PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I refuse to believe Brian Flores is this dumb

I've said this before and I'll say it again- the biggest mistake he made was going to Miami. He works for one of if not the most incompetent owner in the NFL.

I really doubt he has the same autonomy that BB has here, so likely he is dealing with plenty of pushback.

It's not so much that they called an all-out blitz in a 3rd and long situation, but had a cover 2 zone try to account for three receivers. That's a horrendous play design, so ultimately it's on Flores for letting that slip into the game plan, or be the call for that particular snap (he could have overrode the DC over the headset).

Its probably the first time ive seen a 3rd and 20 play where a wr takes a short slant and scores a td untouched.

Are players playing for themselves helping or hurting a team? It's tough to look great out there with 10 (or even 5) guys who don't give a F at this point. The fact is they brought in Flores and either told him that they were trading everyone, or screwed him over. 0-16 is a tough way to start a coaching career. Starting completely over next year is going to be tough because as another poster noted you don't change the culture overnight.

That was a bizarre play call though. Something to knock them out of FG range maybe but they weren't there yet already.

Honestly can't see how a HC could allow that defensive alignment on 3rd & long at half's end. If the DC called it, call time out. Hire new DC in January for 2020.

Hahahahahhaha that looks like engage eight from madden. The worst play in madden history

Why not just call some sort of zone blitz with 5 or 6 rushers? Could force ball out quick and even if you don’t get there you can definitely protect the sticks

They are trying to get the number 1 pick.
My guess they will get their first win when the next worst team wins 1

They’re not trying to win.

I mean he did send Gronk out deep one time...

He is anything but dumb. He is competing with the Bengals and Jets.

PS the nfl needs a damned lottery
I don’t think they do because tanking isn’t a worthwhile strategy in the NFL until proven otherwise.

Were all the vets Miami got rid of that unfixable? It seems like it'll be impossible to rely on a bunch of draft picks and new players, especially given how dicey it is drafting players. There's a twenty year graveyard of early round picks over the past 20 years that haven't helped the Browns, for example.

Belichick kept a good amount of inherited veterans when he rebuilt the team, and many of them are the stars of the first 3 super bowl wins and what we think of core, BB Patriot-style players (e.g., Bru, Troy, Lawyer, Law, etc.).

Imo I think Flores needed 1-2 more years as a coordinator before becoming a head coach. I also think he’s over his head.

However I am glad he left, Mayo and Steve B are doing a great job with this defense.

I mean he did send Gronk out deep one time...

Gronk was in the hail mary package which was deployed a few times. Makes sense to put him in there- he was tall, strong, and could outmuscle anyone to bat away the ball.

And here I thought the Dolphins were tanking at tanking.

Gronk was in the hail mary package which was deployed a few times. Makes sense to put him in there- he was tall, strong, and could outmuscle anyone to bat away the ball.

I didn’t know Ryan Tannehill could throw the football 70+ yards.

It's not so much that they called an all-out blitz in a 3rd and long situation, but had a cover 2 zone try to account for three receivers. That's a horrendous play design, so ultimately it's on Flores for letting that slip into the game plan, or be the call for that particular snap (he could have overrode the DC over the headset).

Just saw the all-22 on that play- hard to tell if it was supposed to be a cover 2 or 3, looks like at least one blown assignment because two CB's ended up shading one receiver on the weak side. The cushions were way too deep.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back