of Patriots over the years as season ticket holder and during a stint covering the team for Patriots Football Weekly -- Robert and Jonathan, Bledsoe, Grogan, Tippett, Terry Glenn, Lin Dawson, etc. A few years ago I was among several STH folks ushered to the Pats sideline before a preseason game, where Brady walked up to greet us, "How ya doin' guys!" He was pretty genuine, I appreciated that.

I'll assume your platitudinal exchange with BB occurred prior to Brady's exit, which is the REAL reason you didn't haul off and boo him to his face.

I've met a number of Patriots over the years as season ticket holder and during a stint covering the team for Patriots Football Weekly -- Robert and Jonathan, Bledsoe, Grogan, Tippett, Terry Glenn, Lin Dawson, etc. A few years ago I was among several STH folks ushered to the Pats sideline before a preseason game, where Brady walked up to greet us, "How ya doin' guys!" He was pretty genuine, I appreciated that.

I mean I wanted him fired after Malcom Butler so you’d be wrong.

Belichick should only be under even more scrutiny for NEVER giving Stidham a chance that year. Just to SEE IT. They had nothing to lose!

Yep... 2020 should've been the Tear-Down year, especially when the quantity & quality of our Opt-Outs were considered...

We all knew that we weren't going to Really compete, even before the season started; so Job1 should've therefore been roster evaluation, especially of Stiddy & the rest of the draft picks from the 2018/19/20 classes, meaningless wins be dammed... Thuney, the best pick - by far - from the 2016-'17 classes, should've been locked-up after the season & POs he had in 2018, because that's what organizations with foresight do...

Perhaps one of the very worst "wins" we've seen here during the last 20 years was that walk-off one at Exit-16W in 2020, right before the trade deadline... Billy then became deluded into thinking - with what I'm sure were words of encouragement whispered to him by Little Nicky - that he could squeeze a few more wins out of this trash heap by sticking with the vets at the expense of the long-term prospects of the T-E-A-M while at the same time inch ever closer towards the Main Objective: his Quixotic quest of surpassing the Legendary Papa Bear and then the Hated Shula... Instead of sticking with the vets he should've Traded the vets, as many non-Offensive Linemen as he could unload for as many draft picks as he could grab...
But like the Thuney extension, that didn't happen either...

A close 2nd in the Most Useless Win category, also from 2020, was the Last game of that utterly forgettable season, also against - guess who - the Jete... Already Officially eliminated the week beforehand, there was quite literally Nothing to play for; yet out trots Cant Newton one final time for no good reason whatsoever... There Was a reason of course; it simply wasn't a good one... If Billy had only let go of his perverted obsession with that cursed organization, he would've stood first in line for Justin Fields; and for whatever Fields becomes, I believe it's a fairly safe bet that he'll have a more productive career than Corky ever will... That alone will make not giving Stiddy a longer look that year a Horribly short-signed decision.

Last edited:
He's earned the right to right the ship after a bad year, last year was not a bad year, he made the playoffs with a rookie QB, year before was a freaked up covid year, count it if you want but last year looked like he was on the right track. If after 20 years of success you don't feel the need to let him figure it out, well I don't know what to say.

I do: That was Then; This is Now.

27-30...that's Jeff Fisher sh!t right there...

Last edited:
The very fact that we have not resigned any of our first rounders since McCourty tells me we have been really missing the mark and bardy and scar making up for the whiffs. Now that they are not there it's plain vanilla to see.

I missed this gem of a RE-Write of history..

2011: Nate Solder - Re-signed
2012: Chandler Jones - Traded, Dont'a Hightower - Re-signed
2013: No first round pick
2014: Domique Easley - Traded
2015: Malcolm Brown - Was not re-signed
2016: No first round pick
2017: No first round pick
2018: Wynn - given 5th year ; Michel - traded

So, you're panties are in a wad over the fact that they didn't re-sign Easley and Malcolm Brown?

Why do you ignore that they didn't have 3 first round picks in that time frame?

I do: That was Then; This is Now.

27-30...that's Jeff Fisher sh!t right there...

Where the hell you getting 27-30? Let me guess. you're cherry picking your years. Including 2000, but not including 2006 or 2016.

If you include 2000, BB's 1st year and a team that he inherited that was in cap hell, then you're being completely disingenuous. Just like you're being disingenuous by excluding 2006 and 2016.

2000: 5-11 (1st year. Cap hell. Complete rebuild).
2006: 11-5
2016: 3-1 (Brady suspended 4 games).
2020: 7-9 (Cam Newton)
2021: 10-7
2022: 8-9

Total: 44- 42

If you don't include 2000: it's 39-31.

I mean I wanted him fired after Malcom Butler so you’d be wrong.

Beware of, and be aware of, what you don't know re. seemingly "obvious" events/situations. A perspective that's especially prudent in this case and observing NFL football in general.

Last 3 seasons of Team X:
  1. 1. No division wins (3rd, 2nd, 3rd)
  2. 2. Two losing seasons
  3. 3. One playoff blow-out (17-47)
  4. 4. 25-26 record (.490)
Who is the HC?

"Idk but he sounds really good, let's give him another 2-3 years."
Colts Fan (probably)

Actual Colts Fan: "Wait that's not us, here's our record."
  • 1. No division wins (2nd, 2nd, 3rd)
  • 2. One losing season
  • 3. One playoff loss (24-27)
  • 4. 24-26-1 record (.480)
"Our HC didn't perform so we fired him."

Pats Fan: "Wait are we Team X? We've done as bad as the Colts? WTF. Something is wrong."

ReAl pAtS fAn: " You ungrateful pos, we could go 0-1000 and still be basking in glory. STFU and root for the team or find another team."
If that colts team had one 6 superbowls prior to those 4 years with that coach they wouldn't be firing him. That is the reality. Bill is more protected due to is overall record regardless of who he won with i.e Brady. He has some credit in the bank although that credit is running low i think and if things don't improve markedly this year his seat will start getting hotter and more uncomfortable

I give credit to Bill for realizing he made a mistake and actually hiring an OC and conceding those decisions to him

But I think what has fans so upset was how unavoidable 2022 was. It's not like it was a season derailed by injuries or talent. It was derailed by POOR coaching and decision making from "GM Belichick"

I mean he literally could've hired ANYONE who called offensive plays before and this is a playoff team. Any other coach makes a DC their OC and this is the result they are fired. I mean the media and fans were screaming how odd this was back March. The season was conceded before it even started. This is stuff if any other team did it we laugh at them.

People are shrugging it off like wasting a year of a QB on their rookie contract is no big deal. Teams lose OC all the time. They don't hire former DC and special teams coaches and tell them to learn on the fly. I could've guessed the results.

Imagine if the Jets did this. We would be laughing at them in a 100 page thread. Since it's Bill we shrug it off.

Bill the coach is still great. But Bill the GM has left much to be desired.

Agholor was paid $11m/year - in line for a #2 WR at that time (and a low one now). He didn't "fleece" anyone
He _was_ overpaid at the time. But he is good at loafing and not fighting for balls that end up being intercepted.

He has had one decent season the year with the Raiders. He was a first-round disappointment with the Eagles. Now he’s a free agent disappointment with the Patriots.

I don’t think Belichick relates to these Gen Z athletes and it is only going to get worse the further away we get from Super Bowl wins.
And with Matthew Slater and Devin McCourty likely not around to provide direction to these younger guys it may get worse.

At least BoB is coming from the college ranks. He may actually know the names of the rappers the youngsters are listening to.

He's earned the right to right the ship after a bad year, last year was not a bad year, he made the playoffs with a rookie QB, year before was a freaked up covid year, count it if you want but last year looked like he was on the right track. If after 20 years of success you don't feel the need to let him figure it out, well I don't know what to say.
He gets a mulligan for 2022 because he knew (and was told) he f-ed up the offense. I’d certainly give him that. He learned from his drafting mistakes with better drafts the last 2-3 years and he has already corrected this mistake.

Look around the league. The great Sean McVay didn’t sniff the playoffs. The AFC and NFC championship games were not exactly well coached (or officiated). The great Kyle Shanahan gifted an SB to the Pats as the ATL OC. We all thought McDermott was a joke until Beane got him a bevy of good players. BB at 71 isn’t worse than these guys or any other HC.

Bill eff'd up royally.
Do you agree with some of us that if his name were Frank Reich or almost any other that he would be fired for his malfeasance this past season?

Not sure what malfeasance means but he was bad. I wish I could ask him WTH were you thinking naming MP OC and OL coach? One of those alone was a moonshot. But both was something like a sick joke perpetrated on the franchise.

I was going to say just on the offensive side of the ball, but then I remember what a disaster the special teams has become even with the most exciting rookie punt returner since Pac-Man Jones.

It’s clear BB hires coaches like he drafts. He only wants to work with an extremely small sample size. He hires sycophants and goes over the heads of the scouts to draft guys who shine in interviews.

Belichick should only be under even more scrutiny for NEVER giving Stidham a chance that year. Just to SEE IT. They had nothing to lose!
Cam was Belichicj’s guy that season. He was impressed how he was the first one in the facility every day in his flamboyant clothing.

Later we learn that Cam admits to not fully learning the playbook. And we all saw his arm strength become sub-NFL quality the second half of 2020.

So not giving Stidham a chance when it beckoned and creating a chaotic offensive scheme in 2022 and not bringing in competent coaches after MCDaniel pilfered the organization are all painting a picture. Belichick is a great DC. He is a mixed bag at best as a GM. His role on the offensive side was shaky last season. I can’t help but think BB is on a short leash.

He has only one playoff win without Brady.

Another screwed up year and it’ll be obvious to the Krafts that Belichick has got to go.

At this point the 71-year-old is a mere placeholder for Jerod Mayo, the next head coach of the Patriots.

And some wiseacre will make the analogy of Bill Fitch and KC Jones.

I give credit to Bill for realizing he made a mistake and actually hiring an OC and conceding those decisions to him

But I think what has fans so upset was how unavoidable 2022 was. It's not like it was a season derailed by injuries or talent. It was derailed by POOR coaching and decision making from "GM Belichick"

I mean he literally could've hired ANYONE who called offensive plays before and this is a playoff team. Any other coach makes a DC their OC and this is the result they are fired. I mean the media and fans were screaming how odd this was back March. The season was conceded before it even started. This is stuff if any other team did it we laugh at them.

People are shrugging it off like wasting a year of a QB on their rookie contract is no big deal. Teams lose OC all the time. They don't hire former DC and special teams coaches and tell them to learn on the fly. I could've guessed the results.

Imagine if the Jets did this. We would be laughing at them in a 100 page thread. Since it's Bill we shrug it off.

Bill the coach is still great. But Bill the GM has left much to be desired.
No one's saying it isn't a big deal and I think I speak for the majority when I say we're not ok with it. We've been discussing it all year, it's time to look into the future. I make mistakes in life; I ponder over those mistakes, so I don't make them again but then I put them in the rear-view mirror and move forward with what I have learned.

I missed this gem of a RE-Write of history..

2011: Nate Solder - Re-signed
2012: Chandler Jones - Traded, Dont'a Hightower - Re-signed
2013: No first round pick
2014: Domique Easley - Traded
2015: Malcolm Brown - Was not re-signed
2016: No first round pick
2017: No first round pick
2018: Wynn - given 5th year ; Michel - traded

So, you're panties are in a wad over the fact that they didn't re-sign Easley and Malcolm Brown?

Why do you ignore that they didn't have 3 first round picks in that time frame?
You conveniently ignored harry and the lack of 3 first rounders is not accurate . One of it was for Brandon cooks and came back as Wynn.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back