PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the UNTHINKABLE happens, how will 3SB losses affect TB12’s legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 5-3 is substantially better than 4-4 or 3-5. Heck, lot of the meat head media think Elways is great cause he won 2 superbowls and forgot about the losses.

But having 3SB losses will be red meat for those that wouldn’t want to consider Brady as the ultimate winner.

Nobody will care except the people who enjoy discussing stats and history more than actually watching the game.

Also, what is an ultimate winner ? If you speak in unreasonable superlatives then you can expect people calling you out on it. Neither Jordan nor Gretzky won every important game in their lifes so why would there be other rules for Brady.

There will come a time when the mediots who are currently making a name for themselves via ridiculous attempts to tarnish Brady's legacy will have been completely forgotten.

But Brady's name will still be there in the record books at or near the top of pretty much every category of QB stats.

Making it to the super bowl at least puts you in a position to win it. Losing in the earlier rounds doesn’t. I’ve never understood that argument.

Another thing is that I really doubt a lot of his records will be surpassed

Brady will have as many superbowl appearances as any TEAM in the HISTORY of the game. If he wins, he will have as many WINS as any team in the history of the game. I think it's safe to say that his legacy is only ascending higher.

in my eyes, Brady's legacy....whether you love him or are jealous blind because of him...is already established...

He had already dunked on all the existing postseason records after the 2014 season.

Then 2015-2018 happened and lol.

Yes, this is why I feel comfortable saying that. I mean, what q.v. is gonna come into the league and win that much? Not going to happen and the craziest thing is that you know he’s going to play at least next year

He was cemented as the GOAT after SB 49 in many people's minds. After SB 51 the debate was over. There is nothing left to prove. He is just padding his stats and resume at this point.

He would still be batting .625, even though he would have lost more SBs than all but a handful of QBs have even played in.

Until another QB goes 6-2 in SBs, I don’t think it affects his legacy one bit.

At one point Brady was 10-0 in playoff appearances with 3 Superbowl wins.

Does Brady being 27-9 (17-9 additionally) in the post-season with 4 more SB appearances going 2-2 make him a lesser Quarterback?

Only true haters would proclaim him anything other than the GOAT QB. by any reasonable metric it's not even close to anyone who could be considered 2nd.

m'eh, the defense lost two of them

Not to rehash this argument (or derail this thread) but I have a hard time blaming the defense for Super Bowl 42. Take the fluky plays on the final drive out of it even, holding an opponent to 14 points in the Super Bowl should be good enough to win, especially when you have a record breaking offense.

47 I'll give you, because though the point total looks good on its own, the defense had trouble getting off the field all day, which contributed to the offense's lack of production and flow.

The "Montana never lost in a SB" thing is the easiest indicator of someone being an out and out Brady hater

Montana's 4 SBs were the bookends of him going one-and-done 3 straight years in the playoffs in '85, '86 and '87. 2 of those losses he could only muster 3 points against Belichick's defense. So basically Montana in the prime of his prime went one-and-done 3 straight years.

You know how many times Brady has been one-and-done? Twice during what were considered rebuilding periods in '09 and '10.

Well i would hate to see brady lose a super bowl to nick foles. I think it's time we won a super bowl without drama in the end.

if he throws 6 pick sixes people might question his future, but his legacy is cemented, he is the goat.

Trent Dilfer has also never lost in the final. That’s not a great barometer of success.

Dilfer had an all time defense behind him. The eagles have a good defense but it's not all time.

Not to rehash this argument (or derail this thread) but I have a hard time blaming the defense for Super Bowl 42. Take the fluky plays on the final drive out of it even, holding an opponent to 14 points in the Super Bowl should be good enough to win, especially when you have a record breaking offense.

47 I'll give you, because though the point total looks good on its own, the defense had trouble getting off the field all day, which contributed to the offense's lack of production and flow.

Yeah I tend, to agree. My point was Brady walked off the field with the lead.

On the Tyrie play, there was so much holding it was unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore