Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too perpetually injured to rely upon

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

slam

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So let's get our predictions in now!

Nobody knows for certain. I don’t know what kind of team he’s going to be surrounded by in SF, can’t really judge his performance off of one half season. Next season let’s see how he does after an off season of learning the playbook and what not. Wish him the best though, I believe he’ll do well.

He'd be good (maybe great) with good coaching and some pieces around him, but he's going into a tough situation. Other than the heart attack I am having that we now have no back up and no other trades, it will be interesting to watch...

He'd be good (maybe great) with good coaching and some pieces around him, but he's going into a tough situation. Other than the heart attack I am having that we now have no back up and no other trades, it will be interesting to watch...
The 9ers have been awful to watch. Here's their "weapons":

49ers.com | Depth Chart

The idea was for them to be a ground and pound kind of team.

I think JG alone can't turn that team around, and of course one down side for the 9ers is that he just used up their 2018 2nd rounder so they don't have as much draft capital.

We have a bye week to figure out the whole backup thing. Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 9ers released him instead due to issues with potential compensation picks. I guess since Hoyer is now a free agent, if we (or anyone else) signs him the the 9ers are entitled to compensation. So, we'll figure it out.

He’ll be good as long as he has protection & a couple of weapons. Note: most young QBs with an adequate OC/ Offensive minded coach (Wentz, Goff, Watson, Dak) are doing well. Young QBs with Defensive minded coaches (Vikings QBs, Carr just started playing well last week, Bortles, Winston, Siemian, Mariota, Colts QBs) aren’t. Notice the trend? He now is paired with Kyle Shanahan, who works wonders with QBs.

Hopefully really bad if we keep the pick. Then after that I wish him the best

We need a “he sucks” option.

The 9ers have been awful to watch. Here's their "weapons":

49ers.com | Depth Chart

The idea was for them to be a ground and pound kind of team.

I think JG alone can't turn that team around, and of course one down side for the 9ers is that he just used up their 2018 2nd rounder so they don't have as much draft capital.

We have a bye week to figure out the whole backup thing. Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 9ers released him instead due to issues with potential compensation picks. I guess since Hoyer is now a free agent, if we (or anyone else) signs him the the 9ers are entitled to compensation. So, we'll figure it out.
They have a 1st, 2nd and three 3rd round picks next year. Unless Jimmy is a miracle worker immediately the first will be top ten. Plenty of draft capital to remake the offense IMO.

Am NOT advocating, hoping, wishing a Brady trade in any way.

As pure curiosity, though, I'd be intrigued to hear how much teams would cough up for him today. Would a team like Jax figure he'd be the ingredient and break the bank ?

Again - not gonna happen/happy it won't. But it'd be interesting to know his value.

I agree there's no way to evaluate him this year on a team that literally sucks. I think he will have some really good moments and then some not so good ones.

I honestly think he's gonna go far. Guy is smart, hardworking and he looks natural commanding the offense. I had the feeling he would be the continuation of the franchise, tbh.

If the reports that he wouldnt accept an extension are accurate, then there was nothing that could have been done...

We'll see. Coaching can make or break a QB, but Grop has a good one in K. Shanahan, i think. If they get Barkley next year, it could get interesting

I know I'll get flamed for this, but he's gonna be the next Rob Johnson. When everything is working he seems like he has all the tools, but he does not have elite toughness. Not playing with the non-throwing shoulder injury after 3 years of waiting for an opportunity is a huge red flag.

Last edited:
I hope he struggles this season so our SF pick can be high 2nd round.

Jimmy's gonna do great........gonna get a big ass contract......gonna be set for life

Hopefully he sucks bad, gets us a high pick, gets cut, comes back to us and wins the next 10 superbowls.

Ten years from now, SF fans will be saying "Joe who?":D

Brian Hoyer.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back