PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brissett were to be released, would you have interest in bringing him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Brady or no Brady. This is more about having him as a backup if nothing else. Maybe a bridge guy if Tom walks.

Hearing rumors he could be a potential cut candidate.

If Brissett were available, I would consider him along with all the other veteran quarterbacks. Personally, I would prefer Bridgewater.

Don’t see why they’d pay a $10M+ price tag on a guy they traded for a semi-bust receiver.

I see him as much more likely to be traded considering most teams would take him at *some* price, and at least one of those teams probably has enough to just keep him at his present salary. That said, if he does hit the open market and we don't have Brady, it's a no brainer to me. If we do have Brady, I'd only take Brissett on an unrealistically cheap contract.

So, a lot of "ifs", meaning probably not.

No brainer. He’s the best available QB we could get if Brady doesn’t return (unless Dak leaves Dallas).

If Brissett were available, I would consider him along with all the other veteran quarterbacks. Personally, I would prefer Bridgewater.
I dunno man, I think he has a much higher ceiling than Bridgewater.

yes on Teddy for the Bridge years

That's 20 million less than than an immobile Brady. Where do we sign?

why would anyone want this? Brissette has shown that he is a career back up player. Besides, the Colts have gobs of cap space. Pretty sure that they have a cap space to carry a 21 million dollar cap hit this year and use him as a bridge qb while they look for their next starter.

Would rather ride with Jarrett Stidham and see what he can bring over the course of a full season than bring back Jacoby Brisette. You want to bring in a vet back up? offer a contract to Brian Hoyer

WHY would you bring back a player who was traded because he didn't fit here? All he did in Indianapolis was prove it was the correct decision. Brissett is on the low side of mediocre.

Last edited:
WHY would you bring back a player who was traded because he didn't fit here? All he did in Indianapolis was prove it was the correct decision. Brissett is on the low side of mediocre.
I wouldn’t say he was traded due to fit - I would look at the trade as a simple case of Bill deciding at that time, in that year, that the need for depth at WR was greater than the need at 3rd string QB.

Rather see what Stidham has ... Brissett is an average at best QB.

I wouldn’t say he was traded due to fit - I would look at the trade as a simple case of Bill deciding at that time, in that year, that the need for depth at WR was greater than the need at 3rd string QB.
OK, let's rephrase it to: the Patriots considered him expendable because he wasn't good enough to command a roster space at quarterback. Is that better? :confused:

OK, let's rephrase it to: the Patriots considered him expendable because he wasn't good enough to command a roster space at quarterback. Is that better? :confused:
Maybe, but can we say definitively that he would’ve been cut if that specific trade didn’t manifest itself?

The most likely scenario of course is the one you’re presenting, but I don’t think the door is definitively closed on the player just because BB traded him for a different player that he needed more at that time a few years ago.

Maybe, but can we say definitively that he would’ve been cut if that specific trade didn’t manifest itself?

The most likely scenario of course is the one you’re presenting, but I don’t think the door is definitively closed on the player just because BB traded him for a different player that he needed more at that time a few years ago.
You tell me. The Pats didn't carry three QBs that season after his exit. Brissett's play regressed during the preseason that year which is why he was third on the depth chart. He has been little more than a placeholder in Indy going 11-19 as a starter. He forever will be limited by his mechanics. I'd be shocked if he was brought back to New England in anything but a backup role.

No. If Brady leaves, I’d just as soon bring in Bridgewater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots