PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 2022 could we hear serious rumblings that Kraft is contemplating firing BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I aint saying that it will happen, but if this season plays out like I believe that it will Bobbys blood pressure will be rising.

Lets face the music? Some crazy things have already happened. Patricia is now the OC. Stevie Belichick is basically free to run amok. The Pats best CB is gone and the run defense was already an issue.

Moreover, Edelman is joining his BFF in Tampa. JE will approach the Pats about returning, but BB has moved on with a core 5 of Thornton, Parker, Bourne, Agahlor and Meyers. Harry is the only spot open, but the Pats always seem to keep a young low cost prospect WR like Wilkerson. There is simply no room. JE is not the future and why would you sink money in a player who would take limited snaps at best? JE does not move the needle in my eyes.

So, you have Brady, Gronk and Edelman. 3 former Pats players who BB let go and have all reunited playing together in Tampa, Florida. I see Tampa making the playoffs and give them a better than favorable shot at representing the NFC in the Superbowl. The NFC is very weak and very few teams stand in Tampas way. Buffalo is my AFC representative. If the Bills do not go back to the Superbowl this season they never will. Bobbys team didnt make it and as you can imagine he is none too happy about that alone, then add insult to injury Brady, Gronk and Edelman are there.

Now I believe that this is where the story takes a curve. The Bills win the Superbowl. All the talk for weeks will be about Brady the GOAT and # 8. He owns the Bills. The Bills will be receiving little to no respeck. We saw what an NFL team from the AFCE did in 2001 that nobody respected. Every dog has his day and curses do not last forever.
Well, holy ****. Spoiler alert bro! Onto 2023 I guess.

I think they get along well, like always.

They're both getting along in years now.

I would think they'd focus on passing Foola.

But I'm not pretending Kraft knows anything about football.

yeah-right-bill-belichick.gif

Insane how the season hasn't even started and we're wondering if BB will be fired for a bad season...which, again, hasn't even started.
Just like 2001….

The OP was on record as stating that Brady is done winning Super Bowls in Tampa. Now not only does Brady have a great shot at getting to the SB, it’s going to directly lead to Belichick getting fired…

We, as Patriots fans, definitely have an interesting group of individuals.

Stranger things have happened in the history of professional sports.

However :

After contending for two straight decades, BB and NE needed to reload once a once-in-a-lifetime QB moved on to a win-now Tampa squad. BB went 7-9 with a guy who can’t throw and admitted to not being able to grasp the playbook and then 10-7 with a rookie QB, making the playoffs.

The likelihood Kraft would move on is very low iMO. I hope he sticks to the plan and we get to see if BB turns things around before deciding to hang ‘em up.

Hypothetically speaking, what HC candidate would be worthy of taking over the NE Patriots?

As much as I don't care for Bill's schtick, there's nobody else in the league I could say they should go with.

I'd have to see multiple losing seasons before asking for the plug to get pulled.

Hypothetically speaking, what HC candidate would be worthy of taking over the NE Patriots?

As much as I don't care for Bill's schtick, there's nobody else in the league I could say they should go with.

I'd have to see multiple losing seasons before asking for the plug to get pulled.
Out of curiosity - no judgement - what is it you don’t like about BB’s schtick ? I’ve been wondering for some time why people all don’t respond well to his ways.

For instance : football is entertainment. It’s there to give us a small reprieve from “real life” and I find BB is supremely interesting / entertaining. He wins, he brings home championships, he changes rosters without the hang ups of feelings - leading to better results, he is much more original at the podium than the more popular Payton or McVay or Tomlin. Would fans be more entertained by losing and / or useless quips ?

To do that Kraft would have to have a replacement in mind that he feel‘s is better than BB.
Kraft is a money man. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is not his forte

What if I'm taking a dump and there's a snake hiding in the toilet? Will I die?
Thread of the year so far? Wow these are awesome lately! You're going to have a plethora of superb options for "thread of year" during your awards ceremony.

Jules, Gronk & Brady for the F of it and suggesting Bill gets fired after like 2-3 losing seasons in 20 + years is overachieving. Even for the slowest tallest midgets here.

On a serious note I'm guessing everyone is taking the bite to the ballon knot > the sack. Poor hangers are low hanging fruit for those reptiles.

Good thread for tequila and tacos.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Ian

While I do not condone the firing of bb, I see two candidates in the college rank that could be really good in New England.

First is Napier. He is excellent at accentuating a team’s strength’s and minimizing it’s weaknesses.

Second is fleck at Minnesota. He likes big powerful teams so it might take him a bit longer to put together the pieces in New England.

The one thing no one talks about is Bill’s contract. He is reportedly making well over $20m per year.

I think if we regress Bill could be in trouble. If Kraft see’s a mediocre team and doesn’t think we will be SB contenders in the next 3 seasons why would he want to pay Bill in the $70m range when he can pay someone else $15m for the following 3 seasons?

If we make the playoffs I think Bill is safe, but if we regress it could get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots