PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I’m going to miss Brady but I have become really excited about Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots coaching staff has seen Jarret Stidham play as many meaningful snaps as we have. He probably looks good in practice. We'll see how that translates to games.
It was precisely Belichick's and the coaching staff's evaluation of Tom Brady in the 2001 camps and preseason - with no meaningful snaps - that led to Brady being moved to number two QB behind Bledsoe. And, if we are to believe some of the insider info later leaked, the feeling of Belichick and Weis that Brady was superior to Bledsoe. Stidham is no sure thing. I am merely pointing out that Belichick and his coaches had confidence in Brady off of preseason games and practices and that Belichick and his coaches appear to have confidence in Stidham off of preseason games and practices. I will also add that Stidham's practices last season were often against the best secondary in the league.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what JS can do. Not trying to temper expectations here, not at all, but we have to look for improvement this first year or two. I’m sure everyone is on the same boat that there will be some major major growing pains. How could there not when your transitioning from the GOAT. All I want is in weeks 8,9 and so on that he shows progress and is not making the same/should have been corrected mistakes from games 1 and 2. There is a bunch of physical talent there that if he can progress through the mental aspect of the game we will be alright. If he gets a true, honest shot at this I think he has a good chance to be our guy. But we have to allow the growing pains and learning moments to occur and not expect greatness from the jump.

giphy.gif

It was precisely Belichick's and the coaching staff's evaluation of Tom Brady in the 2001 camps and preseason - with no meaningful snaps - that led to Brady being moved to number two QB behind Bledsoe. And, if we are to believe some of the insider info later leaked, the feeling of Belichick and Weis that Brady was superior to Bledsoe. Stidham is no sure thing. I am merely pointing out that Belichick and his coaches had confidence in Brady off of preseason games and practices and that Belichick and his coaches appear to have confidence in Stidham off of preseason games and practices. I will also add that Stidham's practices last season were often against the best secondary in the league.

They also drafted Kevin O'Connell, Rohan Davey, and Ryan Mallett.

Stidham has a good arm and can look good with a clean pocket. The biggest issue is he has zero composure or poise under pressure or big games. Look at preseason game4. Look at his Auburn games. He looks great in a clean pocket and is a turnover machine under pass rush pressure or in the 2minute drill.

Turn over machine ? What did he have 13 INTs his whole career ? Vs 48 TD passes. Yeah that 3.7-1 TD to INT ratio is horrendous.

I think we have to be patient with Stidham. He’s a very talented QB, but he will make mistakes, but hopefully not too many. I think he has a chance to be a good NFL QB.

There is huge difference from making Brady the #2 QB behind a top quarterback, and making Stidham #1.

Stidham had the best rookie training camp since Tom Brady. You can list all of the bust QBs you want, but Stidham was better than any of them, by a wide margin. Pretty ignorant statement on your part.

You spend 20 years banging the same top-shelf model it's inevitable that your first crack at someone, even if it's some rancid alley trim, is gonna be exciting.

You spend 20 years banging the same top-shelf model it's inevitable that your first crack at someone, even if it's some rancid alley trim, is gonna be exciting.

Dear god it's the most perfect metaphor for this board

Yes they did. However, I thought the discussion was about Belichick's evaluation of preseason and practice performance.

There is huge difference from making Brady the #2 QB behind a top quarterback, and making Stidham #1.
The discussion is about Belichick's evaluation of the quarterback based on preseason and practice performance.

Stidham is a potential heir to Brady, those guys had no shot at it. I’m sure they drafted them knowing if any of those guys were starting a meaningful game then things were in really bad shape in Foxboro.

Stidham had the best rookie training camp since Tom Brady. You can list all of the bust QBs you want, but Stidham was better than any of them, by a wide margin. Pretty ignorant statement on your part.

JG was pretty good.

Arguably Stidham had a better preseason than Brady did:

Comparing Jarrett Stidham's Rookie Preseason To Jimmy Garoppolo's With Patriots

Almost all of the QB's drafted by BB are in that preseason comparison, including Brady's 2000 preseason.

The concern is how Stidham handles pressure, looks like he gets sacked at a high rate, i.e he panics and tries to run from pressure rather than throwing it away...

Last edited:
This was all Bill's doing. What does he care about? Winning. Brady is the GOAT no doubt but he regressed from 2017-2019. He is going to be 43 years old in August. If Bill wanted to re sign him, he would have shelled out the cash to resign him to a lucrative deal or they would have figured out a way. He does not care about what he has done but what has he done lately , there is no emotion when he makes football decisions and thats why Brady left.

Lay off the crack pipe.

The historical revision that the honks are trying this season is ridiculous.

This was when Stidham peaked in college. He can make some good throws under pressure. They had him throwing alot of quick screen passes because this is a different system compared to what we run. He is also more mobile than Brady was, he is by no means a dual threat but he is more of a natural athlete compared to Brady.

Lay off the crack pipe.

The historical revision that the honks are trying this season is ridiculous.

Should really do a running count of how many of your posts are 100% snark and 0% content. The name calling is charming as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back