Votes: 23 42.6%
  • A bottom tier starter

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • A backup level QB or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too perpetually injured to rely upon

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
He'd be good (maybe great) with good coaching and some pieces around him, but he's going into a tough situation. Other than the heart attack I am having that we now have no back up and no other trades, it will be interesting to watch...
You dont like Kyle? I think he'll be great for JG

We have a bye week to figure out the whole backup thing. Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 9ers released him instead due to issues with potential compensation picks. I guess since Hoyer is now a free agent, if we (or anyone else) signs him the the 9ers are entitled to compensation. So, we'll figure it out.
since the 49ers released him, they aren't entitled to any compensation.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but he's gonna be the next Rob Johnson. When everything is working he seems like he has all the tools, but he does not have elite toughness. Not playing with the non-throwing shoulder injury after 3 years of waiting for an opportunity is a huge red flag.

The injury was to his throwing shoulder

I know I'll get flamed for this, but he's gonna be the next Rob Johnson. When everything is working he seems like he has all the tools, but he does not have elite toughness. Not playing with the non-throwing shoulder injury after 3 years of waiting for an opportunity is a huge red flag.
the injury was to his throwing shoulder. sprained AC joint.

Garoppolo suffers sprained AC joint in Patriots' win

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported after the game that Garoppolo suffered a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder, according to someone informed of the results of exams performed at the hospital today.

edit: @NG Pats Fan beat me to it
e

It was his throwing shoulder, idiot. He's right handed.
ap_dolphins_patriots_football_85331432.jpg

Jimmy will be great, i wish him the best of luck as he was an important player during our SB run.

I don't understand the hate. He carried himself extremely well, seemed like a great teammate and did his job here.

He'd be good (maybe great) with good coaching and some pieces around him, but he's going into a tough situation. Other than the heart attack I am having that we now have no back up and no other trades, it will be interesting to watch...
Maybe he will still try free agency? Big $ risk though..

He's an enemy now, if your not a Patriot you're an enemy, he's not one of "us" anymore
Kind of silly way to look at it. Until the Pats are playing San Francisco in the Super Bowl, I'm going to root for him to do well. He did his job here, never complained, won us a couple of games and now he has his chance to play. Good for him.

Pfffft... still a wuss.

Nah just kidding, I am a jackass. Serve up that crow raw with some humble pie for desert.

I do believe the team felt he should have been able to play against Buffalo.

Well there coach is a great offensive mind and he’ll have a very good RB in Hyde or draft Barkley. They could than spend money on WR to go with Garcon so I think he’ll do great over there.

That depends on how well Lynch and Shanahan build the franchise around him.

The 49ers are a mess right now, but I think it's ultimately a good landing spot for him.

- Great offensive coach - who loved him pre-draft and still do - paired with a GM with whom he seems in sync with.
- If I'm not mistaken they also have a decent amount of cap space to improve the team.
- Good draft capital and with Jimmy onboard they can trade down in the first and get more.

That being said, It will take some time to turn it around. They have a few pieces: Buckner, forster, thomas, Kittle, tartt etc. But there's a long way to go.

I'd focus on OL, RB and Defense in the off season and then build from there.

I think Jimmy will be very good in a year or two. I think 49ers might just have become my NFC back-up team.

I think he’s going to be a Hall of Famer, hey everyone starts somewhere, right? And we’re just guessing here before someone says let’s wait til he plays a game.

The 49ers are a mess right now, but I think it's ultimately a good landing spot for him.

- Great offensive coach - who loved him pre-draft and still do - paired with a GM with whom he seems in sync with.
- If I'm not mistaken they also have a decent amount of cap space to improve the team.
- Good draft capital and with Jimmy onboard they can trade down in the first and get more.

That being said, It will take some time to turn it around. They have a few pieces: Buckner, forster, thomas, Kittle, tartt etc. But there's a long way to go.

I'd focus on OL, RB and Defense in the off season and then build from there.

I think Jimmy will be very good in a year or two. I think 49ers might just have become my NFC back-up team.
They have a buttload of cap space - I want to say they will have around $100 million in cap space next year which is crazy... They can sign Jimmy to however expensive of a contract needs to be signed and still have a TON of cap space left over, plus they won't need to use their high pick on a QB so they can take someone like Saquon Barkley or even trade back to stock up on more picks... I think by middle of next year they'll start looking like a decent team and then in 2019 will actually be a contender to go to the postseason, and I believe Jimmy will be the leader of the team in the same way Tom is. The guy was fortunate to have such a model example of how to be a great QB, leader and person for several years.

They have a buttload of cap space - I want to say they will have around $100 million in cap space next year which is crazy... They can sign Jimmy to however expensive of a contract needs to be signed and still have a TON of cap space left over, plus they won't need to use their high pick on a QB so they can take someone like Saquon Barkley or even trade back to stock up on more picks... I think by middle of next year they'll start looking like a decent team and then in 2019 will actually be a contender to go to the postseason, and I believe Jimmy will be the leader of the team in the same way Tom is. The guy was fortunate to have such a model example of how to be a great QB, leader and person for several years.
The 49ers are doing what the Jets wish they could be doing.

Well, that can go a long way if they're smart about it. And they don't strike me as the types who is going to give 20 per year to a Suh kinda player. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off season, that's for sure.

He has a great offensive minded coach. Look at how much better Ryan was w him. I think he will be solid top 15 qb

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back