RELEASED BUT LIKELY TO RETURN
WR Demaryius Thomas

SEASON-ENDING INJURED RESERVE
C David Andrews
OL Hjalte Froholdt
S Malik Gant
OLB Derek Rivers

First Look At Patriots’ Initial 53-Man Roster Includes Seven Receivers

It will be interesting to count the transactions over the next 14 days.

Derek Rivers is a lost cause. Goes on IR again. He can’t return this year because he’s placed on IR before September 1st.

Derek Rivers is a lost cause. Goes on IR again. He can’t return this year because he’s placed on IR before September 1st.
I expect that he will get an injury settlement.

My guess is Calhoun would be the player that goes on IR with the possibility of return, and then Thomas resigns to be added to the 53. Then it gets interesting after week 1 (Lance Kendricks 1 game suspension) and after week 4 (Watson 4 game suspension). I have a feeling Kendricks will be cut, but have no idea who gets cut when Watson comes back.

Have to think Harry is going on IR with a return designation to get Thomas back.

Also wouldn’t be surprised with the reported interest in McCoy that Harris might be headed to IR as well.

My guess is Calhoun would be the player that goes on IR with the possibility of return, and then Thomas resigns to be added to the 53. Then it gets interesting after week 1 (Lance Kendricks 1 game suspension) and after week 4 (Watson 4 game suspension). I have a feeling Kendricks will be cut, but have no idea who gets cut when Watson comes back.
My guess is the spots will sort themselves out. Last year we had at least 3 players sent to IR in the first couple of weeks

Anyone have our current list of 2020 draft picks to go along with the roster? :)

Have to think Harry is going on IR with a return designation to get Thomas back.

Also wouldn’t be surprised with the reported interest in McCoy that Harris might be headed to IR as well.

I would be shocked if just 1 of those scenarios happens.

Didn’t Harry dress for the Giant’s game ? I don’t think he goes on IR with return designation. That would be a huge blow.

Harris I agree with, IF they actually sign McCoy (which would blow my mind).

Where did you see interest in McCoy?

Didn’t Harry dress for the Giant’s game ? I don’t think he goes on IR with return designation. That would be a huge blow.

There is no return designation anymore

If you go to IR after the final 53 roster is set, you can come off after 8 weeks

Reports were he was moving very gingerly during warm ups at practice last week.

He did dress though but didn’t play when Gordon, Thomas and Edelman did.

Harris got injured in the panther game. Looked like a concussion as he got blown up? I don't see them IRing Harris unless there is something majorly wrong. Why stunt the growth of a young player for a 31 yr old rb.

So?

Harry can be inactive until he is ready to contribute (probably along with another WR; we only need 4 active WR's). As a rookie, Harry will lose a lot if he isn't allowed to practice while he is on IR.

Reports were he was moving very gingerly during warm ups at practice last week.

He did dress though but didn’t play when Gordon, Thomas and Edelman did.

In 2017 the NFL changed the "IR-with-return-designation" rule. Teams no longer have to make a decision at the beginning of injury rehab on who will get the designation at the time they are placed on IR. Now teams can bring back any two players they've placed on IR, after the eight week minimum to be on the list has been met.

Harris got injured in the panther game. Looked like a concussion as he got blown up? I don't see them IRing Harris unless there is something majorly wrong. Why stunt the growth of a young player for a 31 yr old rb.

Their not carrying 8 WR on the roster when that spot can be best utilized on the D-line.

If their is interest in McCoy and that’s a big IF then maybe Harris is more injured than originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes