PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the UNTHINKABLE happens, how will 3SB losses affect TB12’s legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

don't think it will effect his legacy much, but I'm not concerned about his legacy...all I care about is my team winning

The way I judge my football team is how late in teh season I'm playing meaningful games.

If the Pats are in a meaningful game (division/home field) in late December or early January, I'm still "enjoying" the game.

If they're in a meaningful game in mid-to-late-January, it means I care a lot about the playoffs. If they're playing in February (half the time with Brady at the helm), then, well, I've already won.

This idea that it's worse to get to the Superbowl and lose - which is what I'd have to assume, given the OP - than it is to not be in contention, simply doesn't register to me.

Even the bad memories are memories, which is more than most teams can offer their fans year after year.

Brady has been THERE 8 times in 16 years, with several completely different
casts around him. There is no comparison and you'll never see this again.

ENJOY!

For the sake of argument, suppose he loses. I think it changes absolutely nothing. First, he would still have a winning record (5-3). Second, consider that he would have more losses in the Super Bowl than double-digit teams have total appearances in the Super Bowl: NFL Super Bowl appearances by team all time 2018 | Statistic

Pretty incredible. :eek:

Everyone talks about MJ and JMontana not having lost in the finals which is a stupid argument in my opinion.

But having 3SB losses will be red meat for those that wouldn’t want to consider Brady as the ultimate winner.
Hmmm, how will 8 Conference Championships affect his legacy?

Ehhhh...after SB49, SB51, and this year's AFCCG, only the haters would use that to detract. Even before SB51, Kurt Warner, a long time denier, declared TFB the GOAT.

"Denier" LOL.

Win you win 5....

Not much.

Close to zero. His legacy as the winningest QB in the history of the NFL was etched in stone a year ago.

Yeah that 5th SB win and the way they won it really sealed his legacy in most fans eyes.

Everyone talks about MJ and JMontana not having lost in the finals which is a stupid argument in my opinion.

But having 3SB losses will be red meat for those that wouldn’t want to consider Brady as the ultimate winner.
The appearances means he wins tons of playoff games..

Not to worry, even if we lose this one, we're NOT DONE!

EVERY playoff game is a "big all or nothing game" against a good team. Name me the QB who has won more of these kinds of games. Well there are none, and THAT is why Brady is the GOAT.

That Montana is 4-0 in superbowls is totally irrelevant for so many reasons. First and foremost, if he were better than Brady he would have taken his team to the superbowl more often. Brady has had 4 more chances to lose. Secondly, they played in completely different eras. In fact, Montana had the CONSIDERABLE advantage of playing before the current cap rules forced teams to let go key players as often as they do now.

This is a Volin take, right? So why would anyone take it seriously?

It won't matter. His legacy is already ruined for the most part (thanks Kraft.) Years from now when everyone has forgotten all the details, he'll just be "that cheater" for 96% of fans.

The tagline will be Brady should have lost against seattle and atlanta and therefore should be 3-5. :rolleyes:

Close to zero. His legacy as the winningest QB in the history of the NFL was etched in stone a year ago.

Yep. Once you make it to Valhalla you stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes