PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If true, Jets are in serious trouble!

This "broken word" nonsense is pure B.S. propagated by Jete hack Mehta. BB was straight with Thomas through the whole process and circumstances simply changed. This situation with Osemele is on a whole different level and indicative of what a loser organization New Jersey is.
This. Read what Thomas actually said, and not Fireman Mehta's interpretation.

Geez Mike Florio missed this story.. as did all the rest of the sports mediots.

Difficult to imagine that this two time probowler could be screwing the pooch..
An offensive lineman having his health intentionally put into jeopardy by the Jets, doesn't generate nearly as many clicks as 'Former Partiot Drama du Joir' does.

I don't think I have ever seen a columnist from one city so obsessed with a team from another city as Manish Mehta is with the Patriots.

He makes Boston Globe columnists talking about the NY Yankees in the 80's, 90's and early 00's (prior to 2004) look level headed by comparison.

His source loses some credibility when he describes Toradol as a “extremely strong pain masking narcotic”. It is NOT a narcotic. It is a strong “NSAID” (pain reliever and anti-inflammatory), the same class of medication as ibuprofen (advil, motrin) and naproxen (aleve). In addition to its strength relative to the over-the-counter NSAIDs, in can be administer via multiple routes (oral, intramuscular or intravenous drip). It hs no addictive properties but overuse can cause damage, particularly to the kidneys, but also the liver on rare occasions.

I don't think I have ever seen a columnist from one city so obsessed with a team from another city as Manish Mehta is with the Patriots.

He makes Boston Globe columnists talking about the NY Yankees in the 80's, 90's and early 00's (prior to 2004) look level headed by comparison.
I was going to say 'Dan Shaughnessy on the New York Yankees' has to be up there, in sheer volume. Hell, he wrote how many books about them?

I was going to say 'Dan Shaughnessy on the New York Yankees' has to be up there, in sheer volume. Hell, he wrote how many books about them?
Yeah he was the one who came into my mind too as the nearest comparison. It's interesting to contrast the different styles of Shank Shaughnessy and Manish Mehta. Shank would deify the Yankees and trash the local team, whereas Mehta deifies the local team and trashes the Patriots.

His source loses some credibility when he describes Toradol as a “extremely strong pain masking narcotic”. It is NOT a narcotic. It is a strong “NSAID” (pain reliever and anti-inflammatory), the same class of medication as ibuprofen (advil, motrin) and naproxen (aleve). In addition to its strength relative to the over-the-counter NSAIDs, in can be administer via multiple routes (oral, intramuscular or intravenous drip). It hs no addictive properties but overuse can cause damage, particularly to the kidneys, but also the liver on rare occasions.

I somehow doubt that the portions you get over the counter and the amount Osemele got from the team doctors pre-game to help him play through an injury are even close to each other.

And as with most things in life it is the amount that makes all the difference.

I somehow doubt that the portions you get over the counter and the amount Osemele got from the team doctors pre-game to help him play through an injury are even close to each other.

And as with most things in life it is the amount that makes all the difference.

Yeah, you missed my main point, but that’s ok.

Yeah, you missed my main point, but that’s ok.

How so ?

Just because someone made a transcription error or misspoke about the exact nature of the pain killer it doesnt mean that the overall point they were trying to make is wrong.

You were kinda implying that Osemele was getting the equivalent of over the counter meds and shouldnt be so worried about it.

How so ?

Just because someone made a transcription error or misspoke about the exact nature of the pain killer it doesnt mean that the overall point they were trying to make is wrong.

You were kinda implying that Osemele was getting the equivalent of over the counter meds and shouldnt be so worried about it.
Indeed. If you're relying on painkillers to get through the day, then you're doing damage to yourself, pain is your body telling you you need to stop and recover. If you're using chemicals to make the body lie to itself you're almost definitely going to cost yourself QOL in the future.

Jets fans have been complaining all season about how much he and Ryan Kalil suck.
I'll take Kalil & Osemele off their hands, and they can have Mongo & Thanksdad.

Looks like we may be trading him to Baltimore for a CB and draft pick.

Sounds good to me.

Looks like we may be trading him to Baltimore for a CB and draft pick.

Sounds good to me.

Dream on.

31 NFL teams give their new players PHYSICALS before approving trades.

You screwed (as always).

How so ?

Yeah, still not getting it. My point was/is that there is a big difference between a potent NSAID with anti-inflammatory properties and with no potential for addiction and a narcotic, which has no anti-inflammatory properties and significant potential for addiction with regular use. I was merely using the over the counter NSAID options as a reference point to explain the class of medication, for those who have no medical background. I specifically pointed out that it is stronger than the over-the-counter options. Yes, Toradol has its own dangers if overused but overall it is an apples to oranges comparison

It wasn’t a transcription error....it was either ignorance or a deliberate misrepresentation of fact.

Geez Mike Florio missed this story.. as did all the rest of the sports mediots.

Difficult to imagine that this two time probowler could be screwing the pooch..

PFT has two stories about on the topic (story 1, story 2), but neither seems to have gotten much time of that site's front page. I had to go to the page for Jets news to find those. If Florio wanted to be more inflammatory and make a bigger deal out of this story, the material is definitely there.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back