PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I feel like I watched a different game than most of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats lose that game with Brady imo.
No.
I mean if they ran that offense and asked brady to run 15 times, sure, but that defense wasn’t holding brady and the patriots to 10 points.
Biggest question would be how quickly Brady would get frustrated at his receivers and start pouting, and how that would affect both teams’ point totals.

There is a lot of praise for Cam and how the offense performed on here.

I feel like I watched a completely different game.

- Playing one of the worst teams in the league last year, the offense had 7 points going into halftime, and 14 points through 55 minutes(!), despite the defense getting two interceptions which put them in Miami territory off the bat.

- Cam's passing wasn't bad, but it was very little substance. Nearly all short throws. He had 2 passes all game that were in the air further than 15 yards.

- It was all his legs. I'm not against running but keep in mind that Miami was DEAD LAST (#32) in the league last year in passing defense. They gave up 39 passing TD's last year and 4,200 passing yards. Yet Cam couldn't squeak out more than 155 yards, 0 TD's and a 79 QBR?

I was big on Cam before he signed in NE. My buddy who is a Panthers fan said "don't be". And I'm starting to agree with them. 14 points in the first 55 minutes play is not cool - especially against the Dolphins.

I guess I just don't understand where all the praise is coming from. I didn't think much in that game deserved praise (from the offense).
I still like Cam over Tony Eason

or Bledsoe

Biggest question would be how quickly Brady would get frustrated at his receivers and start pouting, and how that would affect both teams’ point totals.
************ the guy is the greatest winner in the history of the nfl and he’s gone one game and you write this bullshlt?

The sort of abusive, loudmouth, blowhard posts you see here from the site's "in crowd" are exactly why I rarely come here.

I wouldn't blame this recent joinee, who had an honest point to make, for giving up on this place completely, as I mostly have, thinking the place is infested with a@@....... If he were to think such thing, he'd have a point.

This place could be great, but it isn't, and you few pathetic souls who abuse newbies - or anybody else who hasn't been blithering here for years - are the reason. The decent folks here, the majority, should toss you out.

The sort of abusive, loudmouth, blowhard posts you see here from the site's "in crowd" are exactly why I rarely come here.

I wouldn't blame this recent joinee, who had an honest point to make, for giving up on this place completely, as I mostly have, thinking the place is infested with a@@....... If he were to think such thing, he'd have a point.

This place could be great, but it isn't, and you few pathetic souls who abuse newbies - or anybody else who hasn't been blithering here for years - are the reason. The decent folks here, the majority, should toss you out.
You want to see newbies abused? Check out Sons of Sam Horn. It's like a middle school cafeteria...

In one corner, "We didn't have a good passing game," in the other corner... what? "I hope real hard that they will, and you can't prove they don't"

That's all we got. To me, and lots of people in the middle on this one, they're both true, and we see a little more every game. If it comes to it, can Cam win an aerial duel with R. Wilson? Imunno. Are we tough enough on the ground that we won't have to? You tell me. That's what's great about flicking on the game, you don't know until it happens. I'll watch me some NFLN replay games, but not real often and I sure don't keep track of who we're playing on Replay and when the game is. You feel me on the arrow of time? Ok

I'm also aware we fed Cam (and others on the ground) the ball, basically saying "okay, beat him if you can, for now we'll go with this running thing a bunch/" Start losing that challenge, and then the game opens up...unless of course I'm wrong and we open up with 15 scripted passes.

Pats gave up 11!

That's the missing piece in the entire discussion. This team is built to rely on defense and special teams play with the offense complimentary. Teams have limited resources to expend with a salary cap and will build the entire team with certain attributes based on what their strategic goals are for the entire season.

Does the OP think that this season's team was built to emphasize offense and offensive production? They signed an unknown quantity veteran QB with an injury history and until maybe six weeks ago didn't even know who their starter was going to be. What about that approach to building a team screams 35 PPG? Most would take the opposite view that it's surprising the efficiency the offense DID show given that uncertainty coming into the season. How many penalties did they take? Negative plays? Those indicators that truly demonstrate disfunction and inability to execute were rarely present.

Finally, comparatives to other offenses from last weeks' other games has way too many variables. How well did their opponent's defense match up? We're these "high powered" offenses new together or experienced? Running the same or new offense? (a point many here have noted)? How many change their entire gamelans similar to how the Patriots operate in preparation?

We find your lack of faith...disturbing.

Which is absolutely true, but NO team had a pre-season.

Seahawks scored 38
Packers scored 43
Vikings scored 34
Bills scored 27
Washington scored 27
Ravens scored 38
Raiders scored 34
Panthers scored 30
Jags scored 27
Saints score 34
Bears scored 27
Falcolns scored 25

It's not like there was a lack of scoring around the league.

They all didn't play a pre-season.

They still did more than 14 points in 55 minutes.

cam newton has been on the team like a month. You cant really compare what kind of offense they ran with him vs. teams who some have been together running the same offense for years.

Its also something to note that with shortened offseason and no pre-season games bill went with the veterans over the rookies. as we get deeper into the season I expect rookies to get more playing time and the offense to open up more.

you do realize that he is a troll poster... he made the op and the subsequent posts in order to foment arguments, Think what you want about the people who post here, but dont be so oblivious and naive (or act so holier than though - you just shit on a lot of people) as to think the op was created for "constructive" conversation. It was a troll job 1000%

Triggered much?

did you watch him last season? Without rose colored blinders?
Yup ignorance often triggers my disgust.

yes in fact i watched every single play. I am the most outspoken about how he played in the second half of the season. That’s because he was 42 not because he has a losers attitude and destroys teams. My god the greatest winner in the history of the sport, after more wins, division titles, playoff wins, Cindy championships,Sb championships over his 19 years than any franchise ever, and that’s what youve got to say?
clearly you have never accomplished anything in your life and feel the need to knock the greatest who has ever played the Game. Go away.

A win is a win. I do not care one little bit how we get the W it could be 3-0 and I’m just as happy as if it were 60-0

That's the missing piece in the entire discussion. This team is built to rely on defense and special teams play with the offense complimentary. Teams have limited resources to expend with a salary cap and will build the entire team with certain attributes based on what their strategic goals are for the entire season.

Does the OP think that this season's team was built to emphasize offense and offensive production? ....

BB is like "wait, now I am forced to win with defense, ST, and a ground game? Please don't throw me in that briar patch..."

"Yeah but it's not like he coached the GOAT at some defensive position and by the time they were done they had to change the whole game to stop him..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hTM_HA0EA

Okay, granted, same species, my ash, LT just ragdolled everybody. Just thought it's worth remembering, in line w your point here, BB wants to win football games with whatever he's got... but it's not like he'd pout about doing it without the GOAT at QB...

I tend to take a similar results based approach. That said, sometimes, like the butt fumble game, the extra stuff does bring a wider smile to my face.

I agree. I love to see crazy things happen and great plays. For me though, I don’t mind watching a mud or ice game where it’s all defense and field position. There won’t be many jaw dropping plays but just for me it’s just as entertaining

This place IS great.

No. He didn't "have an honest point to make". When even the DECENT folk are calling out his schtick as trolling, it's a sign that you're statements are as bubkiss as his was.

I went back and looked at some of your posts and it's amazing how they are filled with complaints about others more than actual football talk.

Not sure what Utopia you've been at, but this is truly NOTHING compared to what the ESPN boards used to be like. And there are plenty of boards that are 1000 times worse.

This place IS great.

No. He didn't "have an honest point to make". When even the DECENT folk are calling out his schtick as trolling, it's a sign that you're statements are as bubkiss as his was.

I went back and looked at some of your posts and it's amazing how they are filled with complaints about others more than actual football talk.

Not sure what Utopia you've been at, but this is truly NOTHING compared to what the ESPN boards used to be like. And there are plenty of boards that are 1000 times worse.

Yeah. The ESPN board was unreadable from the trolls and the mods couldn’t care less.

Yeah. The ESPN board was unreadable from the trolls and the mods couldn’t care less.

Pfft. You guys see trolls where there are none, which greases the skids for your bullying. Very convenient for ya. (That "you" is collective for both you and your blowbuddy ilk.)

What I see here in the CYA responses to my post is the classic bully gambit: Abuse somebody until they react, then mock and bully more. Gimme a G, gimme an F, gimme a Y.

I'll continue to come here occasionally to read some of the excellent posts, but as a "community," this place is sick. Think it over.

Pfft. You guys see trolls where there are none, which greases the skids for your bullying. Very convenient for ya. (That you is collective for both you and your blowbuddy ilk.)

What I see here in the CYA responses to my post is the classic bully gambit: Abuse somebody until they react, then mock and bully more. Gimme a G, gimme an F, gimme a Y.

I'll continue to come here occasionally to read some of the excellent posts, but as a "community," this place is sick. Think it over.
No clue what you're talking about but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down