PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Cam is returning, we need a better QB room around him.

From value chart:

#7 (1500) = #15 (1050) + #46 (440) + late pick?

When KC moved up from #27 to #10 for Mahomes: they paid way more than the pt value, w/ 2 #1's

#10 (1300) = #27 (680) + #91 (136) + 2018 #22 (780) = 1596

I agree with all that, if we were packaging all those picks for Lawrence. Otherwise, like Ring says, wait for Jones to fall at #15.

I don't trust the #3-#4 to be the QBOF.

not bills favorite move, but could see a 2022 in the mix

Have any of these guys been identified as a Mahomes type?

if they are going to go QB first round, they've gotta move up......otherwise wait for mond or newman or trask....even mills

I watched all of Mills tape and he is clearly someone who will be on our draft board.

he has missed some time and in the proper system, he could develop into a capable starter,

I watched all of Mills tape and he is clearly someone who will be on our draft board.

he has missed some time and in the proper system, he could develop into a capable starter,

really everyone but lawrence needs development.......do we read into the cam as the mentor and look at lance or mond or newman?......but mills has the tools for sure....and can be had later - but there's going to be so much in flux with the QB market, it really is about keeping options open

i just really, really am not enthralled with mac jones........i'd love to be proven wrong, but......

really everyone but lawrence needs development.......do we read into the cam as the mentor and look at lance or mond or newman?......but mills has the tools for sure....and can be had later - but there's going to be so much in flux with the QB market, it really is about keeping options open

i just really, really am not enthralled with mac jones........i'd love to be proven wrong, but......

I will never but into the newton as a mentor,
that makes no sense.

the real question is will bb change the offense in order to accommodate a strong running game and running qb?

I would put it this way:

You can win one Super Bowl without high end/elite QB talent, especially if you've got an elite defense. But, if you want the chance to win multiple SBs, you pay what's needed to get your QB. That's been true almost without exception. And, given the amount of money the Patriots have to play with this year and next, and the poor recent draft history, this is a perfect time to package picks (even a lot of picks) for a move up, if that's what's desired. You can fill in the gaps with free agents.
What teams have “paid to get their qb and won multiple SBs”

that makes no sense.

the real question is will bb change the offense in order to accommodate a strong running game and running qb?

i'm assuming our search starts at QB4....

mills wouldn't be the worst fit in a power running/PA type offense, would he?

Exactly. He ended up signing Cam. Now he does it again. He didn't draft a QB last year and if he does rhis draft, it won't be in the 1st round. This is Deja vu. People are in denial.

Been around a while; I remember when folks here said BB would never ever draft a RB in the first, would never draft a WR in the first; would never sign the highest priced FA cb (hell, he did that twice).

So I take your deja vu 'people are in denial' with a bit of scepticism.

Facts are, we don't know how bb rates each of the QBs for "value" nor what he thinks the OTHER TEAM's ratings are; so we have NO clue what he would be willing to give up to move around.
I'm pretty sure he goes into the draft with options and plans to go up, stay put, AND fall back depending on what happens in the slots he can't move into.

And whatever happens, we will likely never know what all MIGHT have been (who he was lusting after, but couldn't get).

that won't be enough. But, yes.
Upon further consideration, 2 first might be enough, or our 1st and 2nd this year.

My personal bottom line is that if Belichick thinks that he has a reasonable chance at a top 10 quarterback at 5 or later, then he should do what it takes to get him.

that makes no sense.

What is the issue with Cam as a mentor? Bill has repeatedly said that Cam works incredibly hard, is always first in and last out of training and has integrated himself into the team really well and can't speak highly enough of how he carries himself and his work ethic.

What is the issue with Cam as a mentor? Bill has repeatedly said that Cam works incredibly hard, is always first in and last out of training and has integrated himself into the team really well and can't speak highly enough of how he carries himself and his work ethic.
Was Cam a mentor to Stidham?

Exactly.

Cam Newton is not a backup per himself. In my opinion, if we draft a rookie QB in the first round (which I don’t think we will) Cam is not good enough to be the starter no matter what. If the rookie shows promise in Camp and Cam will do anything to keep the starting job. He will certainly not help the rookie to take his place.

Upon further consideration, 2 first might be enough, or our 1st and 2nd this year.

My personal bottom line is that if Belichick thinks that he has a reasonable chance at a top 10 quarterback at 5 or later, then he should do what it takes to get him.

that's a long time between picks this year.......wonder if our first this year, a 3rd and maybe something next year......or this years first and a package including a 2nd next year

do we know he wasn't?

in the shortened season and with all that happened, i am guessing it was a scramble just to stay on pace........but by all accounts, cam is a professional.....does his film work, comports himself well, is a quality teammate........all traits that can be passed to a young QB

Exactly.

Cam Newton is not a backup per himself. In my opinion, if we draft a rookie QB in the first round (which I don’t think we will) Cam is not good enough to be the starter no matter what. If the rookie shows promise in Camp and Cam will do anything to keep the starting job. He will certainly not help the rookie to take his place.

yeah, no

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back