PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the UNTHINKABLE happens, how will 3SB losses affect TB12’s legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't matter. His legacy is already ruined for the most part (thanks Kraft.) Years from now when everyone has forgotten all the details, he'll just be "that cheater" for 96% of fans.

Only by uninformed dopes who don't know better.

brady's been the greatest since 2007 season in my book.

We’re not losing this game. Tom is even more determined than usual. Or, maybe that’s just perception on my part. The Tom vs time thing he did, there’s no ambiguity to what he says

Everyone talks about MJ and JMontana not having lost in the finals which is a stupid argument in my opinion.

But having 3SB losses will be red meat for those that wouldn’t want to consider Brady as the ultimate winner.

He'd go from being the greatest of all time, to being the greatest of all time. Sheesh. Can't people enjoy being in the Super Bowl and root for the win? Not enough?

Last edited:
A win and he should cement his place above Jordan for greatest athlete if he hasn't already.

How many qbs have been to 8 super bowls? Just 1

How many qbs have been to 7 super bowls? Just 1

How many qbs have been to 6 super bowls? Just 1

How many qbs have been to 5 super bowls? Just 2

His legacy will be just fine.

You have to win playoff and championship games to make it to a super bowl. Making it to a super bowl and losing is better than not making it at all.

Anyone who tries to argue differently is obviously a ****ing idiot and you should stop engaging them, unless you're engaging a baseball bat with their knee cap. (Im a little obsessed with smashing in knee caps today)

Last edited:
"Denier" LOL.

Heh, it's the first time I used that word, but I think it's apt. Maybe the reaction to Brady could best be described in the five stages of grief.

There's denial; then SB49 and especially SB51 happened.
There's anger; no need to describe that.
There's bargaining; I'd put a lot of the "rigged" and "cHEatR" talk in this category. Begging ****dell to do something.
There's depression; Many got here after SB51 and definitely after this past AFCCG
There's acceptance; my girlfriend's brother is there and it looks like this..."I respect and admire the hell out of what they do. I wish it was us."

This is about as happy a question as asking how we would feel if the Patriots planes collided in an improbable mid-air collision and the whole team had to be replaced.

I would, however, immediately dismiss that question as ridiculous as Brady would survive the event with his pliability, so at a minimum he would not need to be replaced.:)

Not 49. They were only down there because of a fluke catch

I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Yes, a fluke catch led to the Seahawks getting close to the endzone, but the defense stepped up and won it.

Same as in Super Bowl 42, one of the games that the defense is being blamed for....a fluke catch got the opponent close to the endzone, but the defense didn't close it.

If you are going to argue that SB 42 is on the defense, then I don't see what hte problem is by saying the defense won SB 49 (fluke catch or no fluke catch).

What if he loses this one? 5-3

Makes it to the next 3, and loses ALL of them
To SF and JG

So he’s 5-6
Still 36/37-13 in playoffs
Would hold every passing record ever
Still most SBs ever
But technically TIED
because Jimmy would have 5 too
So he’s the new GOAT

Long as we’re spitballin

How many qbs have been to 8 super bowls? Just 1

How many qbs have been to 7 super bowls? Just 1

How many qbs have been to 6 super bowls? Just 1

How many qbs have been to 5 super bowls? Just 1
/QUOTE]

Elway always played in 5

The fact is, people have been calling for Brady's decline for years now. If Brady doesn't retire in the same year that he wins the league MVP, the Pat's win the Super Bowl, and Brady is named Super Bowl MVP, then people will use that against him as him having declined, hit the wall, doesn't have it anymore, was never that good to begin with, insert any other told you so blah blah blah BS you want.

Any fan arguing that he isn't the GOAT at this point is not ever going to agree that he is. Anything less than perfection for him is used as "proof" that he isn't what we all know he is. The greatest QB to ever play the game, period.

What's unthinkable is that Ian put up a thread ethics or morality reminder probably knowing some dip-**** (not aiming that at anyone in particular) would post up some crap like this. So now I must resort to keeping my justifiable comments to myself.

Legacy? The dude gets to the super bowl almost every other year on average and has won a majority of them.

Great Googly Moogly.

It will be used against him by idiots. The same idiots who believe deflategate was real.

I await Volin’s article arguing that Tannehill’s legacy > Brady because he’s never lost a Super Bowl, or a AFCCG for that matter.

Let's just win please, I want this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand