24) GIANTS (from SEAHAWKS via PATRIOTS) – Lawrence Timmons, LB, FSU
25) JETS – Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
26) EAGLES – Jon Beason, LB, Miami
27) RAIDERS (from SAINTS via CHIEFS) - Marshawn Lynch, RB, California
28) GIANTS (from PATRIOTS) – Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
29) RAVENS – Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

Here is the actual Mock still in progress:
http://www.nfl-talk.net/vbb/vbb/showthread.php?t=14483

Revis is no slouch, and I will be thrilled to have him, but Timmons would be my man in that position. If I were Pats GM, I'd do what I can to get Timmons and Merriweather.

Though picking up a 2nd and an extra 3rd would be solid.

sebman posted the thread were all picks were made (thank you for that), but if you wish, i'll give you an update from time to time.

very good german without any mistake and exactly that, what you wanted to say. great effort :) american football is our greatest hobby, so it isn't a problem to read all that stuff in english. a nice side effect is, that we can improve our english. not to bad while working for an american company :p

i think run on corners is like every year. it' s hard to find a shutdown corner so teams reach for a potential one often. this years cornerback-class is not the best one, in other years the first cornerback is off board much earlier than #18.

the bowe pick for the packers ... i can't blame magic (the packers-gm) on that. the position is not the one i would have adressed, but if wr, i was glad he picked bowe (imo the #2 wr of this class after calvin johnson). i would have hated a potential ted ginn pick, because it's awful to see brett throwing in triple coverage because he mind see ted ginn open. i would have prefered a downtrade and then safety michael griffin. the packers need an upgrade over marquand manuel for sure. with woodsen and harris aging, i wouldn't have have minded a cornerback either, as long as it's not chris houston. since ahmad "highway 28" carroll i don't like grabbing up corners from arkansas.

i couldn't blame the packers gm for either player, he has proven, that he has a nose for good players in 2006, when he had a pretty darn good draft:

rd 1 (#5) de mario williams
rd 2 (#36) lb demeco ryans
rd 3 (#67) s danieal manning
rd 4 (#104) te tony scheffler
rd 5 (#139) rb leon washington
rd 6 (#165) g chris kuper
rd 7 (#237) wr marques colston

pretty solid, isn't it? :eek: :D

Well anyone who took Colston is going to look like a genius. But I like the Demeco Ryans and Leon Washington picks. Mario Williams... the jury is still out on that kid but he's no Reggie Bush.

Ok, here the promised update on the picks. i like the bears pick, but don´t like the chargers and lions pick at this point. meriweather has too many character issues for a first round pick and the lions could have traded down at least 10 spots to grab stanton.

4 days to go until the next pats pick :)

23) SAINTS (from CHIEFS) – Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
30) COLTS (from CHARGERS) – Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
31) BEARS – Greg Olson, TE, Miami
32) CHARGERS (from COLTS) – Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami

2nd Round

33) CHIEFS (from RAIDERS) – Ryan Kalil, C, USC
34) LIONS – Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
35) BUCS – Donatello, 01.04., 16-20 Uhr
36) BROWNS – Jo Brauner, 01.04., 20-8 Uhr
37) BEARS (from REDSKINS via JETS) – dabears4ever, 02.04., 8-12 Uhr
38) CARDINALS – Zab, 02.04., 12-16 Uhr
39) FALCONS (from TEXANS) – Crumpler, 02.04., 16-20 Uhr
40) DOLPHINS - Wendigo/ Shaquille, 02.04., 20-8 Uhr
41) VIKINGS – Moss is Boss, 03.04., 8-12 Uhr
42) 49ERS – Plummer/ Frontmode/ Garrison, 03.04., 12-16 Uhr
43) BILLS – Benrath Bills, 03.04., 16-20 Uhr
44) FALCONS – Crumpler, 03.04., 20-8 Uhr
45) VIKINGS (from PANTHERS) – Moss is Boss, 04.04., 8-12 Uhr
46) STEELERS – Dante LeRoi, 04.04., 12-16 Uhr
47) PACKERS – Magic, 04.04., 16-20 Uhr
48) JAGUARS – Vicks Wife, 04.04., 20-8 Uhr
49) BENGALS – B-Dawk, 05.04., 8-12 Uhr
50) TITANS – Kiddster, 05.04., 12-16 Uhr
51) PATRIOTS (from GIANTS) – Gilbert, 05.04., 16-20 Uhr

The Chargers are losing some of their criminal class, maybe your Charger GM thinks Merriweather has the tool set to fill that void?

Ok, here the promised update on the picks. i like the bears pick, but don´t like the chargers and lions pick at this point. meriweather has too many character issues for a first round pick and the lions could have traded down at least 10 spots to grab stanton.

4 days to go until the next pats pick :)

23) SAINTS (from CHIEFS) – Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
30) COLTS (from CHARGERS) – Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
31) BEARS – Greg Olson, TE, Miami
32) CHARGERS (from COLTS) – Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami

2nd Round

35) BUCS – Donatello, 01.04., 16-20 Uhr
36) BROWNS – Jo Brauner, 01.04., 20-8 Uhr
37) BEARS (from REDSKINS via JETS) – dabears4ever, 02.04., 8-12 Uhr
38) CARDINALS – Zab, 02.04., 12-16 Uhr
39) FALCONS (from TEXANS) – Crumpler, 02.04., 16-20 Uhr
40) DOLPHINS - Wendigo/ Shaquille, 02.04., 20-8 Uhr
41) VIKINGS – Moss is Boss, 03.04., 8-12 Uhr
42) 49ERS – Plummer/ Frontmode/ Garrison, 03.04., 12-16 Uhr
43) BILLS – Benrath Bills, 03.04., 16-20 Uhr
44) FALCONS – Crumpler, 03.04., 20-8 Uhr
45) VIKINGS (from PANTHERS) – Moss is Boss, 04.04., 8-12 Uhr
46) STEELERS – Dante LeRoi, 04.04., 12-16 Uhr
47) PACKERS – Magic, 04.04., 16-20 Uhr
48) JAGUARS – Vicks Wife, 04.04., 20-8 Uhr
49) BENGALS – B-Dawk, 05.04., 8-12 Uhr
50) TITANS – Kiddster, 05.04., 12-16 Uhr
51) PATRIOTS (from GIANTS) – Gilbert, 05.04., 16-20 Uhr

damn bad last two days :bricks: one player after the other i considered at #51 went off board.

35) 49ERS (from BUCS) – Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
36) BEARS (from BROWNS) – Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
37) BROWNS (from BROWNS, over REDSKINS over JETS) – Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
38) CARDINALS – Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee
39) FALCONS (from TEXANS) – Eric Weddle, S, Utah
40) COWBOYS (from DOLPHINS) - Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
41) VIKINGS – Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers

i would had loved weddle falling to #51, but it was clear the falcons take him after leaving landry on board in the first. perhaps i would have traded up to #43, if they missed him with their first second round pick (stupid if-clauses, i never got it at school what time form to take and i think i'll never get it ;) that's why my teacher graded me D my whole life). i also considered spencer (as olb) and leonard as bpa at this point. now my draft board is emty, not a single player on it that wouldn't be a reach at this point. i hope i can negotiate a trade to get back the lost 4th round pick at least.

damn bad last two days :bricks: one player after the other i considered at #51 went off board.

37) BROWNS (from BROWNS, over REDSKINS over JETS) – Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

i would had loved weddle falling to #51, but it was clear the falcons take him after leaving landry on board in the first. perhaps i would have traded up to #43, if they missed him with their first second round pick (stupid if-clauses, i never got it at school what time form to take and i think i'll never get it ;) that's why my teacher graded me D my whole life). i also considered spencer (as olb) and leonard as bpa at this point. now my draft board is emty, not a single player on it that wouldn't be a reach at this point. i hope i can negotiate a trade to get back the lost 4th round pick at least.

Cousin,
Ah..... Negotiation time. Randy Cross says the Raiders need a QB and says Matt Cassel should be their man. O.K. Randy. How's this? Cassel and O'Callahan and Hill (they need OL and DL help) and our #28, for the Raiders #1 and S Michael Huff (with a year experience. He was a little lost but so were the Radiders) and a third rounder.
We take the #1 and go up to maybe 7 where Vikes can pick up Quinn or Russell. Pick up the Vikes #1 in 2008, or a second and fourth this year. Draft a CB at #24 (Revis or Ross) Take the #7 and pick up Willis, and another decent safety in round two or perhaps Lynch falls to the early second round.
Replace O'Callahan with maybe a Marshall Yanda in the third.
Why? We lose Cassel next year anyway. Big values for a backup QB these days (Shaub?) I am sure we can replace Cassel by a mid round choice (Palmer? or Zabranski?) or a guy with a little experience like even... gulp......Harrington (Bledsoe?). Anyway, we want the #2 QB to NOT play!
We've solved ILB, CB and Safety plus gain some picks.
I think O'Callahan will be a player (CA guy too along with Cassel) and Cassel is at least as good as some of the higher rated QB's this year with experience and new HC Kiffin has worked with Matt at SC. Plus Oakland still gets a first rounder where they can go RB, TE, S or OLB. They get healthy, we get what we need and the world turns once more.
Just a fun type of trade thought. Don't mortify me.
DW Toys

Your if'n looked fine by me, then again I'm probably not the best academic model you could find on the subject! You're getting wound up too soon, trying to review all the selections to date it would appear to be a Patriot-rich pool of talent at 51:

OT: Tony Ugoh, Doug Free, or James Martin - Ugoh and Martin are some of the more athletic OTs, a plus if the Pats go to Zone Blocking as had been reported. Free has nice long arms and was productive at LT.

OC/OG: Josh Beekman or Samson Satele - one mauler and and an OC who some have ahead of Kalil.

DL: Ikaika Alama-Francis or Ray McDonald - Francis might even be an OLB, but both are good fits at 3-4 DE.

ILB: David Harris, Stewart Bradley - Harris is drawing attention from the Pats and no one knows where to put Bradley who is a prototype for the Pats LB corps.

OLB: Bradley again, Lamarr Woodley, Turk McBride - Woodley is drawing lots of Pats' interest, McBride reads like a Pats' player.

CB: Jonathan Wade, Josh Wilson, David Irons - Wade is a steal at 51, Wilson & Irons are good values who can compete for nickelback day one.

S: Sabby Piscatelli or Aaron Rouse - Piscatelli is likely to go earlier than the mocks and rankings suggest and Rouse has his detractors, but the Pats have looked closely at him.

WR: Anthony Gonzalez, Jason Hill, Steve Smith - I'm shocked they aren't on your board! ;)

RB: Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Lorenzo Booker - Any would be a good fit for the Pats.

TE & QB are over valued here, but you're in good shape from a Pats perspective at 51.

Your if'n looked fine by me, then again I'm probably not the best academic model you could find on the subject! You're getting wound up too soon, trying to review all the selections to date it would appear to be a Patriot-rich pool of talent at 51:

OT: Tony Ugoh, Doug Free, or James Martin - Ugoh and Martin are some of the more athletic OTs, a plus if the Pats go to Zone Blocking as had been reported. Free has nice long arms and was productive at LT.

OC/OG: Josh Beekman or Samson Satele - one mauler and and an OC who some have ahead of Kalil.

DL: Ikaika Alama-Francis or Ray McDonald - Francis might even be an OLB, but both are good fits at 3-4 DE.

ILB: David Harris, Stewart Bradley - Harris is drawing attention from the Pats and no one knows where to put Bradley who is a prototype for the Pats LB corps.

OLB: Bradley again, Lamarr Woodley, Turk McBride - Woodley is drawing lots of Pats' interest, McBride reads like a Pats' player.

CB: Jonathan Wade, Josh Wilson, David Irons - Wade is a steal at 51, Wilson & Irons are good values who can compete for nickelback day one.

S: Sabby Piscatelli or Aaron Rouse - Piscatelli is likely to go earlier than the mocks and rankings suggest and Rouse has his detractors, but the Pats have looked closely at him.

WR: Anthony Gonzalez, Jason Hill, Steve Smith - I'm shocked they aren't on your board! ;)

RB: Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Lorenzo Booker - Any would be a good fit for the Pats.

TE & QB are over valued here, but you're in good shape from a Pats perspective at 51.

nice list of possible prospects. yours is quite a bit longer than mine ;) for drafting offensive line, a prospect must be really bpa, i see one of your list being a possibility for me. can't tell too much, because perhaps the other guys from germany are reading here ;) same situation at rb and wr, one of your list is on mine too.

i have all of your linebackers also on my list, but i don't know whetehr each guy is a good fit at #51. especially bradley could last on board until early third i think (there he would be a very decent pick). i don't know, whether david harris is a good fit in a 3-4, there i rather consider his teammate from michigan.

the cbs are nice, too, but with my revis pick in the first round it wouldn't be a smart move to add another cb with the second.

the safeties don't look fine for me, piscatelli may be drafted earlier, but i don't think he's off board at my next pick. i don't see rouse fit in the patriots system, but it looks like belichick does. i think he better fits in a system the colts or bucs play.

we'll see who is left at #51 :)

Last edited:
nice list of possible prospects. yours is quite a bit longer than mine ;) for drafting offensive line, a prospect must be really bpa, i see one of your list being a possibility for me. can't tell too much, because perhaps the other guys from germany are reading here ;) same situation at rb and wr, one of your list is on mine too.

i have all of your linebackers also on my list, but i don't know whetehr each guy is a good fit at #51. especially bradley could last on board until early third i think (there he would be a very decent pick). i don't know, whether david harris is a good fit in a 3-4, there i rather consider his teammate from michigan.

the cbs are nice to, but with my revis pick in the first round it wouldn't be a smart move to add another cb with the second.

the safeties don't look fine for me, piscatelli may be drafted earlier, but i don't think he's off board at my next pick. i don't see rouse fit in the patriots system, but it looks like belichick does. i think he better fits in a system the colts or bucs play.

Rouse doesn't fit our system, and you shouldn't be looking at CB's considering you already took Revis. Also, Wilson is better than Wade, if you did look at CB's. Harris fits a 3-4, and Woodley would be a very nice pick.

the cbs are nice, too, but with my revis pick in the first round it wouldn't be a smart move to add another cb with the second.

That's the ticket, you're a Patriot for the moment so tightening up the chin strap and finding another way to win is the thing to do! :rocker: None of this Lord Favre Hail Mary interception stuff!

Last edited:
At #51 I would shock the world and take a wide receiver, but that's just me. :D Some really good ones left.
I agree with you in thinking Woodley is more talented than Harris.

Too early for a safety, with Weddle gone, I think and corner is taken care of unless there is an absolute steal.
I'd be thinking best linebacker now probably if you are planning on grabbing a safety in the 3rd. Gattis, Piscatelli, Wendling should all be available in that area.

Last edited:
ladies and gentlemen, time to present the 2nd patriot of the 2007 draft class. the teams picking before me were friendly and left all the players on my draft board available :) so it was hard to decide.

With the 51st Pick of the 2007 NFL-Talk.net Mock Draft the New England Patriots select the former Wolverine

LaMarr Woodley, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, University of Michigan

woodley is a great leader in a defense, has great instinct and is a real work horse. his pass rushing abilities could have tremendous value for the pats. i think he fits good in the pats scheme. i strongly considered gonzo, too, but decided me for the position with more need.

hope you are satisfied with my pick :)

here's an update on the picks:

42) BUCCANEERS (from 49ERS) – Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
43) BILLS – Rufus Alexander, LB, Oklahoma
44) FALCONS – Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College
45) CARDINALS (from PANTHERS via VIKINGS) – Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame
46) STEELERS – Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia
47) PACKERS – Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
48) JAGUARS – Jason Hill, WR, Washington State, Jaguars
49) BENGALS – Justin Durant, LB, Hampton
50) TITANS – Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia
51) PATRIOTS (from GIANTS) – LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
52) CARDINALS (from RAMS) – Zab, 05.04., 20-8 Uhr
53) DOLPHINS (from COWBOYS) – Wendigo/ Shaquille, 06.04., 8-12 Uhr
54) CHIEFS – Earl Piggot, 06.04., 12-16 Uhr
55) SEAHAWKS – Tampa_Bucs, 06.04., 16-20 Uhr
56) BRONCOS – Bronco Bomber/ Mile High, 06.04., 20-8 Uhr
57) EAGLES – 07.04., Darkchild/ DDP, 8-12 Uhr
58) SAINTS – Deuce/ Saintsfan, 07.04., 12-16 Uhr
59) JETS – StoneHäns, 07.04., 16-20 Uhr
60) VIKINGS from DOLPHINS via PATRIOTS via CARDINALS) – MossisBoss, 07.04., 20-8 Uhr
61) RAVENS – Chainz, 08.04., 8-12 Uhr
62) CHARGERS – RedZone, 08.04., 12-16 Uhr
63) JETS (from BEARS) – StoneHäns, 08.04., 16-20 Uhr
64) BUCCANEERS (from COLTS) – Donatello, 08.04., 20-8 Uhr

Last edited:
Good pick. Great value for #51, though some people are projecting Woodley to the ILB position.

Everyone knows I'm a Woodley fan, so I like the pick, gus!:D

Last edited:
really no comment? :eek:
Sorry GG, I had a visit to the Operating Room and some minor complications that kept me overnight before getting back to business here. Woodley is an excellent value at #51 and will allow BB to do some different things with his LB corps. Revis and Woodley for the first two picks creates depth where needed. #82 is next?

nice to hear you are all ok with my selection. the guys in germany graded me also real good, though one gave me the nickname "bust king" because of my selections in recent mock drafts. he would have predicted woodley a great nfl carreer, he couldn't anymore with him selected by gilbert, the bust king :D :D

Woodley is an excellent value at #51 and will allow BB to do some different things with his LB corps. Revis and Woodley for the first two picks creates depth where needed. #82 is next?

perhaps depth at ilb would have been even better (woodley is a clear olb for me). unfortunately my target for round 3a was picked by baltimore in the late second. hope there are some good projects left at #81.

i give you an update on the picks of course. some other good projects like gonzo and harris left left the board shortly after my pick.

51) PATRIOTS (from GIANTS) - LaMarr Woodley, DE, Michigan
52) CARDINALS (from RAMS) – Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
53) DOLPHINS (from COWBOYS) – Anthony Gonzales, WR, Ohio State
54) CHIEFS – Tank Tyler, DT, NC State
55) SEAHAWKS – Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
56) BRONCOS – Quinn Pit****, DT, Ohio State
57) EAGLES – Tim Crowder, DE, Texas
58) SAINTS – David Harris, LB, Michigan
59) JETS – Steve Smith, WR, USC
60) VIKINGS (from DOLPHINS via PATRIOTS via CARDINALS) – Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
61) RAVENS – Stuart Bradley, LB, Nebraska
62) DOLPHINS (from CHARGERS) – Samson Satele, C, Hawaii
63) JETS (from BEARS) – Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
64) BUCCANEERS (from COLTS) – Donatello, 08.04., 20-8 Uhr

EDIT: hey, this dt from ohio state is not blameable for his name :D

Last edited:
welcome back to nfl-talk network, bringing you the mock draft show live from down town munich. your host is as usual gilbert "the bust king" :D nothing really spectacular happened the last four days, the buccaneers went with the probably best ilb available and texans AND raidersadded some o-line talent, unbelievable :p after their reach in round two for rufus alexander the bills made a steal adding the best rb available, the former buckeye antonio pittman.

another guy i considered in round three was picked by the broncos, wyoming safety john wendling went to colorado. at the moment one guy is clear #1 on my draft board and i strongly hope he is there at #81

64) BUCCANEERS (from COLTS) – Jay Moore, DE, Nebraska

3rd Round

65) RAIDERS – Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
66) LIONS – Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
67) BROWNS – Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
68) BUCCANEERS – Brandon Siler, LB, Florida
69) DOLPHINS (from CARDINALS) – Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois
70) BRONCOS (from REDSKINS) – John Wendling, S, Wyoming
71) CHARGERS (from DOLPHINS) - Craig Davis, WR, LSU
72) CHIEFS (from PANTHERS, over VIKINGS) – Tanard Jackson, CB, Syracuse
73) TEXANS – Ryan Harris, OT, Notre Dame
74) BILLS – Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
75) VIKINGS (from FALCONS via CARDINALS) – Earl Everett, LB, Florida
76) 49ERS – Plummer/ Frontmode/ Garrison, 11.04., 20-8 Uhr
77) STEELERS – Dante LeRoi, 12.04., 8-12 Uhr
78) PACKERS – Magic, 12.04., 12-16 Uhr
79) JAGUARS – Vicks Wife, 12.04., 16-20 Uhr
--) BENGALS – entfällt (Exercised in Supplemental Draft)
80) TITANS – Kiddster, 12.04., 20-8 Uhr
81) PATRIOTS (from GIANTS) – Gilbert, 13.04., 8-12 Uhr

Last edited:
damn damn damn, my clear #1 went to san francisco 5 minutes after that post :bricks: :bricks:

With the 76th pick of the NFL-Talk.net-Mock Draft 2007 the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS select:

DE Ikaika Alama-Francis von Hawaii

Greetings GG,

If I followed things correctly, you now have two third round picks, and will turn over rounds 5-7 to someone else...

You have already drafted:
#20 Darryl Revis CB
#51 Lamarr Woodley OLB

Well done to date. You were looking for a 3-4 DE with Alama-Francis before those rascal 49rs went there? Some Defensive Line choices at this point:
- DT Paul Soliai (Utah): raw, former Guard moved to defense, very athletic for a 344 lb. man, he was on kickoff coverage units running downfield as a wedge buster. He can learn to play all three positions in the 3-4.
- DT Antonio Johnson (Mississippi State): another raw prospect with limited playing time, but very strong and very quick, he could also learn to play all three positions.
- DT Kareem Brown (Miami): He'll plug up the middle at Nose Tackle, I'm not sure if he can play Defensive End in a 3-4 - he has the size, but I question his athleticism. The Patriots have been taking a hard look at him.

My last DT I think can also be an OLB, but he can add 10 lbs. and play DE too. I'll use him to start off LB candidates:
- DT Turk McBride (Tennessee): very quick, never plays in just one place, they use him everywhere on the line, just the kind of kid the Patriots like.
- LB Brian Robison (Texas): played ILB & DE, punt block specialist on Special Teams, very fast and smooth in LB drills.
- LB Zac DeOssie (Brown): small school, his father played LB for 10 years in the pros, very good on Special Teams.
- LB Daniel Bazuin (Central Michigan): very good pass rusher, high energy, blue collar worker, he could start out at OLB and work inside like Woodley.
- LB Dallas Sartz (USC): started out as a Safety and moved to LB, tall, room to gain weight and muscle, still learning but his updated scouting report showed good improvement this year.

My #1 SS is still available as of 77:
- S Sabby Piscitelli (Oregon State): incredible athlete, hard hitter, ballhawk, he can play either Safety position and cover the big Tight Ends as well as fast Wide Recievers.
- S Kevin Payne (Louisiana-Monroe): a very good athlete who can play RB (over 1,000 yds as a freshman) and either S (led the team in tackles past two years), he punted for his senior year averaging a very respectable 40.6 yds/punt, and he is a good Kick Returner.
- Josh Gattis (Wake Forest): a very good Safety, he could add another 5 lbs. in conditioning and play either position, ballhawk and hitter.

I believe the Patriots need to take another Wide Reciever or two to develop for 2008 in case they can't re-sign players, they also have two WR with huge option bonuses to make decisions on, so good young kids would be nice to have now:
- WR Mike Walker (Central Florida): he averaged over 7 catches and nearly 100 yds/game in his first year back from a knee injury. He can also play S.
- WR Brandon Myles (West Virginia): he was very good at the Senior Bowl, his offense in college didn't pass much so he doesn't have as much National attention, he could be like former Patriot David Givens who came from a running offense and played very well for them.
- WR Aundrae Allison (East Carolina): another very good Senior Bowl, smaller school, nice quickness.
- WR Courtney Taylor (Auburn) nice possession receiver the Patriots have been looking at.
- WR David Ball (New Hampshire): small school, slow, but one of the quickest at changing directions, the best hands in this draft, fantastic catches. Broke Jerry Rice records for their division. It may be a bit early, but since these are your last picks...
- WR Laurent Robinson (Illinois State): fast, high production at a small school. Another one a bit early, but a nice choice.
- WR Dallas Baker (Florida): solid kid who comes from a program Belichick likes. Also a bit early, but a solid choice.

I would like to add a second CB in this draft since the Patriots may lose two if Asante Samuel is traded and Randall Gay gets signed to an offer sheet:
- CB A.J. Davis (NC State): in my mind the best remaining CB.
- CB Michael Coe (Alabama State): played at Arkansas, lost his job to new favorite Chris Houston, transferred to the small school his father coached at then had good games in the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl.
- CB Usama Young (Kent State): rising fast up the rankings after a very good Pro-day, he was recruited to college by the Patriots' Defensive Coordinator.

Offensive Tackle is always a good choice:
- LT Mike Otto (Purdue): four year starter in a good program, the Patriots' current LT came from there.
- RT James Martin (Boston College): BC turns out good linemen, this kid has been impressing people since the Senior Bowl, plays with the mean streak they like.

I personally wouldn't take a Guard at this point, some good Tackles in the later rounds can be moved inside, but there is a LT from a very small school who people like and might be better as a Guard:
- OT/OG Allan Barbre (Missouri Southern State): not as gifted in the classroom which will hurt him as a Pro lineman, but very talented and worth consideration.

There are also two nice Centers available yet, I like them because they both played Left Tackle and Guard in college, which the Pats like:
- OC Leroy Harris (NC State)
- OC Doug Datish (Ohio State)

The Pats could use another Running Back:
- RB Tony Hunt (Penn State): big powerful runner, good hands out of the backfield, I'm not sure if he is the best choice for the reported new blocking system the Patriots will use, but he's a very good RB, MVP in the Senior Bowl.
- RB Brandon Jackson (Nebraska): good at running, blocking, and receiving, had a lot of good backs to compete with at Nebraska so he doesn't have flashy numbers, good fit behind Maroney for the Patriots.

Coach Belichick likes Tight Ends in just about every draft, a good one to take at the end of the third is:
- TE Kevin Boss (Western Oregon): tall kid who impressed people with his hands and route running, needs lots of work blocking, but a nice talent to consider at 6'6".

I've probably missed some, but here are a few players I like that you can consider at your leisure before you return to being a wild Packer fan! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes