PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wish Denver would leave Dan Graham in Foxboro when the game is over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I really miss the superb blocking of Dan and wish Denver would forget him after the game and leave him in Foxboro ;)

Imagine how much better protected the line would be this year with Dan helping out and how much of a factor he was with aiding the running game when there were no initial holes to push through on screens

Our tight ends have been horrid in blocking as Thomas and Watson are terrible in that area and the Kyle Brady project was probably the only bad pickup last season as K.Brady did nothing like his resume had previously shown.

Dan was never a big pass catching threat but he was not made to be one in this offense,he was the extra OL we had a luxury of having and at crucial times was a solid 3rd and long target.

This years team could have used Graham this season more than ever,Lets kidnap him while he is on his way to the Broncos player's bus ;)

I talked about Asante's departure as a big loss to this years team in another thread and now that the offensive juggernaut is over in 2007 when we didn't need him and his first return to Foxboro since he was let go reminds me of how much I miss Dan here.

Yeah I miss Graham too though he seems pretty happy to be back in Denver where he played his college football and where some of his family may be. Did anyone see the recent Sporting News issue that named Boston as the #1 Sports City in America? It had David Ortiz and Paul Pierce on the cover. Anyway, they go through the rankings and for Denver they had a quote from Graham which was was not so flattering about Boston's fans.

Positive feedback for you, just because the title is one of the best I've seen in a while.

Regards,
Chris

Graham was a good player for us in an unappreciated role. But, he hit the free agent market and priced himself out of town. Same as Assante. There is nothing we can do about this because you can't pay every player top dollar. This is part of how the leaugue jams parity down our throats.
With all the heat that certain players on this team have taken recently, it amazes me that Ben Watson has escaped pretty much unscathed. A tight end with poor blocking skills is not a first round draft pick, in IMO.
And to watch Thomas wiff as guys fly by him has been pretty disappointing too. I think its safe to say that we've gotten nothing from the tight end position (few receptions and poor blocking) so far this year.
Graham would look good right about now. Its just too bad he got so expensive!

As an early critic of 'Hands of Stone' Graham, I too wish he were here but the realities of the salary cap era prevent us from re-signing every really good vet, especially when someone sets a very high market price. Part of the fault laid on management is failure to find a pure blocking TE. I'm sure BB felt that he could find or develop an adequate blocker.

And I'd much perfer Graham back to Samuel if given a choice. Graham much improved his pass catching game with time.

Maybe we can get Shanahan to take Watson as a newer and younger replacement!!

"Hey Rat-Face...come're. we got a good deal for you, we'll take that old guy that hardly ever touches the ball for you guys, and give you this younger faster stud who is a football catching machine, your team will be much better because you are now short a good pass catching TE with Scheffter's groin all busted up....better hope that doesn't turn into Grape Nuts disease(AKA Winslow ballitis)..
We're doing you a favor, as we like the way you guys are chuckin it ll over the field embarrassing folks"

Well, whattaya think?

Yes, he is missed. The team has struggled to replace him and his role....

Like Adam V, AT, and Ty Law -- Dan Graham is dead to me. I don't hate him or wish him ill will. But there are 53 players I want to see do will this Monday (well 44). The donkeys can take there 53 home with them.

Like Adam V, AT, and Ty Law -- Dan Graham is dead to me. I don't hate him or wish him ill will. But there are 53 players I want to see do will this Monday (well 44). The donkeys can take there 53 home with them.

I'd swap Watson for Graham in a heartbeat, and the Patriots and Broncos would each still have 53 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes