PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to lose to the Jets next week without making it obvious that Pats are trying to lose the game

It feels like zappe is starting to unravel and we are still littered with injuries in key spots, but like others have said possibly nyj want to lose this even worse. At least we are most likely not dropping lower than 5 with a win. They could possibly fall out of the top 10
One interesting tidbit is that PFF had Zappe with zero turnover-worthy plays on Sunday. They basically put blame on all of his turnovers on either the receiver for running the wrong route or just an incredible play by the DB that they felt like shouldn't have happened but did anyway. So in a way the issues had a lot to do with Zappe playing with the doldrums of the roster as opposed to Bourne, Henry, Juju - guys who have gotten most of the 1st team reps all year. Not like Mac's INTs which were largely all on Mac.

Still, at the end of the day, 3 INTs are 3 INTs.

Okay. Don’t hate me for this, but it has worked in the past. We start a GoFundMe to pay certain key players to get into a yelling match with Steve Belichick or, my preference, punch Joe Judge, so Bill has no choice but to bench them Sunday.
Too soon

BB will state at press conference on Wednesday that Pats want to get a look at some of their younger players and players who have not gotten many reps to make decisions for next year

1. Start Vederian Lowe, Steuber and Mafi on OL
2. Start Nathan Rourke at QB, Let Joe Judge serve as QB coach for this game
3. Start Boutte at WR1, Slater at WR 2
4. Use Gesicki as blocking TE
5. Start Ferentrz at center
6. Feature JaMichael Hasty as 3 down RB
7. Go for field goals with Ryland every time you can, even on 4th and 1 from inside the 5
8. Starting LBs- Chris Board, Christian Ellis, Mapu
9. Start Brendan Schooler at Safety
10. Marco Wilson and Shaun Wade at CB
11. Have 3 QBs on active roster
12. MOST IMPORTANT- Bring in Ass-ante Samuel and Trent Brown to give pregame pep talk

Every play should be a pass attempt greater than 20 yards
Prevent defense every play

You are welcome!

Hilarious, well done. On point 2, just let Judge be the OC and the rest won't be needed.

McCorkle starts. Then a few nut taps to Sauce Gardner in front of the refs should be good for a few timely flags. If that doesn’t work maybe one *to* a ref would do the trick.

BB will state at press conference on Wednesday that Pats want to get a look at some of their younger players and players who have not gotten many reps to make decisions for next year

7. Go for field goals with Ryland every time you can, even on 4th and 1 from inside the 5
12. MOST IMPORTANT- Bring in Ass-ante Samuel and Trent Brown to give pregame pep talk

You are welcome!
Send someone to infiltrate and spy on the Rats.

They have losing down to an art form.

You are welcome!
“Not obvious” ship sailed when you said “Slater at WR”

I like your thinking though ya crazy son of a gun.

You are welcome!
Sam I got it. :rofl:

This is a nice chat but I think we all realize that even if the Jete are trying to win, it will be challenging to lose to them. Any given Sunday and all that…

Yes we must lose so that the wieners on this forum can spend the next four months hyperventilating about how they would use the pick on their favorite player (a bust) and then delete all their posts hyping said player after the fact. Come on Bill, make it happen.

Yes we must lose so that the wieners on this forum can spend the next four months hyperventilating about how they would use the pick on their favorite player (a bust) and then delete all their posts hyping said player after the fact. Come on Bill, make it happen.
What if the player they pick at 2 or 3 turns out to be a superstar? Will you do the same?

So, you would rather win a meaningless game against the Jets to finish 5-12 and pick between 5-7 vs losing a meaningless game finish 4-13 and pick either 2nd or 3rd?

Not to mention losing draft ground in the additional 6 rounds. I'd rather pick in the top 3 than win a ******** game in week 18 of a terrible season. That would just make this whole season suck that much worse.

Last edited:
One interesting tidbit is that PFF had Zappe with zero turnover-worthy plays on Sunday. They basically put blame on all of his turnovers on either the receiver for running the wrong route or just an incredible play by the DB that they felt like shouldn't have happened but did anyway. So in a way the issues had a lot to do with Zappe playing with the doldrums of the roster as opposed to Bourne, Henry, Juju - guys who have gotten most of the 1st team reps all year. Not like Mac's INTs which were largely all on Mac.

Still, at the end of the day, 3 INTs are 3 INTs.

The first INT was also Gesicki's fault to some degree I suppose;

The next INT was mostly Zappy, though Parker might've rounded his route... Besides, wan't that play supposed to be a screen to Pop Douglas, with Gesicki, the Pharaoh & Kevin Harris in front of him?

The third was mostly Reagor's fault for not recognizing the blitz and adjusting his route accordingly, though perhaps Zappy could've seen that he wasn't doing it and gone elsewhere or tucked the ball and run...

Zeke
Henry
Pop
David Andrews
Tavai
Wise
White

all out due to illness
Remote-Control-2-4Ghz-1-30-Scale-US-M26-Pershing-RC-Infrared-Battle-Tank-w-Sound-and-Lights-RC-RTR_6aea5215-8892-4b97-aac5-13f532bc6e0a.97fe83ebda1d7f30e6cfddd9e90cedc7.jpeg

Zeke
Henry
Pop
David Andrews
Tavai
Wise
White

all out due to illness
Screams “tank” to me. And if Bill really throws this game and his chance at 16 straight against the Jets then that screams “I’m coming back” to me as well. No way Bill prioritizes draft position for a team he may not be in next year over the chance to finish his career in NE with a 16 game win streak over his hated Jets.

Outstanding suggestions!

But seriously folks... Ownership needs to make clear to Billy - in No Uncertain Terms - that continuing his sick, anti-TEAM, perverted little "winning" streak vs the Jete is NOT an option; and that it Does Not Matter that he's being Fired the following day...

WE MUST - M.U.S.T - LOSE ON SUNDAY!

No. WE MUST WIN -- W.I.N. ON SUNDAY! I will be on hand to help ensure that happens. Maybe you and all the other fantasy dweebs who mistakenly believe a top-three draft pick guarantees something can organize a Madden tournament or whatever. I (God willing) will enjoy a hearty laugh at your expense as OUR GOAT coach rides off into the sunset with consecutive Jete scalp No. 16. As it is written, so it shall be. :whistle:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back