PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Adam Seward [merged - old 2008 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the colts have enough cap space to sign anyone?

Depends. We restructured Lilja and Vinatieri's contracts recently so there is enough I think to sign a FA. Not for anything extreme though.

The Colts do not bring many FAs from outside in so I will be curious to see what happens.

This guy cant be worth that much right? But, you never know, people throw money at anyone these days. But, yeah we have very little money after the contracts we gave Jeff and Hayden.

Last edited:
Time for Freddy Key-a-hoe and Gary Lackett to step aside andlet me show them how to play a mans game.

Depends. We restructured Lilja and Vinatieri's contracts recently so there is enough I think to sign a FA. Not for anything extreme though.

The Colts do not bring many FAs from outside in so I will be curious to see what happens.

This guy cant be worth that much right? But, you never know, people throw money at anyone these days. But, yeah we have very little money after the contracts we gave Jeff and Hayden.

In some ways, he's priceless.

Free agent LB Adam Seward will visit the Colts on Monday.

The Patriots pursued Seward last offseason, but haven't showed renewed interest. Seward is a special teamer and reserve-caliber middle linebacker.

Source: Boston Globe

I have one question. Is this the year we live to regret trading Chad Jackson or do we have to wait unill 2010?

I have one question. Is this the year we live to regret trading Chad Jackson or do we have to wait unill 2010?

Yeah, he's gonnna shoot up the depth chart in Denver. Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney and Brandon Stokley better watch out.

Can anyone confirm or deny wether Adam is part of this Peppers deal...

Can anyone confirm or deny wether Adam is part of this Peppers deal...
Yep. Just heard on ESPN that the Pats are trading a 2nd round pick for Seward. Negotiations were bogged down, but then Carolina agreed to add Peppers as a throw-in.

Yep. Just heard on ESPN that the Pats are trading a 2nd round pick for Seward. Negotiations were bogged down, but then Carolina agreed to add Peppers as a throw-in.

Seward's a free agent and, yet, the Patriots are still thinking of offering up draft picks to get him. This man is going to have his own wing in Canton.

Dont you mean a carry on, somethin that will fit in the overhead compartment.

As long as he doesn't go to Indy. He's our missing piece.

It may be nothing, but I gotta point it out anyways. Since the last time that the Pats won a Super Bowl, Adam Seward has not been on the roster.

:DThe all time Pats Hype team

QB Mike Bishop
RB Mike Cloud
Wr Chad Jackson
DT dan klecko
MLB Adam Seward- who was not on the pats, but there so many therads about this guy, i thought he was..
CB Duane Starks..

Last edited:
I prefer the title inside linebacker (ILB) as opposed to middle linebacker (MLB) because with 4 guys, there just is no "middle man".

He must be good. I think he'd be the first free agent the Colts have signed from another team in the offseason in 3 years. The Detroit Lions win football games more often than the Colts sign free agents (besides undrafted rookie ones).

I can't recall what got in return for trading him :rofl:

I believe it was one of those top secret trades that people think the Patriots have like that notorious "Shadow squad". I think we got a 20% off coupon at Trader Joes.

I believe it was one of those top secret trades that people think the Patriots have like that notorious "Shadow squad".

My favorites are the "it's all an elaborate public web of deceit by the master puppeteer" theories. The current "BB is planting stories about getting Peppers for a 2nd rounder to induce some unspecified rival to trade eleventeen 1st-round picks instead" thread is a great specimen of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes