PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hunter Henry NOT Tagged. Will be a free agent

Even if the Pats are to sign Henry, I want them to sign another good TE. I still want them to have two TEs that can catch. Maybe a Kyle Rudolph or Jared Cook. Someone who doesn't play every down, but can make an impact when he is in.

it's a bit overrated because he missed a year, yes he misses a few games a season but if you take away his IR season, he's played in 55 out of 64 games
Maybe but my sense of him has always been brittle. Maybe he didn't miss games but might not have always been healthy. No facts to back it up, that's just my perception when I think of him.

Considering other needs on the team (QB's, WR's, DL, LB) ...totally fine with Henry (if signed), Asiasi and Keene.

Neither of last year's rookie TEs showed anything. So why on Earth would you be fine if one of them was the TE2?

Smith 26yrs 6-3 250lbs
1615324737391.png

Henry 27yrs 6-5 250lbs
a3a08efa45a9752cda16ea4612b87d0a.png

Last edited:
4 years at $48M.

1. Bill won't spend that.
2. Hunter wants to play for a contender.

The implication that the Pats aren't, or won't be contenders, seems impossible to know at this point.

One down season, given all the external variables and circumstances, and we're now convinced they cannot compete moving forward?

It's the NFL - oftentimes Super Bowl runner-ups don't make the postseason, let alone contend. Each season is different, especially so given COVID, opt-outs and the salary cap situation.

While it's perfectly possible the Patriots will not contend in the postseason this coming season, I don't think we should use last year's outcome as an indication they can't, or won't, contend this season. Brady is obviously a big loss and the QB situation needs to be sorted out, but Brady/the QB position was one of many changes from 2019 > 2020.

Cam was about as bad as it gets - if last season's team (with all its flaws/holes) had a competent (not great, just competent) QB, they probably win 9 or 10 games. If they had a good/great QB, they're looking at 11 or 12 wins, which is remarkable given how bad the roster was at spots.

2021 will be a very different season for all teams.

The implication that the Pats aren't, or won't be contenders, seems impossible to know at this point.

One down season, given all the external variables and circumstances, and we're now convinced they cannot compete moving forward?

It's the NFL - oftentimes Super Bowl runner-ups don't make the postseason, let alone contend. Each season is different, especially so given COVID, opt-outs and the salary cap situation.

While it's perfectly possible the Patriots will not contend in the postseason this coming season, I don't think we should use last year's outcome as an indication they can't, or won't, contend this season. Brady is obviously a big loss and the QB situation needs to be sorted out, but Brady/the QB position was one of many changes from 2019 > 2020.

Cam was about as bad as it gets - if last season's team (with all its flaws/holes) had a competent (not great, just competent) QB, they probably win 9 or 10 games. If they had a good/great QB, they're looking at 11 or 12 wins, which is remarkable given how bad the roster was at spots.

2021 will be a very different season for all teams.
Ok but I don't see it in 2021. More probable in 2022. Hope I'm wrong.

I believe Hunter came out and said something to the tune of "Money is important but so is playing with a good qb".

I'm a Cam defender/fan but even I can say after last season I don't think Hunter will look at our current situation and say "That's a good situation for me".

If the situation isn't changed at QB OR if BB doesn't have some compelling presentation as to why the offense didn't work last year but will going forward with his involvement...I don't think Hunter is coming.

BB will still shoot his shot.

I believe Hunter came out and said something to the tune of "Money is important but so is playing with a good qb".

I'm a Cam defender/fan but even I can say after last season I don't think Hunter will look at our current situation and say "That's a good situation for me".

If the situation isn't changed at QB OR if BB doesn't have some compelling presentation as to why the offense didn't work last year but will going forward with his involvement...I don't think Hunter is coming.

BB will still shoot his shot.
Cam wont be back.

If he was BB wouldnt be talking Cam up every other week tipping his hand.

I want no part of Henry at the money he's going to command. One of the most overrated players in the game. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy having him around, but that production doesn't warrant $10 million, never mind $12 - $15.

Give me Zach Ertz at his modest salary for a 5th/6th pick swap.

It would be nice to sign the top TE on the market in Henry but I think his price tag ends up being too rich for Bill.

Another TE needy team paying him big money could trickle down to the Pats in terms of a TE falling to them at a great value.

I’d expect Belichick to sign two veteran TE to go with a stout offense line and running the ball down team’s throats.

Neither of last year's rookie TEs showed anything. So why on Earth would you be fine if one of them was the TE2?
Newton had the arm of a girls Pop Warner QB, how could you draw any conclusions (good or bad) about the young TE's?

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back