PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Pick At 15

Can we all agree we aren’t winning championships until we have r a championship caliber qb? Can we all agree the only goal is winning championships?

Definitely an easier ride with a franchise qb, however, it’s been done with a good game manager, great defense and solid running game. We’ll see how BB wants to do it? In some ways I’d like to see BB break the wheel again and bring back a running attack scheme. He’s done it before vs Walsh’s west coast offense and Jim Kelly’s hurry up. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have a superbowl ring. Brady threw for 185 and a td in his first one.

I disagree to both of these questions.
The first question is silly, because as soon as you win a championship, then you have a championship caliber QB. Nobody has a crystal ball. We already have Cam, and he won an NFC Championship (which shows that he has the ability to get to that level). Cam will be fine.
The second question that I wholeheartedly disagree with is that the "only" goal is to win championships. For me, I have loved watching the games ever since the early 70's and getting a Championship was/is a good goal, but not the "only goal". For me, it is entertainment, and a way to enjoy comradery with fellow sports fans. It is the game itself that I enjoy: the strategy, the athleticism, the big hits, the running game and the aerial acrobatics that receivers like Lynn Swann used and made famous. It's the excitement of making the playoffs and extending your hopes a bit longer and it's the willingness (as a fan) to emotionally invest again despite a crushing defeat.
Do you think newton is the same guy he was in 2015?
Do you believe the organizations goal should not be to win championships? That they should build a team around being exciting and losing?

I am hoping they take the BPA at 15 and I will be ecstatic if it is a DL or LB.
by the way Belichick evaluates, it will and should surely be a corner or OT. There are very strong candidates. And when it is close, the choice goes to starters we need in 2022. As of now, it seem quite possible that we will lose our two starting OT's and our two starting corners. Much of this can be avoided, but not all.

Definitely an easier ride with a franchise qb, however, it’s been done with a good game manager, great defense and solid running game. We’ll see how BB wants to do it? In some ways I’d like to see BB break the wheel again and bring back a running attack scheme. He’s done it before vs Walsh’s west coast offense and Jim Kelly’s hurry up. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have a superbowl ring. Brady threw for 185 and a td in his first one.
But if you are building a team the 1 in 30 chance that you can win with a crappy qb shouldn’t be the plan right? If you have to figure out a way to win because you can’t get a QBs that’s one thing but to plan to win without a QB is like asking to be hit by lightning.

At pick 15 any one of the following based on availability:
1. Jaylen Waddle - WR: Alabama
2. Micah Parsons - LB: Penn State
3. Jaycee Horn - CB: South Carolina
4. Trey Lance - QB: North Dakota State
5. Kwity Paye - EDGE: Michigan

Otherwise trade down and select one of the following:
1. Caleb Farley - CB: Virginia Tech
2. Rashod Bateman - WR: Minnesota
3. Terrace Marshall Jr. - WR: LSU
4. Zaven Collins - LB: Tulsa
5. Landon ****erson - IOL: Alabama

No. I laid out a plan, you said QBS Are ToOOOOooooo XPEnSiVe and are trying to argue we don’t need one.

Then we had back and forth and I responded specifically to every point you raised in objection to my viewpoint and you ignored every point I made in objection to yours.
then you said I have a problem where I have I to be right. Comedy gold.

I do agree though, you should give up.

So did you win the argument? That's what everyone really wants know.

Also to be considered is the Jets factor, ie how many teams draft QBs and then just ruin them when they might have proved to be good to excellent if drafted into the right situation with the right coaching staff. The sarcasm about RGIII is a little off since he's a prime example of a QB being ruined by his original team.
I was unable to link it but The Onion piece on the Panthers treating Darnold as a rescue pet was hilarious.

At pick 15 any one of the following based on availability:
1. Jaylen Waddle - WR: Alabama
2. Micah Parsons - LB: Penn State
3. Jaycee Horn - CB: South Carolina
4. Trey Lance - QB: North Dakota State
5. Kwity Paye - EDGE: Michigan

Otherwise trade down and select one of the following:
1. Caleb Farley - CB: Virginia Tech

3. Terrace Marshall Jr. - WR: LSU

I agree 100 percent in board with this ranking.

For the trade down my 2.) is barmore!

So did you win the argument? That's what everyone really wants know.
No. It’s about what the patriots should do not winning an argument. Try making a cogent argument about how they solve the gaping hole at QB instead of being a bltch trying to argue a bad point.

No. It’s about what the patriots should do not winning an argument. Try making a cogent argument about how they solve the gaping hole at QB instead of being a bltch trying to argue a bad point.

Haha. I feel like I'm arguing with a child.

kitten playing GIF

Which 2nd, 3rd and 4ths are you referring to? Ultimately most of them get their chance or blow the opportunity.
Do you want me to list the starters/stars picked in teh 2nd/3rd rounds, really? Metcalf (and like 6 other receivers picked after Harry), Derrick Henry, Damien Harris, Shaq Mason, Joe THuney...

My point is, other than QB, most players in the NFL weren't picked in the 1st. QBs who aren't picked in the first don't typically get much of a chance, and when they do, you've got guys like Wilson, Garoppolo, Foles, Cousins - they're out there.

I will admit, because of hte changes to the college game, it's probably easier now to properly grade QBs. That said, it's also for a guy like Mac Jones to sit behind an NFL-ready line and throw to Waddle and Smith.

Haha. I feel like I'm arguing with a child.

kitten playing GIF
No you are child because you offer no counter argument, actually no real argument, and avoid the issue them pull crap like this.....exactly like a child would.

I am discussing the topic, you are deflecting it to anything but.

Do you want me to list the starters/stars picked in teh 2nd/3rd rounds, really? Metcalf (and like 6 other receivers picked after Harry), Derrick Henry, Damien Harris, Shaq Mason, Joe THuney...

My point is, other than QB, most players in the NFL weren't picked in the 1st. QBs who aren't picked in the first don't typically get much of a chance, and when they do, you've got guys like Wilson, Garoppolo, Foles, Cousins - they're out there.

I will admit, because of hte changes to the college game, it's probably easier now to properly grade QBs. That said, it's also for a guy like Mac Jones to sit behind an NFL-ready line and throw to Waddle and Smith.
We aren’t talking about rbs or wrs or ol we talking about QBs.

You are asserting they don’t get a chance evidently to imply a QB after round 1 only fails because of not getting a chance but untimately most do.
what I asked is to list the QBs you claim never got a chance to support the argument a lot of good QBs get drafted after round 1 but even though they are really good we don’t know it because they never got the chance

No you are child because you offer no counter argument, actually no real argument, and avoid the issue them pull crap like this.....exactly like a child would.

I am discussing the topic, you are deflecting it to anything but.

You Are Wrong No GIF by Film Riot

Thanks for showing the extent of your intellect. I knew this months ago. You should just stop acting like you know anything. It eliminates the wtf responses

We aren’t talking about rbs or wrs or ol we talking about QBs.

You are asserting they don’t get a chance evidently to imply a QB after round 1 only fails because of not getting a chance but untimately most do.
what I asked is to list the QBs you claim never got a chance to support the argument a lot of good QBs get drafted after round 1 but even though they are really good we don’t know it because they never got the chance
Go back and reread my post. My whole point was that QBs are different than every other position because the teams that need one, grab one early, and the teams who have one, take one later - and those guys rarely get a shot.

Thanks for showing the extent of your intellect. I knew this months ago. You should just stop acting like you know anything. It eliminates the wtf responses

Andy, your responses are old and lame. You lose an argument, get flustered and then start throwing out insults. It's really childish and pathetic. I mean I really appreciate your attempt to hurt my feelings but you're failing. Try harder please.

Of playoff games in the last 10 seasons, how many were won by quarterbacks drafted after the first round? What percentages is that?
Whatever the answer to that question is, I doubt BB cares. When he's on the clock I think he's thinking about how the available QBs fit into his system and how adding him would improve the team, vs using that draft pick on another position, or trading down.

I know next to no one wants to hear this, but he feels Cam fits his system, he signed him, twice.

Go back and reread my post. My whole point was that QBs are different than every other position because the teams that need one, grab one early, and the teams who have one, take one later - and those guys rarely get a shot.
Im not understanding how that endorses not getting the qb

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back