PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Gronk “shoots his way out of town”. Trades I would love to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Gronk for ODB straight up...I really prefer for Gronk to stay but if it doesn't work out then get the next best available, dominant player.
If they don’t want to pay Gronk 10-11m a year, how would they justify paying OBJ 17+million per year?

That’s not even bringing up the fact that you’d be pissing off the greatest QB to ever play the game, when you’re trying to milk every last year from him.

I think we should trade for Beckham then bench him

If they don’t want to pay Gronk 10-11m a year, how would they justify paying OBJ 17+million per year?

That’s not even bringing up the fact that you’d be pissing off the greatest QB to ever play the game, when you’re trying to milk every last year from him.

Sup really?? You think Brady would be disappointed if he had OBJ instead of Gronk?? Dwayne Allen could play TE it's not like the position would see a football anyway. OBJ - Cooks - Edelman how do any Defense stop that even for a year?? :cool:

Sup really?? You think Brady would be disappointed if he had OBJ instead of Gronk?? Dwayne Allen could play TE it's not like the position would see a football anyway. OBJ - Cooks - Edelman how do any Defense stop that even for a year?? :cool:
We already have a dominating player who knows the offense inside and out; is taking over games, forcing defenses to adjust, and putting up comparable numbers to the elite WR1s in the league, and they are “only” paying him 1/2 of what OBJ wants per year on a long term deal.

How in the world would they bring in an outsider like that and pay him the money that he’s looking for, all while moving one of Brady’s closest friends on the team? No, I don’t think Brady would want to trade Gronk for OBJ, and I don’t think Belichick or the Giants would consider it. I don’t think it makes much sense for either club or either player. Just my opinion.

No disputing the fact that it would be a tough offense to defend, but we already have a deep threat. We need the blocking ability and mid level threat that comes from building a team on a reasonable cap hit, not trying to make an all star team that offers redundancy, and demands more money than Brady makes.

He signed it, that is very true. However, what about when teams sign players to a big contract and then a few years later ask for a restructuring of that contract? He has outplayed that contract and deserves to get paid what he's currently worth. Teams can't have it both ways.

I just feel that Gronk being paid as the 4th highest paid TE is fair.

He signed it, that is very true. However, what about when teams sign players to a big contract and then a few years later ask for a restructuring of that contract? He has outplayed that contract and deserves to get paid what he's currently worth. Teams can't have it both ways.
Yes, actually they can.

Trade Gronk for ODB straight up...I really prefer for Gronk to stay but if it doesn't work out then get the next best available, dominant player.

Saggy pants Bieber and his entourage can watch Beckam from the NE sideline.

Take the highest draft pick for Gronk and move on. There are other good TEs out there. Travis Kelce is no chump. San Diego found Antonio Gates. Jimmy Graham was a beast with a good QB.

Saggy pants Bieber and his entourage can watch Beckam from the NE sideline.

Take the highest draft pick for Gronk and move on. There are other good TEs out there. Travis Kelce is no chump. San Diego found Antonio Gates. Jimmy Graham was a beast with a good QB.
Travis Kelce is an immature, moronic a-hole.

We already have a dominating player who knows the offense inside and out; is taking over games, forcing defenses to adjust, and putting up comparable numbers to the elite WR1s in the league, and they are “only” paying him 1/2 of what OBJ wants per year on a long term deal.

How in the world would they bring in an outsider like that and pay him the money that he’s looking for, all while moving one of Brady’s closest friends on the team? No, I don’t think Brady would want to trade Gronk for OBJ, and I don’t think Belichick or the Giants would consider it. I don’t think it makes much sense for either club or either player. Just my opinion.

No disputing the fact that it would be a tough offense to defend, but we already have a deep threat. We need the blocking ability and mid level threat that comes from building a team on a reasonable cap hit, not trying to make an all star team that offers redundancy, and demands more money than Brady makes.

I will say this sup: if the move presents itself I could see BB being all over it. Again in Gronk's case you are not dealing with him alone...it's Gronk Incorporated. I think the Entourage have grown on BB and this is coming from person who is not a BB fan after the antics he pulled in the SB.

I agree with all you have stated, but I think if you asked TB logically all things being equal and Gronk's head is not in the game, would OBJ be a great consolation prize for his last few years playing? Yes.
The $17mm is the sticking point. I think the best TE money is way cheaper. BUT how much will Cooks demand? If you factor Gronk and Cook together, you might have the better handle on this.
DW Toys

The Patriots got fleeced. Denying that is homerism of the most ridiculously needless sort.

I agree that the Patriots did not come close to getting commensurate value for Jimmy G, but I saw it as Belichick finding the best spot for Garoppolo to flourish than getting "fleeced." I also saw it as a surgical move to get it off his plate once the decision was made. BB saw no reason for a protracted drama in a season with a great shot at another title the way Brady was playing at the time.

If he wanted more value, he could have dangled him out there and found a better deal for the Pats but much worse situation for Garoppolo.

I wish BB had gotten more, but he didn't get "fleeced."

I agree that the Patriots did not come close to getting commensurate value for Jimmy G, but I saw it as Belichick finding the best spot for Garoppolo to flourish than getting "fleeced." I also saw it as a surgical move to get it off his plate once the decision was made. BB saw no reason for a protracted drama in a season with a great shot at another title the way Brady was playing at the time.

If he wanted more value, he could have dangled him out there and found a better deal for the Pats but much worse situation for Garoppolo.

I wish BB had gotten more, but he didn't get "fleeced."

He got taken to the cleaners, which you acknowledge with your words I've put in bold. Whether he made the deal knowing he was going to get fleeced/hosed/robbed, and being comfortable with that, is a different issue. Making bad deals is something that happens, and sometimes it happens as part of a larger strategy (though we can only guess as to whether or not that's the case here).

He got taken to the cleaners, which you acknowledge with your words I've put in bold. Whether he made the deal knowing he was going to get fleeced/hosed/robbed, and being comfortable with that, is a different issue. Making bad deals is something that happens, and sometimes it happens as part of a larger strategy (though we can only guess as to whether or not that's the case here).
Have to agree. He could have gotten worse case scenario, a player or two.
Plus the second.
Without a doubt he could have shipped him to the Cards for a first and? They were as desperate.
But he never picked up the phone.....why? Maybe we know some day.
DW Toys

We won a Super Bowl without Gronkowski. Obviously having him on the field makes our team better, but we can still be the best without him. Look at the Jaguars game for example. Gronk got knocked out and Brady started playing better than he had before. This might be just me, but Brady starts looking to distribute the ball more around the field without Gronk - throwing it to more open players. Again, I wholeheartedly believe that having Gronkowski on the field makes our offense better. But, I wouldn't mind trading Gronkowski to another team for a 1st round pick in the 8-15 range. Just imagine having that draft capital. A (I'll take the average) 12th overall pick, 31st overall pick, 43rd overall pick, and 64th overall pick. I would assume we'd trade the 12th down for additional value and still be able to pick up a top OT/DE/LB and then have much more flexibility with our later first round pick.

Again, Gronkowski on the Patriots gives us the best Patriots offense. But, if we were to gain an upper-middle first round pick for Gronk, I would feel that our team would be better, since we'd be able to address a few more needs that were heavily exposed in the Super Bowl. When looking at the entire scope of things, I think that Brady could still take a Gronk-less team to the AFC Championship Game at the very least. We have a very strong WR group that could be a top 5 unit when everyone is on the field. This dynasty hasn't always had Gronk; it always hasn't had a top-flight TE on some of its best teams. We've been a bit spoilt with the level of talent on our offense, but it might be time for a reset.

We won a Super Bowl without Gronkowski. Obviously having him on the field makes our team better, but we can still be the best without him. Look at the Jaguars game for example. Gronk got knocked out and Brady started playing better than he had before. This might be just me, but Brady starts looking to distribute the ball more around the field without Gronk - throwing it to more open players. Again, I wholeheartedly believe that having Gronkowski on the field makes our offense better. But, I wouldn't mind trading Gronkowski to another team for a 1st round pick in the 8-15 range. Just imagine having that draft capital. A (I'll take the average) 12th overall pick, 31st overall pick, 43rd overall pick, and 64th overall pick. I would assume we'd trade the 12th down for additional value and still be able to pick up a top OT/DE/LB and then have much more flexibility with our later first round pick.

Again, Gronkowski on the Patriots gives us the best Patriots offense. But, if we were to gain an upper-middle first round pick for Gronk, I would feel that our team would be better, since we'd be able to address a few more needs that were heavily exposed in the Super Bowl. When looking at the entire scope of things, I think that Brady could still take a Gronk-less team to the AFC Championship Game at the very least. We have a very strong WR group that could be a top 5 unit when everyone is on the field. This dynasty hasn't always had Gronk; it always hasn't had a top-flight TE on some of its best teams. We've been a bit spoilt with the level of talent on our offense, but it might be time for a reset.
Cousin, Penciling in Draft picks is dangerous. 17%-19% chance of Draft success to be around and a real solid NFL player that is a Pro Bowler, Starter or valued back up. Good Teams keep fewer Draft picks in three years.OT/DE/LB starters from the 2018 Draft would be like hitting four home runs in a game. You can do it but.............
Right now on the Pats there is only on starter that has made it the three year rule.
There is 8 back ups. The Pats are at 16.9% success rate. This does not include UDFA. I think BB is stout on those.
DW Toys

I will say this sup: if the move presents itself I could see BB being all over it. Again in Gronk's case you are not dealing with him alone...it's Gronk Incorporated. I think the Entourage have grown on BB and this is coming from person who is not a BB fan after the antics he pulled in the SB.
I’m not doubting the possibility of a trade, but I would have a hard time envisioning another, much more extreme case of a diva who just happens to be looking for an annual average salary that pays him more than Antonio Brown’s 17m dollars. Does that really sound like a Belichick move to you?

He barely wanted to pay Randy Moss 9m a year after Moss put up 23 TDs and was the focal point piece of a record setting offense that was within a minute of going 19-0. According to Moss, he actually had to turn down other higher paying offers to stay here on a hometown discount. And that’s a guy who had obviously grasped the offense very quickly and efficiently.

At the end of the day, you just shouldn’t do anything else to piss Brady off, and that’s not bringing up the fact that Gronk is a generational talent whose blocking and receiving skills are second to none. I’d rather have Gronk than any first round draft pick, even if that includes a good player, which it probably wouldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes