PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I come in peace. (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClosingTime

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What's up Massholes? (I am one too so GFY).

Been years since I came on here, two kids later and I am back for a AFCG.

The scripts seemed flipped this year as far as how both teams will/should approach the game. If my Steelers want to win I think they need to be patient, taking the underneath stuff, checking down with passes to Bell and Eli Rogers. They really don;t have a reliable #2 receiver and no deep threat. This, IMHO, is why Ben has struggled of late. He, and Todd Haley, will have to alter his game. I fully expect the Patriots to come out run bitzing up the middle to throttle Bell and then come up the gut to Ben. Steelers will have to take short throws especially early in the game.
On the flip side I don;t think the short passing game that has been the Patriots bread and butter will work vs the Steelers. They need to establish a power run game. The Steelers defense is fast but light in the shorts. Theycan be pounded. The short passes will be gobbled up. But play action and some deep balls could trick them as they are going to be concentrated on those short crossing routes.

I hope for a good game. I don;t have a great feeling about it as a Steeler fan for the simple reason that they have Brown and basically no one else at WR or TE. If the Steelers are going to win I think the bigger stat than Bell's rushing yards will be his receiving yards.

Cheers

Hoping for no injuries and a solid, entertaining effort from both sides. Even if both teams bring their A game, however, I still see the Patriots winning handily. They're just more balanced in every regard. Truly an example of the sum being greater than the parts (although this unit has some exceptional players).

This is pretty much exactly what I think as well. Steelers ability/confidence beyond their two superstars on offense, and the Patriots ability/patience to establish the run game, both will determine the game's outcome. Both have histories of bailing on these necessary ingredients when the stakes are high.

Hoping for no injuries and a solid, entertaining effort from both sides. Even if both teams bring their A game, however, I still see the Patriots winning handily. They're just more balanced in every regard. Truly an example of the sum being greater than the parts (although this unit has some exceptional players).

But typically both teams don't bring their "A" game at the same time, since one team's "A" results means the other team is failing the test. Steelers are very capable of beating the Patriots.

You guys still have Todd Haley?!?!?!

2792297300000578-0-Famous_face_Sammy_is_better_known_as_the_face_of_the_Success_Kid-m-75_1429041108750.jpg

You guys still have Todd Haley?!?!?!

2792297300000578-0-Famous_face_Sammy_is_better_known_as_the_face_of_the_Success_Kid-m-75_1429041108750.jpg
If you're looking for a laugh, Google search Todd Haley's antics. There's some good stuff in there. He's a total head case. Last I heard he and his wife had just taken all of the appliances out of the home they were renting, and the guy they were renting it from claims they owe him tens of thousands of dollars.

I hope for a good game. I don;t have a great feeling about it as a Steeler fan for the simple reason that they have Brown and basically no one else at WR or TE. If the Steelers are going to win I think the bigger stat than Bell's rushing yards will be his receiving yards.

The Patriots don't have linebackers who can cover. For this game, Bell may be a better weapon as a receiver than as a runner, at least as an occasional change up. This is a game where, if I were Haley/Tomlin, I might want to look at putting Williams in as the back, while sending Bell out against the likes of Hightower and Van Noy.

I am puzzled why the Steelers haven;t put Williams and Bell out at the same time. Bell is probably the second best receiver on the team at this point. And I think it may throw the Patriots off bringing Willaims in who will just find a crease and hit it hard.

I am puzzled why the Steelers haven;t put Williams and Bell out at the same time. Bell is probably the second best receiver on the team at this point. And I think it may throw the Patriots off bringing Willaims in who will just find a crease and hit it hard.
I guess Haley isn't that smart and innovative.....seems like a decent idea though.....I tried to tell brown that on his Facebook live on Sunday night, but he couldn't ,hear me over some guy yelling about ***holes....n

The Patriots don't have linebackers who can cover. For this game, Bell may be a better weapon as a receiver than as a runner, at least as an occasional change up. This is a game where, if I were Haley/Tomlin, I might want to look at putting Williams in as the back, while sending Bell out against the likes of Hightower and Van Noy.

Hasn't Chung been assuming this type of role?? It seems more and more when they are using 3 Safeties Chung has been "spotting" a specific player...

After all these years in the reign of BB I do not fear any team, coach or any player in the NFL.. they will be prepared.

I think settling for the underneath stuff is exactly what we want you to do.

The scripts seemed flipped this year as far as how both teams will/should approach the game. If my Steelers want to win I think they need to be patient, taking the underneath stuff, checking down with passes to Bell and Eli Rogers. They really don;t have a reliable #2 receiver and no deep threat. This, IMHO, is why Ben has struggled of late. He, and Todd Haley, will have to alter his game. I fully expect the Patriots to come out run bitzing up the middle to throttle Bell and then come up the gut to Ben. Steelers will have to take short throws especially early in the game.
On the flip side I don;t think the short passing game that has been the Patriots bread and butter will work vs the Steelers. They need to establish a power run game. The Steelers defense is fast but light in the shorts. Theycan be pounded. The short passes will be gobbled up. But play action and some deep balls could trick them as they are going to be concentrated on those short crossing routes.

Cheers
Steelers fans are the absolute worst in the league, and with surprising lack of football knowledge. Your fan base assaults The Patriots (The Greatest Dynasty in NFL history) for absolutely nothing other than consistently handing your pathetic team its *** on a regular basis. I want nothing more than a total destruction of the Steelers, (who I used to respect before the invention of the internet).

Again, Steelers fans are by FAR, the MOST Butt hurt, embarassed, pathetic, fan base in the NFL and the history of sports. F$c!k off!

You mention having nothing else besides Brown at WR and TE....well this could be true now.

I was actually worried about him playing considering his athleticism and size against our LBs and CBs. It's a big deal he's out. Now they really have nothing. James at TE is meh.

Cheers
If one is born and raised in New England, it's against Massachusetts law to be a yellow towel waiver

We call them crying towels :D

If one is born and raised in New England, it's against Massachusetts law to be a yellow towel waiver

We call them crying towels :D

since we are a family site, i cannot say what they are, to a person that has Come in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back