PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many times has Manning denied us of a playoff matchup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New England Pride

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Very disappointed Manning pulled his usual choking dog act once again denying us of a likely playoff victory. 2-2 against this chocking dog is disappointing when you consider he has denied us the pleasure of beating him when New England is at their strongest. We take Tom Brady and 52 scarecrows dressed in patriot unis to Denver and lose, but this guy doesn't make it to Gillette when he is sure to get punked here. If our last playoff matchup was last year in Denver, that kinda sucks. He did this to us in 07 as well, and if you ask me, we would have won in Denver in 2012. Thoughts?

Kind of tough to say that we would definitely win in Denver in 2012.

But anyway, for the general NFL fan population it is unfortunate that the fan base was denied of possibly the last and final chapter of the Brady-Manning playoff saga.

I think of this less as Manning the choking dog and more that there is something very wrong with him. He did not play well at all and looked old and tired.

Peyton has gone 1-and-done nine times. Brady has been to the AFC Championship Game nine times. Can we PLEASE stop all the "Manning is the greatest ever" talk now?

Just felt like sharing.

I don't need to see them play again:

"Manning now has nine "one-and-done" playoff appearances, equaling the number of AFC Championship Games for Tom Brady. No other quarterback has lost his first playoff game more than four times."

That's good enough for me

I think of this less as Manning the choking dog and more that there is something very wrong with him. He did not play well at all and looked old and tired.

As much as he is a choker in the playoffs, there is no question that he is hurt or he drank from the wrong goblet and thought it was from the Cup of Christ and aged 20 years in a couple of weeks.

If Peyton Manning has one more playoff start before he retires, he may set the greatest mark in NFL history since Warren Moon.

30 NFL quarterbacks have started in the playoffs at least 10 times, up to 27 times (Tom Brady). We’re talking 30 different players in history to start 10 or more playoff games, each.

Peyton Manning needs just one more one-and-done to set the record for worst Win-Loss playoff percentage in NFL history of those 30 well-known quarterbacks.

Currently, out of 30 NFL quarterbacks with 10 or more playoff starts, Peyton Manning’s percentage (.458) is only .014 points better than Marino, Rivers, and Lamina. He’s also just .003 points ahead of Hasselbeck. Manning can easily take the crown from those four with one loss.

The only exception is Warren Moon, whose .300 record is so bad it is almost impossible to catch; you have to dig through history to find a guy with 7 starts (48 players behind Tom Brady) and one with 5 starts (Matt Ryan, 82 players behind Tom Brady’s 27 starts), and four with 4 starts, to get that record or worse.

It is almost fitting that Moon retired in 2000 once Peyton Manning entered the league.

Tom Brady: 9 conference championships.
Peyton Manning: 9 times one-and-done.

'nough said.

As much as he is a choker in the playoffs, there is no question that he is hurt or he drank from the wrong goblet and thought it was from the Cup of Christ and aged 20 years in a couple of weeks.

He's hurt every January. I'm pissed they didn't advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes