PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Hope the PATs don't go 16-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
"At that point, do you really think the Pats would lose to Miami at home?"

they lost to them last year at 9-3

I have no freaking clue what you are arguing now.
First it seemed you were trying to say that going 16-0 would mean we went all out and sacrificed our playoff chances.
Now it seems you are arguing that they aren't good enough to go 16-0.

I think you are just arguing to argue.

What a stupid thread.

You're a Pats fan and you're saying you want the Pats to lose a game?

Who says the Pats can't rest starters and still win a game?

To HOPE they lose as a game as a fan is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Well, I obviously never hope for them to lose, but my point was that they should rest their starters even if undefeated after week 14 (assuming the Colts and Boys will have 12 wins only) and if they do, I think the Giants and Fins will have it out for us amidst a media circus of epic proportions (and would start Eli, Green et. al. against our second string). And I'd rather lose to the Fins (I think?) tough one...

Historically, not playing for 3 weeks (have to assume the Patriots get the bye if they go 16-0 :) ) has had mixed results. I wouldn't hang your hat on resting your starters being either good or bad a priori.

It was pointed out recently that Parcells did not rest his starters with BB as his assistant at the end of the season. The thought being that BB might follow in those footsteps. BB has also made it clear numerous times that the Patriots play to win and that this is the goal every week. That he puts the best players he can in the best position he can to win the game. Personally, I think few starters would be rested while the game is up in the air. Let's just hope that we have the chance to find out.

Last edited:
I have no freaking clue what you are arguing now.
First it seemed you were trying to say that going 16-0 would mean we went all out and sacrificed our playoff chances.
Now it seems you are arguing that they aren't good enough to go 16-0.

I think you are just arguing to argue.[/QUOT]

you said that it's a certainty they would beat miami in week 16 while resting starters. I was pointing out that we can lose a game to them late in the season.

What a stupid thread.

You're a Pats fan and you're saying you want the Pats to lose a game?

Who says the Pats can't rest starters and still win a game?

To HOPE they lose as a game as a fan is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Then don't respond moron. If you read any of my comments you would see that I specifically said I hope they don't ever lose, but if going 16-0 means hindering their chances of being at full strength (playbook secrecy, fatigue, injuries etc.) then I hope they don't go 16-0. I HOPE you go back to the really intelligent thread you on before you came and stay there.

Resting players because they could get injured is not what football is about. BB said something along those lines during preseason. Football players play football and they get injured. That's what happens. Brady could go down at any time even on the first snap in the Super Bowl. Winning a potential 15th or 16th game in one regular season is not pointless. Watch the America's Game about the 1991 Redskins and you will see that it is important to players and coaches.

It is a long way off though.

Look those Redskins up and see how rediculous they were that year and how these Patriots compare so far.

<< If you read any of my comments you would see that I specifically said I hope they don't ever lose >>

You titled the godamn thread "I HOPE THE PATS DONT GO 16-0"

You can't have both. If they DONT LOSE, then they go 16-0.

How you propose on them NOT going 16-0 WITHOUT LOSING A GAME I'd love to hear.

i hate all this 16-0 talk but i suppose the hype is only natural

over here, the odds on the patriots to go 19-0 is 14-1.
i know people are dismissing it, but at those odds, are they worth a bet??????

<< If you read any of my comments you would see that I specifically said I hope they don't ever lose >>

You titled the godamn thread "I HOPE THE PATS DONT GO 16-0"

You can't have both. If they DONT LOSE, then they go 16-0.

How you propose on them NOT going 16-0 WITHOUT LOSING A GAME I'd love to hear.

I more or less just wanted to discuss to possible choices BB would have to make and the ramifications of it; perhaps i mistitled my thread.

Last edited:
We have the best coach in the league at understanding that when presented with a choice, you take the 51 percent chance over the 49 percent chance every time.

All of this speculation about what BB would decide to do three months from now seems silly to me. Because the only way that being a play-the-percentages type works is if you have as much information as possible when you make your decision. Platitudes like "players play to win" and stuff are way too simple for the way our coach thinks.

He'll make every choice when he needs to but not a second before. If issues like byes or home field or rest or injuries or the rest are at stake, he'll look at every scrap of info he has when he has it and decide.

What I know for a fact is that his choice will always be with the ultimate goal in mind, and that goal is being the last team standing. This is not to say that going undefeated will not enter into his thinking. But I respectfully suggest that the only way it will come into his thinking, or not come into his thinking, is insofar as it relates to the ultimate goal of winning a championship. It will be a factor, just like everything else. From opponent to weather to time of year to playing day versus night games. If he thinks one thing or the other thing makes a motivational difference one way or the other, it will all go into the great calculator in his head. To try to predict how that calculus might play out at some time in the future when there are a million other dependent variable that will play out between now and that hypothetical time seems almost to miss the point of our coach and exactly what he means when he says, "one game at a time."

My point is not that we as fans need to be on the "one game at a time" mantra. Of course we can play fun speculations games. But we should recognize that it's not just propaganda. It's philosophy. And it's a philosophy that makes the prediction aspects of this thread about as useful as trying to predict the answer to the silly question, "if I had a brother would he like chopped liver"?

If it comes down to it maybe BB will be stoked to the high heavens to be in position to go undefeated in a season. I mean it's not like BB has ever coached a team to a perfect season before and it's not like a team goes undefeated every year as is the case with winning a SB .....................

In any case, put me down for 19-0 because I'm sure that's the mindset that BB has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes