PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Adam Seward [merged - old 2008 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats to host ILB Adam Seward tomorrow

Thought anyone reading this thread might enjoy this link:

NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage for Pros by Pros - Powered by the Sports Xchange

You can sort the the top combine performances since 2000 in each drill by position. Seward has one of the best 40 times, bench press total, and shuttle times of all ILB's at the combine from 2000-2008.

I am not saying combine results= NFL success, but it is interesting to see how he stacked up at the combine compared to ILB's who will be selected in this draft.

Comparing Jerod Mayo's athletic Combine results to Adam Seward's numbers, puts Seward slightly better in the measureables in everything except 40 time. Mayo was a 4.54 and Seward was a 4.60 Those are spectacular numbers for ILBs. He beats Mayo in three cone and shuttle numbers. Or for pass rushing OLBs too. The obvious question was, "Why he wasn't drafted higher? "

Then you find out he had a fractured foot as a Senior in college; and that needed surgery, so his NFL rookie year would be curtailed. That surely ruled him off many teams draft lists, and pushed him down, too.

Morgan and Beason who he played behind, are or were near probowl caliber MLBs.

Looking closely, I can see why they are going after a college 3-4 ILB, from a school where they have drafted before, and has a record of producing a few probowl LBs. He would beat out Alexander as an ILB reserve, if he can barely walk, IMHO .:eek::eek::D

Last edited:
Re: ILB Adam Seward [merged]

I still await this signing. They had interest before, have obviously been following him, and scouting him. He was quickly brought in to talk; they interviewed him and now can turn their attention to the other usual low ball FAs.

Will they come back for him? Now he knows there is interest. I'd guess yes. Having tendered him low, I suspect to try and sneak him by, the Panthers may have second thought on a match, though. :)

Last edited:

I think I would rather have Seward than Peppers... or any other LB in history.

I think I would rather have Seward than Peppers... or any other LB in history.

And really, who wouldn't?

Can anyone summarize this thread for me? Are we being sarcastic, or have we targeted this guy?

Last edited:
Just heard on OLN or SPICE one of those media outlets. Three way deal for Vrabel, Vrabel to KC, Pollard to Carolina, Adam Seward to NE, Straight up!!!!!

Ray Lewis is gone, time to sign Seward!

Ray Lewis is gone, time to sign Seward!

Are you trying to single handedly drive the price up, maybe his agent has'nt heard yet. We need to go cloak and dagger to get this guy. He's not gonna tackle himself you know.

Why haven't we signed Adam Seward yet? He strides around in tights and a cape..... Snap to it FO..... sheeesh

A 650+ posts thread on this guy is gold bullion in a swiss bank!

Last edited:
I always think the Pats wanted Seward and missed getting him, so they settled for his UNLV teammate Ryan Claridge instead.

How'd that work out for 'em? :ugh:

I'm hesitant to name Seward as a starter (although we all know he's redefined the role of an NFL LB as we know it :) ) just because I've never seen him play.

But, shoot, bring him in and take a look.

And really, who wouldn't?

Mark my words....when their careers are all said and done....Seward will have had a better career than Larry Taylor........

Mark my words....when their careers are all said and done....Seward will have had a better career than Larry Taylor........

d%#*!@t! There's not enough room in the sig for two such magnificent guarantees. Maybe Stcjones will recant his and we can make a switch?

Last edited:
Is it time to panic :D

From Gasper
globe said:
Next in line
Remember last year how the Patriots were chasing after Carolina Panthers unrestricted free agent linebacker Adam Seward? Well, New England hasn't shown much interest this time around in Seward, who is an unrestricted free agent. But the rival Colts have. According to a league source, Indianapolis is set to have Seward, who has started two games in four NFL seasons, in for a visit tomorrow.
Following the money in free agency - The Boston Globe

Im more than willing to take a hometown discount to play for the Patriots.

Im more than willing to take a hometown discount to play for the Patriots.

Well done.:rofl::rofl:

Unfortunately, the Colts pay wages similar to those of dishwashers in Mexican border towns for their non pass rushers on D, so there's no discount to be had.

The thought is appreciated, though.

Seward is well worth a possible 5th round pick.

I can't believe this thread has lived on for 66 pages

I can't believe this thread has lived on for 66 pages

It will end one day soon, after Adam Seward has joined the Patriots, led them to a Super Bowl victory, cured cancer, ended world hunger and found another planet for us all to colonize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes