PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm the Pats GM 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings GG,

If I followed things correctly, you now have two third round picks, and will turn over rounds 5-7 to someone else...

You have already drafted:
#20 Darryl Revis CB
#51 Lamarr Woodley OLB

Well done to date. You were looking for a 3-4 DE with Alama-Francis before those rascal 49rs went there?

I've probably missed some, but here are a few players I like that you can consider at your leisure before you return to being a wild Packer fan! :rocker:

i'm very sorry not to answer you earlier, but i moved to a new apartment without internet access due to problems with my cable provider. i have internet at my work, but i'm not paid for doing draft discussions with box_o_rocks, so i can only write here, if i'm at my parents house.

that' s also one reason, why after my 2 3rd the mock draft is finished for me. but i think you're the man to pick rounds 5 to 7, b_o_r :rocker: :D

hell, i was angry the niners stole me alama-francis. i thought he was the best prospect, at least the best talent available. it would have been a great fit for the patriots defense. but i can't change how things went.

after alama-francis, i was surprised that michael bush was picked by the steelers as the 4th running back in this draft. it wouldn't surprise me at all, if bush waits until sunday to get his team. the packers picked kenny irons straight afterwards. andy today noon it' was time to select the next patriot ....

With the 81st Pick of the 2007 NFL-Talk.net Mock Draft the New England Patriots select the former Beaver

Sabby Piscitelli, Safety, Oregon State University

perhaps a bit of a reach, but the second player i thought about would have been, too. but all in all he' s good safety with great speed, a formidable range and is proven in deep zone coverage as well as in run support. with his great work ethic i think he fits well in the patriots team.

p.s.: despite being a wild packerfan i'll watch the patriots season, too. i like the team, too and i have to find some needs for next years nfl-talk.net mock draft :D

Well Done!!!! You've taken solid players at good value all the way through - not bad for a guy in a new apartment with no internet! Don't worry about who picks rounds 5-7, just share with us who they like. If you wanted to do the whole draft next year call us a little earlier and ask for shopping lists to look over.

To date:
CB Darryl Revis
OLB Lamarr Woodley
S Sabby Piscitelli

Revis was probably a bit of a steal at 24, but the others are very good value at about the right spot. Or so I like to think. :D

Any thoughts on what positions you most need to look at for the last 3rd? And don't worry about not getting back to me, I'm retired and can learn some patience now. ;)

i'm very sorry not to answer you earlier, but i moved to a new apartment without internet access due to problems with my cable provider. i have internet at my work, but i'm not paid for doing draft discussions with box_o_rocks, so i can only write here, if i'm at my parents house.

that' s also one reason, why after my 2 3rd the mock draft is finished for me. but i think you're the man to pick rounds 5 to 7, b_o_r

hell, i was angry the niners stole me alama-francis. i thought he was the best prospect, at least the best talent available. it would have been a great fit for the patriots defense. but i can't change how things went.

after alama-francis, i was surprised that michael bush was picked by the steelers as the 4th running back in this draft. it wouldn't surprise me at all, if bush waits until sunday to get his team. the packers picked kenny irons straight afterwards. andy today noon it' was time to select the next patriot ....

With the 81st Pick of the 2007 NFL-Talk.net Mock Draft the New England Patriots select the former Beaver

Sabby Piscitelli, Safety, Oregon State University

perhaps a bit of a reach, but the second player i thought about would have been, too. but all in all he' s good safety with great speed, a formidable range and is proven in deep zone coverage as well as in run support. with his great work ethic i think he fits well in the patriots team.

p.s.: despite being a wild packerfan i'll watch the patriots season, too. i like the team, too and i have to find some needs for next years nfl-talk.net mock draft :D

.......i have internet at my work, but i'm not paid for doing draft discussions with box_o_rocks......

Outrageous! It was one of my contract demands 2 years ago.......

being back to my parents house, i'm able to give you an update.

Well Done!!!! You've taken solid players at good value all the way through - not bad for a guy in a new apartment with no internet! Don't worry about who picks rounds 5-7, just share with us who they like. If you wanted to do the whole draft next year call us a little earlier and ask for shopping lists to look over.

To date:
CB Darryl Revis
OLB Lamarr Woodley
S Sabby Piscitelli

Revis was probably a bit of a steal at 24, but the others are very good value at about the right spot. Or so I like to think. :D

Any thoughts on what positions you most need to look at for the last 3rd? And don't worry about not getting back to me, I'm retired and can learn some patience now. ;)

revis was not really a steal at #24, because i traded up to #20 :) but there he was best player available and i by-passed the lack of talent at safety and linebacker at the end of the 1st round.

with my last pick (#91) i selected my first offensive help this year. my choice was lorenzo booker, running back out of florida state. i think he has great speed and excellent hands to be a real weapon out of the backfield.

that made for gilberts 2007 patriots mock draft:

The 2007 New England Patriots NFL-Talk.net Mock Draft:

#20: Darrelle Revis, Cornerback, University of Pittsburgh
#51: LaMarr Woodley, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, University of Michigan
#81: Sabby Piscitelli, Safety, Oregon State University
#91: Lorenzo Booker, Runningback, Florida State University

i'm pretty happy with that draft. i got one of the top 2 cornerbacks, an outstanding pass rushing work horse, a safety, who has good skills in both run support and coverage and a talented back, no dillon replacement, though.

i'll keep you informed, which players my substition picks :)

Last edited:
being back to my parents house, i'm able to give you an update.

revis was not really a steal at #24, because i traded up to #20 :) but there he was best player available and i by-passed the lack of talent at safety and linebacker at the end of the 1st round.

with my last pick (#91) i selected my first offensive help this year. my choice was lorenzo booker, running back out of florida state. i think he has great speed and excellent hands to be a real weapon out of the backfield.

that made for gilberts 2007 patriots mock draft:

The 2007 New England Patriots NFL-Talk.net Mock Draft:

#20: Darrelle Revis, Cornerback, University of Pittsburgh
#51: LaMarr Woodley, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, University of Michigan
#81: Sabby Piscitelli, Safety, Oregon State University
#91: Lorenzo Booker, Runningback, Florida State University

i'm pretty happy with that draft. i got one of the top 2 cornerbacks, an outstanding pass rushing work horse, a safety, who has good skills in both run support and coverage and a talented back, no dillon replacement, though.

i'll keep you informed, which players my substition picks :)
Thanks GG! Booker will be an interesting tool in BB's arsenal. I hope your buddies get us another ILB and SS in the late rounds.

Thanks GG! Booker will be an interesting tool in BB's arsenal. I hope your buddies get us another ILB and SS in the late rounds.

unfortunately my substitute (a niners fan) added only a saferty ;)

171) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Kevin Payne, S, Louisiana-Monroe
180) PATRIOTS (from CARDINALS) - Jacob Bender, OT, Nicholls State
202) PATRIOTS - Trey Lewis, DT, Washburn
208) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Jeff Rowe, QB, Nevada
209) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
247) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Carl Berman, WR, Indiana State

i'm not to familiar with these selections without internet access, so b_o_r has to evaluate them.

i wish you all a great draft day (for me draft night) and excellent selections by bb/sp. the beer is cold, enough food here and to bring me in the right mood the fiesta bowl 2007 is on tv :rocker: unfortunately nasn only broadcasts the first 5 hours. have fun guys and wish me all the best, that ted thompson don't select marshawn lynch. ;)

Ich wuensche Dir vielen Glueck mit deiner "pick" (Wahl?) eines Running backs, der Marshawn Lynch nicht heisst! :D. Who do you want for the Pack?

unfortunately my substitute (a niners fan) added only a saferty ;)

171) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Kevin Payne, S, Louisiana-Monroe
180) PATRIOTS (from CARDINALS) - Jacob Bender, OT, Nicholls State
202) PATRIOTS - Trey Lewis, DT, Washburn
208) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Jeff Rowe, QB, Nevada
209) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
247) PATRIOTS (Compensatory Selection) - Carl Berman, WR, Indiana State

i'm not to familiar with these selections without internet access, so b_o_r has to evaluate them.

i wish you all a great draft day (for me draft night) and excellent selections by bb/sp. the beer is cold, enough food here and to bring me in the right mood the fiesta bowl 2007 is on tv :rocker: unfortunately nasn only broadcasts the first 5 hours. have fun guys and wish me all the best, that ted thompson don't select marshawn lynch. ;)
Kevin Payne is an excellent choice as is Jacob Bender and Jeff Rowe. Chase Johnson is overdrafted, but servicable and could do well on the Practice Squad. Carl Berman is also overdrafted, but a good sleeper prospect. Trey Lewis is an interesting choice, he'd have been there as a UDFA, but it was a nice try. Overall, a nice second day, since there was a kick-butt first day, it's been a good draft! Good luck in Green Bay and with the new digs, y'all come back now y'here! :rocker: (Stop by and tell us about the Green Bay draft, they got two of my favorites last year.)

Ich wuensche Dir vielen Glueck mit deiner "pick" (Wahl?) eines Running backs, der Marshawn Lynch nicht heisst! :D. Who do you want for the Pack?

i would have a nice draft day if things running like this:

1st downtrade to aquire another 3rd, take michael griffin with a later 1st, grab antonio pittman with the second, josh wilson with the first 3rd and ben patrick with the second. my first action tommorow would be to send the 4th to oakland for randy moss :) heck, i would be really glad with things coming like this :)

@b_o_r

glad my substitute did a good job, too

Last edited:
i would have a nice draft day if things running like this:

1st downtrade to aquire another 3rd, take michael griffin with a later 1st, grab antonio pittman with the second, josh wilson with the first 3rd and ben patrick with the second. my first action tommorow would be to send the 4th to oakland for randy moss :) heck, i would be really glad with things coming like this :)

@b_o_r

glad my substitute did a good job, too
I'll bet you'd have fun staying up all night to see those thirds go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes