PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If BB believes in Cyrus Jones, I do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question how much Alabama players develop, I voiced that concern when we drafted him. Saban usually usually gets the most out of these guys

I question how much Alabama players develop, I voiced that concern when we drafted him. Saban usually usually gets the most out of these guys

Really? Exhibit A, one Donte Hightower: struggled rookie year, developed and got better each year since and is now a probowler and one of the best at his position in the nfl.

Really? Exhibit A, one Donte Hightower: struggled rookie year, developed and got better each year since and is now a probowler and one of the best at his position in the nfl.

Not really a fair comparison, he was a first round draft pick. How many guys from that school who have have not been good. How many good players were taken in the second round or later

!!!BTW - check out who made one of the quiet, but more important plays of the game down the stretch!!!!

5:24 of the video - - BB doesn't mention him by name, but he draws a circle around him and it's quite obvious that that was Flacco's primary read on the crucial 3rd down Ninko sack when the Ravens were threatening to go ahead.

Belichick Breakdown: Top Plays from Patriots vs. Ravens

I'm impressed that the kid who seemed to be having an awful time on some big plays hung in there and persevered mentally to do his job.

Last edited:
!!!BTW - check out who made one of the quiet, but more important plays of the game down the stretch!!!!

5:24 of the video - - BB doesn't mention him by name, but he draws a circle around him and it's quite obvious that that was Flacco's primary read on the crucial 3rd down Ninko sack when the Ravens were threatening to go ahead.

Belichick Breakdown: Top Plays from Patriots vs. Ravens

I'm impressed that the kid who seemed to be having an awful time on some big plays hung in there and persevered mentally to do his job.

Also worth noting in that video is that BB highlights a play with Elandon Roberts crucial penetration for safety by Brown. Roberts has been a key factor in many goal line plays this year already both defending Pats goal line or attacking opponents. Its pretty amazing he picks him up since this was the only snap Roberts had in a game. I really hope he shakes off the late injuries (jaw, hammy) and finds his way back for more crucial snaps .. hopefully already against Denver.

Also worth noting in that video is that BB highlights a play with Elandon Roberts crucial penetration for safety by Brown. Roberts has been a key factor in many goal line plays this year already both defending Pats goal line or attacking opponents. Its pretty amazing he picks him up since this was the only snap Roberts had in a game. I really hope he shakes off the late injuries (jaw, hammy) and finds his way back for more crucial snaps .. hopefully already against Denver.

Elandon has been spectacular against the run...he'd be great to have to stop Denver's running game and limit them offensively.

If you recall, last year during the regular season, Denver ran against us effectively, when Hightower went down with his injury. I don't want to see that happen to us again.

Give him some garbage time reps and get his confidence up. The kid will be ok.
I feel like that was essentially what BB was doing when Jones botched the punt. Earlier in the game he had Chung out there as a safety blanket fielding punts with Jones and then when we were up big in the second half, he just put out Jones who then vomited on himself.

Can we specify to Belichick that "garbage time reps" can only come with less than a minute to play while we're up 5 scores? My blood pressure pleads.

None of you motha fockers who are hating on this kid like he personally gave you face aids are gonna eat a single slice of crow if he grows and matures into a solid player for them. You'll be too busy moving on to hate on the next rookie who has the audacity to make mistakes.

Do I want Cyrus back there returning kicks? Hell no, not any time soon. But ************ some of you have no patience for developing a player.

Elandon has been spectacular against the run...he'd be great to have to stop Denver's running game and limit them offensively.

If you recall, last year during the regular season, Denver ran against us effectively, when Hightower went down with his injury. I don't want to see that happen to us again.

Denvers run game went down with Anderson.

I was just about to post this ;)

Still, it ws one terrible play, unless BB now instructs them in big situation with fast WRs, to let them have the big play as long as they play the tight 5 yards from scrimmage.

I'm fine for giving him a chance, but his head isn't anywhere near being in the game now.

Yeah, that Hightower kids has been stagnant.

Jones has played decently as a CB, he took Coleman's spot. He obviously has talent as a returner, he just has some sort of mental block. Shut him down for the year or use him against the Jets/Phins...and then make a decision about that role.

Cyrus is BB's key to his plan to throw games at the end of the season to keep other teams out of the playoffs.

Jones just wanted make the game interesting n close and put us fans on the edge of our seats

P.s Jones please don't do it again I have no nails left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick