PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm still proud of Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
jetophile
This message is hidden because jetophile is on your ignore list.

Sadly, the above statement is probably more informative than whatever the poster actually had to say. :rolleyes:

I thought he played okay.

That's a nice sentiment. The Jets almost made me eat a box of razors last week. The Jets suck. We get it. I get it. Yet you lost to Miami. I'm laughing. Hard.

I'll give you points for dedication. If I were a Jets fan, I would find the highest building in the city and embrace the smoggy air on the fast track to the pavement. What keeps you going - Super Bowl III? But you have extensive, repeated experience with failure so I will defer to your experience with lousy performances.

Dolphins have made it and won and lost and have their perfect season. You can bust on the Bills, but at least they made it to the show a few times after the 1960s. The Patriots need only look back to last year, even if they lost. The only way the Jets find their way to the Super Bowl is through the courtesy player tickets. I recommend you return to the Jets board for some kindred spirits as we are lamenting a single loss, not 40 years of losing.

I'm still in the Cassell sucks category. He has no touch and it takes forever for him to set and then throw the ball. Perhaps Belichick wants a better draft position next year ... who knows. Cassell is probably the worst starter in the league right now.

Re: Cassel is not the man

Sorry Cassel lovers .... this has to do with your guy!

The D came out flat ... why? my guess is Cassel lost this team
in practice. No one will admit it but I bet there is more than one
guy on that defense that thinks ..." live to fight another year"

Your QB has to inspire confidence not only on offense but on defense.
There is a reason Moss looks off his game ... why the Oline is not
blocking as well as it did for Tom ... why the D looks lethargic at times ..
... my bet is it's a loss of confidence in the new leader.

Cassel looked over his head today ... bad throws ... bad decisions ...
... too slow finding the open guy. He should have had at least 2
more ints. He is too easily read and the fins figured it out.
.... just bad .... PATs are in big trouble. :eek:
They better trade for a QB if possible.

Cassel....looked....well....like Cassel today....and will do so for the rest of the season...get used to it....he is an average to below average QB......If BB stays with him....our D better be keeping us in the games better....Cassel is at best...a game manager....which means he hands off....throws short dump offs and screens ....and a few short passes......THE RUNNING GAME....needs to be able to carry the load.....and since our OL has not proven that they can do anything to run block....that doesn't seem like it is going to happen......and the D has to do what it did in 2001....2003....and 2004...make some big time stops and control the game.....they played OK against a weak KC.....good against Jests....and ABYSMAL against the doofins.........

Matt Cassel is what he is a back up QB.. he is not going to perform miracles , we knew that, but when it was 28-6, he is not the guy that going to bring the team back, he needs help, running game offensive line, RANDY MOSS, the defense well just to play defense..

That pass that was a int, was all on him though, though that play should have not happened because of the grasp rule..

He may improve, but not the heights that some us potrayed him to have.. All we need him is to be solid, and today he wasnt..

Matt Cassel is what he is a back up QB.. he is not going to perform miracles , we knew that, but when it was 28-6, he is not the guy that going to bring the team back, he needs help, running game offensive line, RANDY MOSS, the defense well just to play defense..

That pass that was a int, was all on him though, though that play should have not happened because of the grasp rule..

He may improve, but not the heights that some us potrayed him to have.. All we need him is to be solid, and today he wasnt..

Yes. Matt is our back up and while it's exciting to see him develop as the season goes on (hopefully:D),expectations seemed to soar after last week, and maybe that's just not realistic. However that doesn't mean he/we can't win, but to win this whole team,including coaching, has GOT to step it up and help him out. I really didn't like what I saw today, and I'm not just talking about Matt either. He's bound to make mistakes and occasional bad decisions but a consistent OL can make a lot of things better.AND a motivated captain or two also.:cool:

Look around the league - Griese is a bum, sure, but he threw for 400+ yds and won the game for his team despite 3 picks. JT O'Sullivan had a 123 passing rating, Matt Ryan had a 120, Trent Edwards threw for 280 yds, Frerotte 190, they all won. Bad, young, rookies, or whatever, they all outpassed Cassel by a wide margin.

We got 130 yds from Cassel in a game we trailed big time. 130 yds! That's so pathetic it represents no kind of achievement at all, none. The sad part is that was he barely any worse or better than game 1 or 2, that's the really scary part. Cassel had one INT but it could/should have been 3.

He stinks, he can't move in the pocket for crap, NEVER looks more than 5-8 yds downfield, is stiff more than he's natural, misses wide open guys, rarely seems to read the D and change to a better play.

Do you think for a minute we could beat SD, Dallas, Denver, GB, Jax, Indy? Cripes we will be life and death to beat Buffalo with Cassel, sorry dude.

Last edited:
I'm still in the Cassell sucks category. He has no touch and it takes forever for him to set and then throw the ball. Perhaps Belichick wants a better draft position next year ... who knows. Cassell is probably the worst starter in the league right now.

Are you suggesting that BB/Pioli are pulling a "Pittsburgh Steelers"?

Look around the league - Griese is a bum, sure, but he threw for 400+ yds and won the game for his team despite 3 picks. JT O'Sullivan had a 123 passing rating, Matt Ryan had a 120, Trent Edwards threw for 280 yds, Frerotte 190, they all won. Bad, young, rookies, or whatever, they all outpassed Cassel by a wide margin.

We got 130 yds from Cassel in a game we trailed big time. 130 yds! That's so pathetic it represents no kind of achievement at all, none. The sad part is that was he barely any worse or better than game 1 or 2, that's the really scary part. Cassel had one INT but it could/should have been 3.

He stinks, he can't move in the pocket for crap, NEVER looks more than 5-8 yds downfield, is stiff more than he's natural, misses wide open guys, rarely seems to read the D and change to a better play.

Do you think for a minute we could beat SD, Dallas, Denver, GB, Jax, Indy? Cripes we will be life and death to beat Buffalo with Cassel, sorry dude.

You could go back and take Brady's stinkers and look at all the games around the league that week and point out all the QBs who did better than Brady that week. Does it make them better than Tom Brady? Your post has no point nad proves nothing.

How'd Big Ben do? How about Peyton Manning?

I could be worse, we could have Tyler Thigpen as our QB, and our team is the chiefs or the rams

I am proud of Cassel. The defense played terrible, terrible today. :disagreement:

I am a huge Pats fan..

The whole team was a fockin disgrace today, and That guy named Cassel surely didn't inspire confidence....

Please dig up that loser Eason..... I think we'd have a better chance.

Its amazing to me to see so many damn Cassel apologist.We know that the defense stunked today but the offense was still putrid.Cassel cant get this team in the endzone.

It's hard to be proud of Cassel unless you value someone surviving a severe beating. As a reminder:

The Patriots have the easiest schedule in the NFL this season. Cassel has been in the system for 4 years. I'm sure the coach expects a whole lot more from him and why should we fans expect less. It's unsettling to see Moss taking plays off because he and Cassel are not on the same page. Moss needs to stop this, after all he is a captain. To be sure the whole team except the kicking game was awful but since this thread is about Cassel I find it difficult to praise any part of his game. He had more snaps in the preseason then any backup I can remember and showed...well, nothing. It's not a surprise that he has isn't much better in the regular season...He has a darn good supporting cast of receivers and a decent running game but it's up to him to make some plays when there aren't any there. I don't think he will improve much but due to the pathetic schedule the Patriots play he may actually look better than he really is. I'm watching Aaron Rodgers who looks better than Cassel and has been in the system as a backup for 4 years as well and playing a lot tougher schedule...

Sorry but I expect more and anyone who doesn't will probably be quite happy this season...

The only person who can possibly be proud of Cassel is his mother.

Cassel WAS pathetic, but I think Bill should have lined up some MEN on defense today, all I saw was a few girls, and it was embarrassing.

Maybe when these guys come back, Bill will have MEN stand in the trenches for the Pats, I surely saw NO Men watching that game today that's for sure...

All I saw was 300lb women out there:mad::mad:

It's time to dumb CASSUCK. We need to do what Viking did if we want to be in the play off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes