PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Hope the PATs don't go 16-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
if they do it will mean either:

A) They didn't rest Brady, Moss, Maroney et.al for the playoffs after securing their 14th win which would be incredibly stupid (i.e. un-Belichick-like)

B) They can win with all of their backups, which I sincerely doubt. Not because I question our depth, which is superb, but because we'll be facing teams that are incredibly motivated by the inevitable media circus that's already assembling.

Are we heading for a situation where we expect a PATs loss to an inferior team in weeks 15 or 16? I think so.

The way the records look so far is Buffalo and Jets will be resting their starters.

Last edited:

A) They didn't rest Brady, Moss, Maroney et.al for the playoffs after securing their 14th win which would be incredibly stupid (i.e. un-Belichick-like)

B) They can win with all of their backups, which I sincerely doubt. Not because I question our depth, which is superb, but because we'll be facing teams that are incredibly motivated by the inevitable media circus that's already assembling.

Are we heading for a situation where we expect a PATs loss to an inferior team in weeks 15 or 16? I think so.

Well-if it makes you feel anybody, AFC opponents have a very, very tough time at TX Stadium-look at what Dallas did to Indy last year.;)

The way the records look so far is Buffalo and Jets will be resting their starters.

Buffalo has already rested all thier defensive starters - Unfortunately they are all on the IR list

After it was a forgone conclusion that the Pats were going to be the #4 last year, who was playing stong safety in that meaningless game?

teams with nothing to lose and a grudge won't rest their starters and will be dangerous against our backups IMO.

??????????

They already went 21-0, and won a superbowl doing it.

With a team not as good as this one.

It doesn't mean that they will go 19-0, only that they can (and did).

Which game are you hoping they lose?

Well, I obviously never hope for them to lose, but my point was that they should rest their starters even if undefeated after week 14 (assuming the Colts and Boys will have 12 wins only) and if they do, I think the Giants and Fins will have it out for us amidst a media circus of epic proportions (and would start Eli, Green et. al. against our second string). And I'd rather lose to the Fins (I think?) tough one...

Last edited:
??????????

They already went 21-0, and won a superbowl doing it.

With a team not as good as this one.

It doesn't mean that they will go 19-0, only that they can (and did).

wow aren't you clever? I think you know that I was referring to the media diarrhea about the 16-0 record by the '72 fins in the same season, and I never said they CAN'T do it.

Last edited:

You are making the assumption that resting starters is the way to win in the playoffs. How'd that work out for Indy two years ago? Your assumption is far from clearly true.

If we go 16-0 we'll have home field and a bye. The bye itself makes time off less necessary. I can see the Pats letting up in game 16, maybe just the second half of game 16, but not before.

Why not let the players decide if want to go for it all.

Remember they will have the wild card week off.
You want the starters to have 3 or 4 weeks off and then go into
the playoffs? Disagree.
Keep playing ... keep the edge and have two weeks before
first playoff game.

Well, I obviously never hope for them to lose, but my point was that they should rest their starters even if undefeated after week 14 (assuming the Colts and Boys will have 12 wins only) and if they do, I think the Giants and Fins will have it out for us amidst a media circus of epic proportions (and would start Eli, Green et. al. against our second string). And I'd rather lose to the Fins (I think?) tough one...

If they're 14-0 and have clinched HFA, I would like to see at least an effort to go 16-0. Let Brady play the first half and just sling it. The Pats can beat either of those teams in the first half. With HFA they're going to have a week off anyway.

I know this talk is diving some people crazy, but it's virtually unavoidable.

If they're 14-0 and have clinched HFA, I would like to see at least an effort to go 16-0. Let Brady play the first half and just sling it. The Pats can beat either of those teams in the first half. With HFA they're going to have a week off anyway.

I know this talk is diving some people crazy, but it's virtually unavoidable.

I agree as a fan, but could you imagine if they were 14-0, had HFA and Brady blows his ACL in week 15?

I agree as a fan, but could you imagine if they were 14-0, had HFA and Brady blows his ACL in week 15?

Yeah, it would suck. By the same token I'd hate to see him throwing over recievers' heads in round 2 because he's rusty. Players play.

The Patriots won 21 games in a row but it was not the EXACT same team because it was between 2 seasons with several different players coming and going so technically this would be a first if it actually happened and they won so many straight (which it won't be the situation IMO)

id rather go 10-6 and win the super bowl, than go 15-1 or 16-0 and lose in the super bowl...
there is only one thing that matters... winning the super bowl. period.

Buffalo has already rested all thier defensive starters - Unfortunately they are all on the IR list

They also rested all their backups, who were unfortunately on the field.

The Patriots 2007 Schedule is as such:

-
-
-
-
Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back