PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I’ve seen patriot teams with worst talent have better results on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is loaded with new players and that's going to take time. Even with more returning players they usually take time to get rolling. Every season is a work in progress. Have patience grasshoppahs.

I'm hoping that the D can keep the team afloat until the O comes around. The D seems to be ahead at this time.

This team is loaded with new players and that's going to take time. Even with more returning players they usually take time to get rolling. Every season is a work in progress. Have patience grasshoppahs.

I'm hoping that the D can keep the team afloat until the O comes around. The D seems to be ahead at this time.
The defense did play well vs the Saints but was hurt by the TOs. The last drive by the Saints stunk as our D could not get off the field and they just rammed it down our throats on the ground. Shades of the Miami game. But I agree, they are the stronger unit and are more cohesive right now than the O.

The defense did play well vs the Saints but was hurt by the TOs. The last drive by the Saints stunk as our D could not get off the field and they just rammed it down our throats on the ground. Shades of the Miami game. But I agree, they are the stronger unit and are more cohesive right now than the O.
Even a strong D needs a decent O to keep them off the field.

I think that eventually the Pats will have a less dominant but balanced attack on offense and a solid defense.

Meyers is our #1 passing threat. This Undrafted free agent is beating all of our high price free agents. That is the biggest problem. This year is un-fixable, the groceries are rotting.

Another good example is late in 2018 when the Pats lost to Pitt. Some posters here were flat out declaring that season dead then.
Too old, too slow, no talent... we heard it all season.

Tom ^ is making fun of them here.

Meant the fanbase
Half their fans are in NJ. My point I guess is that you weren’t born the last time they won a Super Bowl, the owners are the most entitled, snot nosed, uncaring pricks in the US, they play in a state that belies their name, they are guests in their own stadium, their fans are sub moronic. I could go but there’s another thread about it.

Half their fans are in NJ. My point I guess is that you weren’t born the last time they won a Super Bowl, the owners are the most entitled, snot nosed, uncaring pricks in the US, they play in a state that belies their name, they are guests in their own stadium, their fans are sub moronic. I could go but there’s another thread about it.
Nah, I get it.

Screw the jete

Meyers is our #1 passing threat. This Undrafted free agent is beating all of our high price free agents. That is the biggest problem. This year is un-fixable, the groceries are rotting.
The groceries aren't rotting, they haven't ripened yet.

It will come together very soon. The mistakes will decrease, seen some bottom stuff that coaching can help.

I like our team, I like Mac Jones. That being said, when you're talking about lesser talent on previous teams, you have to put the proper weight on key & important positions. Look at QB. We had the greatest of all time at the most important position in the game. That position alone counts for 25% of output (yes, just made that up). So you can be more talented at the OL or D-backfield, etc., and it you still have less talent because of the QB position alone.

I like our team, I like Mac Jones. That being said, when you're talking about lesser talent on previous teams, you have to put the proper weight on key & important positions. Look at QB. We had the greatest of all time at the most important position in the game. That position alone counts for 25% of output (yes, just made that up). So you can be more talented at the OL or D-backfield, etc., and it you still have less talent because of the QB position alone.
I would agree. There has to be a historic unit (offense/defense) in most cases...the RLKAG Ravens, 85 Bears for example...to carry teams with a good QB. Even the Giants with Phil Simms/Hostetler could be argued that those were simply good QBs with superior teams around them.

The groceries aren't rotting, they haven't ripened yet.
You paid for GMO free Organic vine rippened and you got rotting product. You paid for an A list receiver core to put us back into the playoffs. That was the objective. Pay big bucks, get big production, right? Not J.A.G. production. My observation for Bill is a 60 catch guy we should not pay big bucks for EVA. Minimum 85+ catch guy a year when shopping. A real target that can get open. Just ranting i guess....

Some of the groceries have rotted. Harry rotted in the drawer and Sony was rotted and thrown out. I wouldn't say HH, Smith, Bourne, and Agholor are rotted but I think a few of them made be starting to go past ripe.

Some of the groceries have rotted. Harry rotted in the drawer and Sony was rotted and thrown out. I wouldn't say HH, Smith, Bourne, and Agholor are rotted but I think a few of them made be starting to go past ripe.

There are a lot of rotten posters on this site as well - unfortunately. ;) The Patriots always seem to be trying to improve. Some posters around these parts should follow that example.

The team has more talent than last year, the quarterback is better. But somehow by this time last year we were ready to give cam Newton a big contract.

There's a lack of discipline on both sides of the ball right now that is very non patriot like.

I'm not sure "overall talent" is the issue. I don't think that metric, if it is one, really means much. There are very specific areas in which the team needs help: one healthy young pass rusher, a couple of receivers, an additional tight end, a cornerback, a smattering of younger backups. It's a lot, but it's doable. Given the past quarter of the season, though, and the problem of aging players in several areas, I do not think these gaps can be addressed in a single year, One more year of probably making the playoffs then flopping would be my expectation. One caveat: I do not think we know yet whether (alleged?) changes in how drafting is accomplished have really addressed Bill's failures as a GM. Maybe could use a designated skill-guy-drafter expert on staff, if there is such a thing.

it's a different league people. coach bill used to be able to have guys like Otis Smith , Antwan Harris, Tyrone Poole and them mug guys....can't so that anymore

Agree with the OP's title.
Mediocre coaching made this team underperform.
1-4 to end this season. BB's mediocre staff is playing checkers

Mac is not the issue, he is just not doing anything to improve the issue.
I think we gotta have a little patience with Mac. It shouldn’t be a point of concern that a rookie QB couldn’t carry the team on his shoulders during the season and through the playoffs. Let’s see what kind of jump he makes between now and year 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes