PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many years will this happen before we stop being surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the purpose of this thread is to out everyone who had/has legitimate concerns that these Patriots aren't going to make it to the Super Bowl this year due to some problems on the roster. The OP is magnificent and brave in writing this incredible piece of hindsight after the game, during the team's high point of the season, while he also can see the future and just saw a 12-4 finish and sixth Lombardi. For all the rest of us, we are naive and quick to make stupid assessments because there's nothing wrong with the roster, and we are spoiled if we try to predict how they'll fare compared to previous Patriots teams, which by their consistent past results, have always had the same bar, which is Super Bowl or bust.
No, I think just ignorant to have witnessed what this franchise has done for 18 years and overreact about a couple of games.

If there has ever been a team that has warranted blind faith because no matter what it looks like they have proven they will figure it out and compete for a championship it’s this one.

It’s kind if shameful that it’s own fans are the first ones to forget that and trash it at literally the first sign of trouble.

It’s kind if shameful that it’s own fans are the first ones to forget that and trash it at literally the first sign of trouble.

The Andy special, writing a reasonably compelling post and then adding in an exaggerated, unsupported characterization at the end.

I haven't seen many people "trash" the team in any way, and it's almost universal that any doubt is followed by a disclaimer that the poster is incredibly lucky to have Belichick and this team. People have been concerned about the glaring lack of talent from younger players in rookie contracts and posted a lot of good, constructive information about it.

It seems like "the winners" in this thread think because the Patriots won a home game against the Dolphins, everyone who has expressed concern is automatically a spoiled hater who should be shamed by all.

The Andy special, writing a reasonably compelling post and then adding in an exaggerated, unsupported characterization at the end.

I haven't seen many people "trash" the team in any way, and it's almost universal that any doubt is followed by a disclaimer that the poster is incredibly lucky to have Belichick and this team. People have been concerned about the glaring lack of talent from younger players in rookie contracts and posted a lot of good, constructive information about it.

It seems like "the winners" in this thread think because the Patriots won a home game against the Dolphins, everyone who has expressed concern is automatically a spoiled hater who should be shamed by all.
You are making really really broad generalizations, strawmanning a bit and turning a blind eye to a couple of things.. I get what your point is. But I dont think this is the way to go about it.

There are posters here who are only here to **** on the team. They in turn rile up a lot of imbeciles who also post here. Then what you have is instead of a rational discussion about the team and its issues, you have people expending a ton of energy to tell all these imbeciles how wrong they are.

It happens over and over. It is a like a certain few posters like to incite a riot. And it works, every time.

Regardless of how many people you have or have not seen "trash" the team (and the team deserves some of it when they play like - trash) would you agree wholeheartedly that there are posters here who only post when its miserable and negative and that they will not show up at all when there is anything positive going on?

I dint know what board yoy were reading. On this one there were to name a few examples, posts about
- will fans “own it” when they are worse than 8-8 this year
-this team has no talent
-time to clean out the front office
-Michel is a bust
Etc, etc.

How people feel is how they want to feel. Posts on this board actually make it seem like people think how they feel will affect how the team plays. Who gives a crap is someone is uneasy? What difference does it make?

I don't know about you, but I don't have people in my everyday life that are as passionate about the team as I am or fellow members on this board. I'll be the first to admit, that I'm not completely strategy savvy. While I follow the ball, I'm not an astute observer on effective line play (outside of the obvious in observing sacks, etc). So after a big win or disappointing loss, I'll come here, to mingle with my 'therapy group', the people I know who watch the games with as much passion as I do.

So while I formulate an opinion on the team based on what I watch, I come here to see how others (especially those who may have more insight) feel about what they've observed. Sure, there will be plenty how just come to troll (I suppose that's natural of any online forum, regardless of subject).

It was an excuse to drink during the day on Sunday.....some things never change
Sure things change, the excuse changed from dismay to celebration. But the more things change the more they stay the same. Outcome is still drinking during the day on Sunday.

I don't know about you, but I don't have people in my everyday life that are as passionate about the team as I am or fellow members on this board. I'll be the first to admit, that I'm not completely strategy savvy. While I follow the ball, I'm not an astute observer on effective line play (outside of the obvious in observing sacks, etc). So after a big win or disappointing loss, I'll come here, to mingle with my 'therapy group', the people I know who watch the games with as much passion as I do.

So while I formulate an opinion on the team based on what I watch, I come here to see how others (especially those who may have more insight) feel about what they've observed. Sure, there will be plenty how just come to troll (I suppose that's natural of any online forum, regardless of subject).
And I think that’s exactly the reason I dislike the overreacters. It just takes away from being able to discuss things.
I mean after all this team has done, it’s pretty reasonable when things go bad to think “crap that wasn’t good but I trust they will figure it out because they always do” but here it’s a week long whinefest about who sucks and how the season is doomed.

If they want the AFC Championship they gotta come through foxborough..

You're right. If you want a pretty fair idea who the phonies are who claim to be Patriot fans, but aren't, notice those who posted multiple times after the last two games who have not been heard from since yesterday's game ended. It's not foolproof, but I believe it's a reasonably accurate indicator.

I agree it’s a good indicator. Another one I’ve found is the ones who refuse any type of logic and or reasoning. I.E

Poster A. We lost brady sucks, B.B. sucks, Kraft is a moron, etc

Response: they always start slow.

Nooo it’s the end I’m telling ya.

Sure things change, the excuse changed from dismay to celebration. But the more things change the more they stay the same. Outcome is still drinking during the day on Sunday.

I’m trying but

giphy.gif

Yea. I dont think there is a 3rd. You may have a few legit fans wander in just trying to make sense of the game but they quickly leave when they have to sift through 234 pages of hissy-fits and troll turd.

I can take an occasional negative post. I have some of my own. But the threads that I hate the most are those when two posters are arguing back and forth and repeating the same bs. That's when my mouse wheel spins at the speed of a table saw blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft