PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I’m pulling for Cam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
You know when I first heard that Pats were even remotely interested in Cam Newton I thought....screw that ....he’s a ME guy who only cares about himself....he has several injuries past few years....rotator cuff surgeries to throwing arm ...and the lisfranc (sp) injury....WTF was BB thinking?!? Can’t run as well maybe?! Throwing lame ducks?!? Gone after training camp....probably good chance. Hey it’s a ridiculously low risk and cost signing for one of games most dynamic players( unfortunately played for a weak, poorly driven owner who never stocked the fridge enough!)

So we sign him....and guess what...!? The guy is One of the MOST DRIVEN....POSITIVE.....PUMPED UP GUYS that I remember coming here!! Took whatever reps he was given....Stid Hoyer and rest of team said he’s been a great and INSPIRATIONAL teammate....BB praised him constantly and named him a captain....not something to take lightly given its BB.,...

I am now ALL IN on Cam Newton and I am pulling for him to succeed!!!! It doesn’t really matter if we make it to playoffs or what our record is....we have the toughest schedule in the past 5 years from all reports so I’m being realistic.....but give them your best Cam....and team....give em he((!!!! I think Stid could still be a top QB in this league....but he’s not ready yet....learn kid!!!!

pS Keep Jeff Thomas and J.J. Taylor BB....they will be great!!!!

We all are I think. Cam has never been in trouble as far as I know and isn't known as a dirty player. As far as I know he comes in prepared every day and takes his job seriously. That is all you can ask for. The only negative thing I ever said about Cam and still do is he over celebrates. When you act as if every TD is a playoff game winning play then it makes me concerned about your perspective/focus to a small degree. Besides that, I don't have anything bad to say about how he conducts himself on the field. I just hope he can stay healthy.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the #5 QB in the AFC. I expected to have much less this year.

When you act as if every TD is a playoff game winning play then it makes me concerned about your perspective/focus to a small degree. Besides that, I don't have anything bad to say about how he conducts himself on the field.

This goes to your "perspective/focus" (or lack thereof) observation.

Bad news is this was a part of a theme...good news is I suspect Belichick has already coached this nonsense out of him. (something Rivera was afraid to do)

PS: I too am pulling for Cam.

1599283611862.png

My hope is that, as mentioned, BB will stress the importance of clock management and « the little things » while praising his exuberance.

I’m pulling for Cam as well. This is the team I root for & follow. The camp reports have been much more positive than I figured they would. I hope that translates into success on the field. I’m not putting any money on it.

Who is Cam throwing the ball to? The same 2 people that the GOAT had last season - Edelman and White. So, were transitioning from the GOAT to CAM who has really relied on his running over his career.

Its quite sad that Cam had better receiving options in Carolina than he has right now.

WR Steve Smith is a stud and fringe HOF candidate.
TE Greg Olsen had 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons scoring a combined 16 TDs.
RB Christian McAfferty a 2018 total of 1965 combined rush/receiving yard and 13 TDs

Cmon, Man.

This seems obvious.
What would make you root against the starting QB of your favorite team?

maybe you are hoping for the #1 pick or hoping to be able to get a ticket next year

We all are I think. Cam has never been in trouble as far as I know and isn't known as a dirty player. As far as I know he comes in prepared every day and takes his job seriously. That is all you can ask for. The only negative thing I ever said about Cam and still do is he over celebrates. When you act as if every TD is a playoff game winning play then it makes me concerned about your perspective/focus to a small degree. Besides that, I don't have anything bad to say about how he conducts himself on the field. I just hope he can stay healthy.
Cam has been in trouble there is a reason he left Florida. I believe he has changed since then though. He seems like a good guy, works hard and wants to win.

I have said before I believed if he didn’t win the starting job here is career was over. That had to motivate him

Our new reality: Pulling for the Pats is pulling for Cam.

I don't think Cam has ever had an elite head coach. Frankly this is a very interesting opportunity for him. I wasn't in favor of his signing but now that he's here all I can do is root for him and hope he does well

What did he ever do that was so ****y? SB fumble was bad but it was one incident.

After seeing that play multiple times I'm willing to give Cam a pass. In the heat of that moment he wanted to pick it up and make a play.

My issue with Cam was his attitude when he came into the league.

Now that he's a Patriot I don't see how I, or any other Pats fan, wouldn't pull for the guy. If we rooted for Antonio Brown then rooting for Cam is easy.

This seems obvious.
What would make you root against the starting QB of your favorite team?

I could have trouble rooting for a QB that stuck his genitals in the face of a female trainer trying to help him, and then laughed about it with his dad in a book.

I might also have trouble rooting for a QB who drove around town with his buddies to pick up people's pet dogs to be slaughtered for sport.

I can root for Cam though.

What did he ever do that was so ****y? SB fumble was bad but it was one incident.

Anyone has brainfart plays. Gronk when he jumped into Tre'Davious White 2 years ago, Brady when he weirdly slid with a his leg up into Ed Reed in the 2012 AFCCG.. Edleman had numerous blocks that were on the verge of being either dumb or dirty.

That doesn't mean that those plays represent the player as a whole. Should Cam have shown more effort in that one play ? Sure. Can anyone find a pattern of him not caring or being soft on the field ? Nope.

The thing is, all of this information that paints Cam in a positive light existed before he joined the Patriots.

Can anyone find a pattern of him not caring or being soft on the field ? Nope.

Be careful what you ask for...

That said, Bill Belichick is the new sheriff in Cam Town and said behaviour will surely be modified accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots