PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Don't Think I Can Do This Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot how much this drove me crazy during deflategate... This is the most salty/irrational I've seen NFL fans towards the Pats in a couple years.
Unfounded takes, group-thought, media enhancing it, no one engaging in an actual discussion, no one applying the same standards to any other team.

This MUST get under your guys' skin too... I don't have the strength to laugh it off and say "haters gonna hate"

I really don't get it, either. Today was the first call I think they messed up. It was very close, but I could see how people would be upset. The ASJ play, the James play... not even close. They ruled correctly. Let's not forget none of this would have been a controversy if the refs ruled in our favor on the original plays...

Oh, don't worry about it too much. Truth be told we didn't know much about the Pats, just what the NFL preached us until SP became a coach in NO in 2006. Taught us about Pats and BB.
Think its just ignorance and feeding the news nfl line for most. They never took the time to talk or really spend time with your fans to know your opinion.

I remember the day Pats fans warned us we were next after 2009 about Godell, and SP's arrogance ( which makes him good) and Godell don't mix.
In NO it was just a 2009 game when we knew that you were elite and the best. We didn't know your fans yet and were so used to no one talking to us or mostly making fun of us. We were undefeated but every Saints fan, like me, wrote the NE game as a loss in 2009, and we waited for your fans to come down, make fun of us, and treat us like losers. It always happened.

But that didn't happen. A weird thing happened to us. Patriot fans came in droves for the game and they talked to us like we were not losers. They talked about our team today and not the 43 years of being a joke, and these are fans that were probably better suited to boast than anyone.

I was at 7-10 bars before and after and saw saints and Pats fans laughing, talking ball, and no one cared about deflategate or cheating talk. It was pretty cool, and to us that meant a lot. Most newspapers in NO talked about how amazing the Pats fans were those days. Even so gracious later. We learned alot.

We think many teams and fans are envious of the Pats success and make excuses to cover there pain when you win or that yes BB is better than SP and TB is better than Brees, and use the NFL and Godell to cover the loss. Pretend you cheat but don't earn it, anything to belittle, and maybe its because they don't know you like we do.

Patriots fans have handled themselves amazingly well with all the success of the team, don't think it could be done better. I remember SF 49er fans were so cruel to us in there division with Montana.

Hold your head up, you do your team proud, and you made a difference with us and some others, your fans will win this over time. Youll do fine your good fans.

Last edited:
Many of us have lots to worry about everyday, obstacles to overcome, and general life issues that can often be complex.

Worrying about what other people are going to say about some controversial referee calls is not anywhere on my list. The other controversies bothered me, I won’t try to lie, but this one doesn’t worry me in the slightest.

I yelled at the TV in real time that it was not a catch in the EZ yesterday, and my hunch was confirmed by video replay—despite what any announcers had to say. The same goes for the Jesse James non-catch last week. The fact that he crossed the goal line didn’t mean a damn thing. He had to control the catch when coming to the ground and failed to do so. The only one where I think we may have gotten lucky was the ASJ fumble at the goal line.

Does this mean we can put Guerrerogate in the rear view mirror???

FYI it seems as though Borges has prepared a few snide comments on this as well, did not bother to click as all that would do is give him some sort of cred...

I can hardly wait to see the revised 'catch' rule this off season. "The receiver was 'in the area' and therefore it is a catch."

Last edited:
Which call? The benjamin td? It was not a td. Didn't have both feet in with the ball control.

The Benjamin TD shoukd have definitely counted. The Jesse James TD was not a TD according to the rules the way they are written.

Look, the Bills and the Steelers are getting screwed by the NFL. Isn't that what we wanted all along? Merry Christmas!

Bills got a fake first down on last drive of half with a generous spot out of bounds.

Anti-Patriots prejudice has been the unbridled reality since the merger in 1970.

Opponents and fans and media were sobbing that we cheated in '02 AFCCG, and it continued right up through 2007 when Satan Goodell decided to make it official and lynch BB and the team to satisfy the losers across the country.

But, typically of crybaby losers, that wasn't enough, and they adopted the diatribe that the Patriots weren't punished enough, when of course in reality they shouldn't have been punished at all. Did not help that Kraft totally conceded and blubberingly apologized instead of doing the opposite.

Which set up the deflation BS in '15.

And Kraft still backs Goodell, saying he was just following orders...

...like at Nuremberg, right?

I think your timeline is a little off and it shows how effective the mediots' and Goodell's lies have been. I don't believe that anyone had issues with the Pats winning SB's in 2001, 03 and 04 until years later, when Goody and the 32 started the cheater talk in 2007 with Crygate. The 2001-04 wins were tainted retroactively, especially when John Tomasole came up with the fake Matt Walsh story in 2007. Help me if I'm wrong.

there is a reason i don't watch espn or anything else, and only watching patriot games now.

the nfl and almost every sports writer has lost every ounce of goodwill it had from me.

the only guy i read is don banks, the only games i watch are patriot games. nothing else matters or has merit imo.

Interestingly enough, the only sports (NFL) show I watch is "Good Morning Football" on the NFL Network. Those folks are, to my mind, surprisingly objective, and fair in their comments. Sure, there's some silliness here and there, but overall, I find it to be a good program.

Many of us have lots to worry about everyday, obstacles to overcome, and general life issues that can often be complex.

Worrying about what other people are going to say about some controversial referee calls is not anywhere on my list. The other controversies bothered me, I won’t try to lie, but this one doesn’t worry me in the slightest.

I yelled at the TV in real time that it was not a catch in the EZ yesterday, and my hunch was confirmed by video replay—despite what any announcers had to say. The same goes for the Jesse James non-catch last week. The fact that he crossed the goal line didn’t mean a damn thing. He had to control the catch when coming to the ground and failed to do so. The only one where I think we may have gotten lucky was the ASJ fumble at the goal line.

I look at the Pats' cheating accusations the same way I would if a person made an accusation that I was cheating on my wife. I know it isn't true so I couldn't care less.

However, now that we're looking at a steady diet of unfounded accusations and pitiful whining about our team, I laugh my ass off and will rub it in to folks who choose to be ignorant.

It's great to be the kings of the hill and it all makes me smile now. SB 49 was the turning point for me.

Interestingly enough, the only sports (NFL) show I watch is "Good Morning Football" on the NFL Network. Those folks are, to my mind, surprisingly objective, and fair in their comments. Sure, there's some silliness here and there, but overall, I find it to be a good program.
To be honest, I think the NFL Network has better and more objective coverage overall than ESPN. Which is sad.

I try not to watch the NYFL or BSPN, but if none of these dopes are on the show I may give it a shot;

Troy Aikman
Skip Bayless
Jerome Bettis
Kevin Blackstone
Ron Borges
Bert Breer
Mark Brunell
Chris Carter
Ryan Clark
Chris Collinsworth
Colin Cowherd
Brian Dawkins
Neil DeGrasse-Tyson
Greg Doyel
Rich Eisen
Marshall Faulk
Mike Felger
Mike Florio
Bob George
Bob Glauber
Jay Glazer
Mike Golic
Roger Goodell
Mike Greenberg
Ryan Grigson
Charles Haley
Tim Hasslebeck
Bart Hubbuch
Jim Irsay
Tom Jackson
Ted Johnson
Bomani Jones
Dan Kannell
Naqi Kelly
Peter King
Bob Kravitz
Matt Lauer
Ronnie Lott
Jackie MacMullen
George Martin
Tony Mazzerotti
Donovan McNabb
Al Michaels
Kurt Minihane
Joe Montana
Chris Mortensen
Bill Nye
Ian O'Connor
Rosie O'Donnell
Jason Page
Woody Paige
Bill Plaschke
Bill Polian
Jerry Rice
Al Roker
Bob Ryan
Shannon Sharpe
Don Shula
Chris Simms
Phil Simms
Stephen A Smith
Gary Tanguay
John Tomase
Mike Tomlin
Brian Urlacher
Ben Volin
Hines Ward
Kurt Warner
Mike Whilbon

There's also a rat-faced punk (Rhett Something) who I also ignore.

A plausible argument could be made that Jesse James made a football move, which would make him a runner. So Pitt fans can contest that. I don't agree, but it is certainly debatable compared to the call we saw today.

Wrong!
The JJ play was not debatable!
When your going to the ground (he was) you need to survive the ground even if you make a so called football move like extending to the end zone (he did extend). He did not survive the ground. Mike pereira described the play last week and mentioned he knew immediately the play would be overturned. Check out - Utube Mike Pereira Jesse James play - for a good in-depth analysis. The play was actually an easy call as the rule states. Dez Bryant did a very similar thing against GB in a play off game a few years back.
Personally, the rule sucks but, that is the rule!

The Benjamin TD shoukd have definitely counted. The Jesse James TD was not a TD according to the rules the way they are written.

Look, the Bills and the Steelers are getting screwed by the NFL. Isn't that what we wanted all along? Merry Christmas!

as upstater1 already stated:

By stitching the play together you see a version from the side (endzone) and a version from behind the endzone (which tells you when he possesses the ball).

If you do this, the toe drags and kicks up pebbles before he controls the ball. Then he lifts his foot up. Jim Nantz kept seeing another toe touch and he said, "How do you know his toe didn't touch again?" And the reason you know the answer to this is simple: on the side view, it shows his foot lift in air, and was clearly inches off the ground when it did this. Therefore he only had one foot in when he gains ball control and it was not a catch.

So many people see one angle with kicked up pebbles and ASSUME it was a catch.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that out of everyone over at BSPN, it was Ryan Clark that has his head on straight.

I didnt see the wringing of teeth from the media when the refs called for the 1st time a penalty that allowed the Jets to beat the pats a couple years ago on a field goal try..

Plus there is Kay.

It may change tomorrow, but I kinda like this Riveron guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes