PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Don't Think I Can Do This Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitgronked82

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I forgot how much this drove me crazy during deflategate... This is the most salty/irrational I've seen NFL fans towards the Pats in a couple years.
Unfounded takes, group-thought, media enhancing it, no one engaging in an actual discussion, no one applying the same standards to any other team.

This MUST get under your guys' skin too... I don't have the strength to laugh it off and say "haters gonna hate"

I really don't get it, either. Today was the first call I think they messed up. It was very close, but I could see how people would be upset. The ASJ play, the James play... not even close. They ruled correctly. Let's not forget none of this would have been a controversy if the refs ruled in our favor on the original plays...

I forgot how much this drove me crazy during deflategate... This is the most salty/irrational I've seen NFL fans towards the Pats in a couple years.
Unfounded takes, group-thought, media enhancing it, no one engaging in an actual discussion, no one applying the same standards to any other team.

This MUST get under your guys' skin too... I don't have the strength to laugh it off and say "haters gonna hate"

I really don't get it, either. Today was the first call I think they messed up. It was very close, but I could see how people would be upset. The ASJ play, the James play... not even close. They ruled correctly. Let's not forget none of this would have been a controversy if the refs ruled in our favor on the original plays...
as long as the Patriots got the call. I'm good. I don't care if it was called correctly or not. be happy when the pats get a break. because sometimes they won't.

Which call? The benjamin td? It was not a td. Didn't have both feet in with the ball control.

Which call? The benjamin td? It was not a td. Didn't have both feet in with the ball control.
Yes, referring to the kelvin play. I was at the game so only saw what they showed on the Jumbotron, but it looked to me like it was very close, and they had originally ruled it a TD. I'm just trying to see it from a non pats fan's perspective. I understand being mad about that one. It was very close either way, and they had ruled it a TD

It wasn't a catch.
A lot of people don't like the rule. But, it's the rule.

If anyone thinks the league want's the Pats to win, haven't been watching.
Or just wont accept the rule.

Seriously?
Defamegate was a stepping stone?,,

The jealous owners, The guy who was booed out of Foxboro, wants us to win??

Yes, referring to the kelvin play. I was at the game so only saw what they showed on the Jumbotron, but it looked to me like it was very close, and they had originally ruled it a TD. I'm just trying to see it from a non pats fan's perspective. I understand being mad about that one. It was very close either way, and they had ruled it a TD

I was at home in my recliner. I was wondering how can I get my dog to take a runny dump on 60,000 Buffalo Bill fan's lawn. And then it happened. The TD was overturned. Thank God because the logistics of feeding my dog some **** from Taco Bell and driving door to door in Buffalo was getting complicated.

This always annoys me the original ruling only matters when there is no video evidence. You could clearly see the feet and the ball so I give the ref tons of credit for making a really tough call.

I have no problem if Bills fans want to argue his toe was down but don't just cop out on the original call that's not right when again you can see all the evidence it's just a razor thin margin but no reason to think he can't more accurately decide using replay than in real time.

Of course they're rigging it for us because there is no way in hell the opposing teams aren't dropping the ball at the last second or don't have both feet in bounds.

Seriously, one bills fan said on the fan forum that he thinks in 15 years we will learn Kraft has been paying the refs fr years. They've completely lost their minds!

So anytime the Pats get a call your going to hear everyone that is not a pats fan cry about it...just the way it is....I laugh it off, in their faces......

Just the way it is...

Once the calls started being made in NY, it was inevitable that they would start looking at the plays de novo, regardless of claims to the contrary. This wasn't the first call that could have been said to stand, but was instead overruled, and it won't be the last. The same thing's happening with hockey, with their replay rulings coming from Toronto.

It's a bad idea to centralize review, but that's the playing field now.

When the league returns the 2 #1's and the 4 they stole from the Pats I'll start caring about what the morons on BSPN and fans from other teams say, until then the league just needs to continue to make the correct calls.

So anytime the Pats get a call your going to hear everyone that is not a pats fan cry about it...just the way it is....I laugh it off, in their faces......

Just the way it is...
Agreed, laugh at their inability to be objective and then explain why they're wrong and laugh again, like I did this past week with all the steelers fans and pats haters at work.

Anyone got the video of him having his left foot not being inbounds?

Everyone's *****ing including peter King because they thought it was inconclusive. That it shouldn't have been overturned. Gotta start staying away from this stuff because people will say that the pats get every call.

Everyone's *****ing including peter King because they thought it was inconclusive. That it shouldn't have been overturned. Gotta start staying away from this stuff because people will say that the pats get every call.
Ding, ding, ding.

You know what's going to be said, so why tune in?

there is a reason i don't watch espn or anything else, and only watching patriot games now.

the nfl and almost every sports writer has lost every ounce of goodwill it had from me.

the only guy i read is don banks, the only games i watch are patriot games. nothing else matters or has merit imo.

its kind of funny that people believe there is some league conspiracy to help the pats when.....the league went out of their way to suspend Brady 4 games over a fake charge. and fought it to the end to make sure he was suspended

Tune out the ********. I don’t watch Espn or NFL network. I know they’re going to talk crap so why waste my time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back