PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the final edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady, "I really love playing with Phil." I'm keeping this quote.

I will surely miss your weekly Idle Thoughts. It’s the one thread I still enjoy. I’m spending less time here, almost no time reading sports media and no longer follow football accounts on Twitter. I’m tired of the opinions, hot takes, and blow hards.

In other news, my marriage is better than ever!

Ken, you and Reiss are my favorite Pats reads.
You'll be sorely missed but I don't know how the hell you stayed up half the night grinding out your great column. Yeah, that's right, I said column, because it's more professional than most of those who get paid to do it.
I always found that funny, that you, a fan,albeit a very knowledgeable one, could write post-game comments with more objectivity than most of the so-called pros. You never seemed to have an agenda.
You'll be greatly missed. I'll echo everybody else here and hope maybe we get an occasional write-up or two. Thanks for all you've done.

I love your thread Ken ... but I understand your sentiment.
Whatever you decide in the future I am sure the forum will appreciate whatever you type.

What’s a man to do at 2am with nothing but his thoughts? Ken, you’re the real thing, no matter the length and breadth of your discourse. Carry on in the manner of your choosing.

The thing that real jumped out at me was Brady stepping into his throws. Before yesterday I noticed him throwing a lot off his back foot even with no pressure. Yesterday, he was stepping into his throws, not to mention moving around in the pocket better than I have seen all year.

It was also nice to see Jules running out of bounds or ducking contact. Hate it when he sacrifices himself for an additional meaningless yard.

I am a rare poster here, but a daily lurker, and the Idle Thoughts posts are something I look forward to every week. I have been a fan since your usenet days and I have learned so much from your posts. Thank you.

PatFanKen, Thank you! Your in depth analyses have been informative and thoughtful throughout many seasons!

Even Madam Secretary will miss you! ;)

I never liked you, Ken. Your long winded rants meandering down dead end pathways have always aggravated me. Get lost and don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out, either...:mad:

the above post is SARCASM...relax everybody...just when he thought he'd gotten out , we pull him back in...

Thanks Ken for providing a must read weekly game recap. Your threads will be missed. Thanks again.

I will surely miss your weekly Idle Thoughts. It’s the one thread I still enjoy. I’m spending less time here, almost no time reading sports media and no longer follow football accounts on Twitter. I’m tired of the opinions, hot takes, and blow hards.

In other news, my marriage is better than ever!

Enjoy whatever you do to replace sports.

Thanks Ken for lots of great Idle Thoughts.

Reactions: Ian
This has been far and away one of the most enjoyable threads that I've looked forward to reading each week from one of the most terrific posters on here. You're one of the best, @patfanken - not much else I can say and hopefully you know how fortunate we all are to have you here.

Don't worry Ian. I will take over Ken's write ups and they will be so horrific and unreadable that it will force Ken out of retirement. :D

Ken like several others I am an infrequent poster here, but a regular lurker. Your Idle Thoughts (check on getting a patent on the name) was must reading for me. I always looked forward to it and will miss it

You were always respectful, never pompous, thoughtful and wrote from "the gut. "

Thank you.

What’s a man to do at 2am with nothing but his thoughts? Ken, you’re the real thing, no matter the length and breadth of your discourse. Carry on in the manner of your choosing.

I agree. Ken is the real thing. It's what I enjoyed most about his posts. Genuine. He's played the game at a high level and is always in tune/grounded with his thoughts. I'd love to drink a beer with him sometime just to listen to his old football stories.

Don't worry Ian. I will take over Ken's write ups and they will be so horrific and unreadable that it will force Ken out of retirement. :D
LOL - pretty sure I have that covered with what I put out there - but it's not enough to keep him from hanging up his cleats. We'll need to see if maybe we can get him to do 5 things he came away with...or something quick and easy. His knowledge and insight have always been solid and it's been a lot of fun to read over the years...but I understand and just appreciate who he is and all he's done. Definitely one in a million.

LOL - pretty sure I have that covered with what I put out there - but it's not enough to keep him from hanging up his cleats. We'll need to see if maybe we can get him to do 5 things he came away with...or something quick and easy. His knowledge and insight have always been solid and it's been a lot of fun to read over the years...but I understand and just appreciate who he is and all he's done. Definitely one in a million.

Your stuff is good as well Ian. Don't sell yourself short.

Leave the horrific writing to me. You're incapable of it. haha

I’ll miss your weekly write up too. Thanks for all the past efforts, enjoyed every one. +1 to the poster who hoped that every now and then you still decide to weigh in with a long form post.

Just to show you how amazing he is - here's his entire history of these, going back to 2006:

All of Ken's "Idle Thoughts"

(and there would have been more if I hadn't lost data in a crash before I put us on our own server - he's been doing this since the beginning)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye