PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Initial 53 Man Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been gone the last 5 days and just caught up on everything since Thursday.

Shocked about Hoyer release, hope Brady stays healthy especially during the first part of the season. He really needs to work on his ball security. The game will eventually slow down for him and I am confident that BB/McD & co. will drill into him to finish his progressions before bailing. He could easily be competent on a JG level if he puts it all together and also absorbs as much as he can this year.

Assumed Hoyer and DT would just be the typical releases to smuggle someone onto IR/PS but with Rivers/Andrews ending up on season ending IR and Hoyer taking visits to Indianapolis I am not sure that is in the cards.

With DT it seems more likely that there could be a reunion pretty soon. From the grapevine it certainly sounds that way which makes me think that my speculation about Harry ending up on IR could be on the table. Yes, not an ideal start for your first round WR but I'd rather have him heal that hamstring fully than have him reaggravate it and deal with it through the entire year.

Not surprised they moved on from Dawson. He was always behind and could never make up a single step. Hitting on so many late rounders and UDFA makes it possible (and necessary) to move on from players that develop slower. That being said I would not be surprised if a fresh start could help him have a good career (think Darius Butler with the Colts).

Happy they found a spot for Gunner.

It's not over yet.

Roberts' status is tenuous still.

Lets wait until Opening Night until I collect my mythical dollar :p

You should collect any type of dollars you can as you owe me free drinks at Wachusett Country Club. :D

You should collect any type of dollars you can as you owe me free drinks at Wachusett Country Club. :D
I owe you? What bet did I lose? I don't remember.

Have to think Harry is going on IR with a return designation to get Thomas back.

Also wouldn’t be surprised with the reported interest in McCoy that Harris might be headed to IR as well.

I should probably know this, but what was D. Harris' injury? I don't remember exactly

I should probably know this, but what was D. Harris' injury? I don't remember exactly
Not sure. lt was undisclosed. He limped off vs CAR but was back at practice yesterday. Whatever it was is minor in nature.

Not sure. lt was undisclosed. He limped off vs CAR but was back at practice yesterday. Whatever it was is minor in nature.

Think it’s a quad / hammy

Dorsett not on the Final 53.
Ah yes.

Ashley owes me the mythical $1 for Roberts but I told her to wait. I think Bill is not done fiddling with the roster

Some players improve over their careers and some don't. Roberts has improved in coverage and identifying the right hole to shoot. I wish people would be open to getting past that 1st / 2nd year where players have struggled and be willing to see they have improved since then. Nobody wanted Roberts gone more then me...him and Richards were continually ruining my day. Roberts is a better player now....Richards is not.

Some players improve over their careers and some don't. Roberts has improved in coverage and identifying the right hole to shoot. I wish people would be open to getting past that 1st / 2nd year where players have struggled and be willing to see they have improved since then. Nobody wanted Roberts gone more then me...him and Richards were continually ruining my day. Roberts is a better player now....Richards is not.

Well said.

Captain, are you out there? What say you about Joejuan now, after the preseason.

Lookin’ prettyyyy prettyyyy good to me.
Then he's already shown more than the multitude of Bill's 2nd-round predicted Busts...combined.

As for the rest of the current roster:

I would've kept Hoyer (mostly to force the Indy Clots to cough up a draft pick for him) and rid myself of the less-than-useless Matty LaCost;

I would've kept the little Duke (but Not of Dorchester) Dawson and rid myself of Nate Ebner;

and I would've found a way to trade Elandon Roberts to the Detroit Loins.

Read something the other day about how the Pats have the oldest roster, but if you exclude Brady they have the 7th youngest..

What would you prefer???

Read something the other day about how the Pats have the oldest roster, but if you exclude Brady they have the 7th youngest..

What would you prefer???
I guess it doesn't matter to me as winning, talent and cap flexibility are things teams need every year regardless of age

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes