Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Here's a comparison between the SB38 and SB51 versions:
Patriots two-point conversion deja vu

One thing that stood out to me was that in SB38 they snapped it (slightly) diagonally so the ball went straight to Faulk.

But in SB51 they snapped it straight back to Brady and White had to lean over and extend his arms and grab the ball right in front of Brady.

I thought that was a nice touch that may have made it look more like an actual bad snap.

And you know they got that right in practice all the time, too. If there was only one time in practice where White was just a second late, causing an errant snap, Belichick wouldn't have run that play.

And you know they got that right in practice all the time, too. If there was only one time in practice where White was just a second late, causing an errant snap, Belichick wouldn't have run that play.

Actually, the opposite happened. The snap went over Brady's head in practice and they didn't run it again. The coaching staff has a ton of trust in them calling that failed play in such a critical moment in the actual game.

Regards,
Chris

Just one of the many "this has to go our way or we lose" plays IN that fabulous game. Couldn't have dreamed 14-15-16 would be this great after all the good fortune at the beginning of TB's career.

Here's a comparison between the SB38 and SB51 versions:
Patriots two-point conversion deja vu

One thing that stood out to me was that in SB38 they snapped it (slightly) diagonally so the ball went straight to Faulk.

But in SB51 they snapped it straight back to Brady and White had to lean over and extend his arms and grab the ball right in front of Brady.

I thought that was a nice touch that may have made it look more like an actual bad snap.

I agree. They did adjust the snap. No stone left unturned and no detail too small with that team.

I'll be the Saturday night dooch and ask....Why? Why screw with it? BB can't possibly be paranoid that some DC will sniff out a play that was run 13 years ago?

Or is he......?

Last edited:
Thanks. Hadn't read that. It's a departure from the status quo.

On a related note, the MMQB interview with Brady is a good listen. Part 1 is the SB breakdown. Brady goes into great detail on that and a lot of plays. He also mentions how in 2014 a backshoulder throw to LaFell failed in practice, then worked perfectly that Sunday in Green Bay. Brady recounts how LaFell said after the practice miscue, "I think we need to work on that" and Brady replied, "No, we're good." :)

Regards,
Chris

On a related note, the MMQB interview with Brady is a good listen. Part 1 is the SB breakdown. Brady goes into great detail on that and a lot of plays. He also mentions how in 2014 a backshoulder throw to LaFell failed in practice, then worked perfectly that Sunday in Green Bay. Brady recounts how LaFell said after the practice miscue, "I think we need to work on that" and Brady replied, "No, we're good." :)

Regards,
Chris
The man personifies confidence

Faulk has said before that they practiced that play every practice. I forget the exact if that meant the whole 03 season leading up to SB38 or even longer as they used that play a few more times through the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back