PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not even close. Even though the hate 'force' is still strong, the relentless pummeling of the football public by the team has beaten down the Pats haters to the those who are mostly members of the 'hate' jihad, i.e. espn and most of the media. The casual haters are looking on to see how long this train will travel while hoping for a train wreck some day, but they can't help but watch less they miss the opportunity to see history made. That 2007 hate was off the charts.

Where do you live? Maybe if you're in New England, that's true.
I live in a southern coastal area populated by people from all over the country- trust me, the hate is real.
I listen to it every day at work.
F em all. It's 100% jealousy-based.

If they win..I may not sleep for a week

While I think it will be a W, I’m certainly not underestimating the Eagles in this game.

They're in the SB so yeah, theyre capable of giving the Pats problems.
But I feel optimistic about Gronk playing and if he does, I just can't see the Pats losing.
Seattle and Atlanta were both tougher opponents. Different Pats teams,I know, but I think this year's team is right there with 2014 and 2016. Extremely mentally tough, just like those teams were.
I'd be pretty shocked if they lost.

They're in the SB so yeah, theyre capable of giving the Pats problems.
But I feel optimistic about Gronk playing and if he does, I just can't see the Pats losing.
Seattle and Atlanta were both tougher opponents. Different Pats teams,I know, but I think this year's team is right there with 2014 and 2016. Extremely mentally tough, just like those teams were.
I'd be pretty shocked if they lost.
While I agree with you that the Pats are more experienced and better at certain aspects, you can throw all of that crap out of the window about the past Patriot teams, which opponent was tougher in which SB, etc. None of that means a thing on Sunday. That’s just average, casual fan talk. This is a different team in a different year versus a different set of variables.

It’s a one game playoff now. The Eagles pretty much dominated until Wentz went down, and Foles has done a good enough job to continue to lead them in the underdog role, which they’ve fully embraced. They’re top 5 in points on both sides of the ball. I don’t think they’re a team that anyone should be looking past, hence Kontra’s comments.

I can see the Pats losing (in my neo-cortex.) my linbic system thinks we’re invincible. :/

Back in the 80s, last time was there, Atlanta was still clinging to its 60s era nickname, “the city that’s too busy to hate.”

But stuff is closed on Sundays, so this weekend might be an exception.

I don’t think they’re a team that anyone should be looking past, hence Kontra’s comments.

Agreed. Foles aside, this is the same type team and offense that KC ran in game 1.

Now I also believe the Pats' defense is worlds different in both approach, scheme, cohesion, etc, but both sides get a vote in any battle.

I'm thinking the Panthers Super Bowl, PUNCH, COUNTERPUNCH, PUNCH, COUNTERPUNCH all game long. 12 round thriller!

I'm oblivious - anyone got a breakdown of the two kickers? That's who it may all come down to.

I want us to win on a defensive stand in which the Eagles seemingly have a game-winning touchdown pass called back by the catch process like it was in Pittsburgh. Sorry, winning on controversial calls to make everyone else 10x saltier is now something I look forward to

My blood pressure can't take a high stress game at all. I think we be up by 7 and it will be similar to 04 where Foles makes a major mistake and McCourty intercepts to seal the victory late in the fourth quarter.

While I agree with you that the Pats are more experienced and better at certain aspects, you can throw all of that crap out of the window about the past Patriot teams, which opponent was tougher in which SB, etc. None of that means a thing on Sunday. That’s just average, casual fan talk. This is a different team in a different year versus a different set of variables.

It’s a one game playoff now. The Eagles pretty much dominated until Wentz went down, and Foles has done a good enough job to continue to lead them in the underdog role, which they’ve fully embraced. They’re top 5 in points on both sides of the ball. I don’t think they’re a team that anyone should be looking past, hence Kontra’s comments.

Your reading comprehension skills need work:. "..throw all that crap out the window..about previous Pats teams" ?
Are you serious? That's exactly what I said in my post" different Pats teams".
Of course every year is different. Duh.
" Casual average fan talk"?!?
Are you freaking serious?
What a snarky bs post.
I wasn't looking to post an in-depth, X's and o's breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of each team. I certainly could, but I don't have that kind of time.
I'm grateful we got guys on this board who do have the time for it.
My response to kontra- was half facetious. But I'm not underestimating Philly. But I WOULD be shocked if the Pats lost.
This SB should be easier than the last 2.
That has nothing to do with those other years. The 2017 Pat's hold a bigger advantage over the 2017 eagles than the 2014 and 2016 teams held over THEIR opponents. Is that clear enough?
I've looked at all the matchups on both sides of the ball.
Doesn't obviously guarantee a win.
But they SHOULD win.

My response to kontra- was half facetious.

This SB should be easier than the last 2.
Okay, whatever. I don’t really care that much and I’m not sure why you’d be offended, but I respect your opinion and hope that you’re right about it being a much easier game than the last two.

I just don’t know what you have to base that on, that’s all. Go back and read some of the threads and comments before the ATL game last year. You’ll see some of the same talk about blowouts, mismatches, etc. Any team who is top 5 in both offense and defense poses a formidable threat in my opinion. Again, I hope that you’re spot on, though.

Most of the vitriol seems played out. Now it's largely just rote. Well, rote and a weak prayer for Brady's retirement to speed itself along.

After this SB, it's t-shirt time:

8 SBs played
6 rings won
0 Fs (or whatever other level of derisive and dismissive language you choose i.e. "****s", "damns", "darns", "cares") given

This Super Bowl definitely feels like a throwback though. Was used to the deflategate bs being brought up the last two super bowls that I thought the spygate bs would never be brought up again in favour of the newer fresher fake scandal. Heck my friends that are fans of other teams never bring up spygate anymore, just deflategate. I guess one can never underestimate the cluelessness of Philly fans though.

Okay, whatever. I don’t really care that much and I’m not sure why you’d be offended, but I respect your opinion and hope that you’re right about it being a much easier game than the last two.

I just don’t know what you have to base that on, that’s all. Go back and read some of the threads and comments before the ATL game last year. You’ll see some of the same talk about blowouts, mismatches, etc. Any team who is top 5 in both offense and defense poses a formidable threat in my opinion. Again, I hope that you’re spot on, though.

Supafly- not looking for a fight, you're a good poster imo. It was the "casual fan" remark I guess I took offense to. But it's all good.
I agree a lot of people took Atlanta lightly last year. Not me. And I knew Seattle was going to be a formidable team.
Philly has a lit of talent. They also have Foles at QB. If Wentz was playing,much tougher game.
I also see a lot of matchups of our O vs. their D that can be exploited if our ol can buy the time. But I expect a lot of hurry up.
I respect their"rankings", but I think both Ds are about even but Pat's big advantage on O.
Anyway, thanks for the response.

Supafly- not looking for a fight, you're a good poster imo. It was the "casual fan" remark I guess I took offense to. But it's all good.
I agree a lot of people took Atlanta lightly last year. Not me. And I knew Seattle was going to be a formidable team.
Philly has a lit of talent. They also have Foles at QB. If Wentz was playing,much tougher game.
I also see a lot of matchups of our O vs. their D that can be exploited if our ol can buy the time. But I expect a lot of hurry up.
I respect their"rankings", but I think both Ds are about even but Pat's big advantage on O.
Anyway, thanks for the response.
Apologies for misrepresenting my casual fan comment. It wasn’t meant to be directed at you, personally, but more at the popular thinking shared by the masses.

Apologies for misrepresenting my casual fan comment. It wasn’t meant to be directed at you, personally, but more at the popular thinking shared by the masses.

Apology accepted dude. I usually have a thick skin but maybe being bombarded by all the "Cheatriots hate" on a daily basis at work has me a little edgy.
On the game, I do feel confident- but I also expect a battle. If Philly plays mistake-free and Foles has a career game- then I think Philly has a legit shot. But I don't see that happening. I just hope the Pats don't need another miracle comeback for the W. My heart can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back