PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the UNTHINKABLE happens, how will 3SB losses affect TB12’s legacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Everyone talks about MJ and JMontana not having lost in the finals which is a stupid argument in my opinion.

But having 3SB losses will be red meat for those that wouldn’t want to consider Brady as the ultimate winner.

Ehhhh...after SB49, SB51, and this year's AFCCG, only the haters would use that to detract. Even before SB51, Kurt Warner, a long time denier, declared TFB the GOAT.

Everyone talks about MJ and JMontana not having lost in the finals which is a stupid argument in my opinion.

But having 3SB losses will be red meat for those that wouldn’t want to consider Brady as the ultimate winner.
Trollin Volin ?

If the UNTHINKABLE happens, how will 3SB losses affect TB12’s legacy?

Two things:

1. Brady's legacy will only be positively or negatively affected by minute degrees now IMHO.

2. Unthinkable? The Patriots have been in seven Super Bowls...

...and have either been tied or trailed in the 4th quarter in every single one of them.

The Patriots losing is NOT unthinkable.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the pats losing next week is not unthinkable, it could happen. But it will have little effect on resonable football fans view that tb is the goat. No matter what the haterws will hate.

Don't worry, the legacy is set. It's over. The GOAT QB has been decided.

All that is left is to argue if he is the GOAT football player or maybe even the GOAT American professional athlete.

The Montana is 4-0 argument is of course silly. Ask people making that argument when it was that Joe Montana lost in the playoffs in his 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th best seasons. Because he didn't play just 4 years, you know, and he did lose in the playoffs in those years, and it was before getting to the Super Bowl.

The answer of when he lost, so you don't have to look it up, is three times in the conference championships (24-21, 15-13, and 30-13 losses) and then the 4th best would be one of his 4 one-and dones (losses by scores of 17-3, 49-3, 36-24, 27-17).

Close to zero. His legacy as the winningest QB in the history of the NFL was etched in stone a year ago.

Trent Dilfer has also never lost in the final. That’s not a great barometer of success.

Honestly Brady is just making the rubble bounce at this point. Everything he's done since LI is pure gravy as far as his legacy goes. He's already pushed the career playoff and Super Bowl passing records so far off into the realm of the unreachable that it's just silly and we haven't even played the game yet.

Last time I checked he's already won 5 which for a QB is the most all time.

The Patriots are going for their 6th SB victory which would tie the Steelers for the most SB wins all time.

Unless he throws 5 interceptions and the Eagles rout the Patriots 49-0 I don't think a loss would impact his legacy much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back